Competitions 2014 AFL Fantasy and Supercoach Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McDonald - North (Lock in your side)
Langdon - Collingwood (Job security iffy at this stage)

I have 3 rookies in the Def: McDonald, Griffiths and Langford
Langford could become Clurey later on this week.

Sweet thanks! I've got all those guys except for the big Griff. What do you reckon about Colquhoun from Port as a mid price Def/Mid ($293,300)?

McDonald - North (Lock in your side)
Langdon - Collingwood (Job security iffy at this stage)

I have 3 rookies in the Def: McDonald, Griffiths and Langford
Langford could become Clurey later on this week.

McDonald, Langdon, Langford, Clurey, Georgiou, Cutler, Cameron are the ones most likely to be picked round 1

What are peoples thoughts on the ruck? It does my head in every year and I hate wasting trades on this position. Currently I have Goldstein, Sandilands, Grundy and Apeness. Pretty comfortable with the first 2 but not the 2nd 2.

What are peoples thoughts on the ruck? It does my head in every year and I hate wasting trades on this position. Currently I have Goldstein, Sandilands, Grundy and Apeness. Pretty comfortable with the first 2 but not the 2nd 2.

Goldstein & Grundy are iffy.

Scott has stated he has plans to use both Goldstein and Currie together.
Grundy did not score well in the pre-season

Who does McDonough compete with for job-security this year? Seems he is in favour for R1, but will he have the same security in R2 - I think you guys are supposed to get a few back for that round?

If he keeps playing the way he did through the pre-season, he'll be very hard to displace from the team. Given the lack of cheap forward options (that I can find anyway), he's a lock for at least a spot on the bench for me.

Goldstein & Grundy are iffy.

Scott has stated he has plans to use both Goldstein and Currie together.
Grundy did not score well in the pre-season

Righto, here's a draft of my team. Don't really care about letting it all hang out as I'm really only interested in beating my mates. :) Here goes:

image.jpg

A few of the rookies will obviously depend on selection. Got a list of about 5-6 others who are on my radar as well. Tossing up between Watts and guys like Swallow who I think are potentially in for big improving years both heading into the middle. Still got 234,000 in the bank so maybe look at another premium and wait and see on those guys? Trying to keep some flexibility in multi position players where possible.

Thoughts?

Righto, here's a draft of my team. Don't really care about letting it all hang out as I'm really only interested in beating my mates. :) Here goes:

View attachment 46503

A few of the rookies will obviously depend on selection. Got a list of about 5-6 others who are on my radar as well. Tossing up between Watts and guys like Swallow who I think are potentially in for big improving years both heading into the middle. Still got 234,000 in the bank so maybe look at another premium and wait and see on those guys? Trying to keep some flexibility in multi position players where possible.

Thoughts?
Here are some options
I have multi-positions in my side but I will move them later in to the mids (injuries/trade)
Defenders:
Out- Wood, Fuller (Doubtful he will play early on)
Bring in - McDonald*, Swallow, Vlastuin, Malceski etc

Forwards
Out- Billings (Doubtful he will play early on)
Borderline - Mayes (awful lot of money for a 2nd year player)
Bring in - Dangerfield

Mids
Out - Dangerfield, McDonald, Cripps
In - Dale Thomas*, Xavier Ellis, Polec*, Michie, Tyson (Just some examples).

(*Standout players - Value for money).

Where will Kreuzer play the majority of the time (fwd or ruck)?
If not in the ruck reconsider?

In RDT I have gone
Def: 3 x Rookie priced players
Mid: 6 x Rookie priced players
Fwd: 3 x Rookie priced players

Depends what strategy you want to go with.
This year I have stocked up with rookie mids to generate cash later on (Mid rookies make most money)
I feel quality Def and Fwd rookies are in short supply.

234K in the bank is too much.
Think stocks if money invested the investment will mature (bank cash does not in Fantasy Footy Games)
Hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited:
Here are some options
I have multi-positions in my side but I will move them later in to the mids (injuries/trade)
Defenders:
Out- Wood, Fuller (Doubtful he will play early on)
Bring in - McDonald*, Swallow, Vlastuin, Malceski etc

Forwards
Out- Billings (Doubtful he will play early on)
Borderline - Mayes (awful lot of money for a 2nd year player)
Bring in - Dangerfield

Mids
Out - Dangerfield, McDonald, Cripps
In - Dale Thomas*, Xavier Ellis, Polec*, Michie, Tyson (Just some examples).

(*Standout players - Value for money).

Where will Kreuzer play the majority of the time (fwd or ruck)?
If not in the ruck reconsider?

In RDT I have gone
Def: 3 x Rookie priced players
Mid: 6 x Rookie priced players
Fwd: 3 x Rookie priced players

Depends what strategy you want to go with.
This year I have stocked up with rookie mids to generate cash later on (Mid rookies make most money)
I feel quality Def and Fwd rookies are in short supply.

234K in the bank is too much.
Think stocks if money invested the investment will mature (bank cash does not in Fantasy Footy Games)
Thanks mate!

View attachment 46503

Thoughts?
I like it, but here are a few things I'd look to change.
Easton Wood to Luke McDonald. Wood is unreliable and he should score similarly to L.McDonald but McDonald is cheaper, so move him from your mids to defence.
I'd trade Cripps to Polec and replace McDonald/Wood with X.Ellis/Michie or another rookie.
Not sure on Kreuzer, wait for teams as Warnock could play alongside him, if so I'd look at someone else.
I'd trade Billings to a rookie and then upgrade Mayes to a gun (Danger, he's a must have IMO).
But overall a solid team, once teams are announced, I'm sure you'll fix all the rookie selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone recommend any rookie def/mid players? Really battling with my backline!
L. macdonald,
Laidler,
Clurey,
Langford,
Langdon.

Just a matter of them being selected. Pretty putrid bunch down back this year. I'd look at j.pittard and t.bugg and maybe Webster from the saints and Griffiths from tHe mighty tiges. At least that way you won't be getting donuts in a few rounds as I don't see most of them holding their spot.

I like it, but here are a few things I'd look to change.

Here are some options

So you guys aren't that concerned about not having multi position players on each line early in the season? Do you focus on that later in the year when injuries hit? I've always been obsessed with that over the years and I think my scores have suffered as a result.....

L. macdonald,
Laidler,
Clurey,
Langford,
Langdon.

Just a matter of them being selected. Pretty putrid bunch down back this year. I'd look at j.pittard and t.bugg and maybe Webster from the saints and Griffiths from tHe mighty tiges. At least that way you won't be getting donuts in a few rounds as I don't see most of them holding their spot.

Thanks mate! Asked a Hawk supporting mate about Langford and he's still not convinced that he'll get much of a run despite the pre season exposure. The others are all in my team now somewhere.

So you guys aren't that concerned about not having multi position players on each line early in the season? Do you focus on that later in the year when injuries hit? I've always been obsessed with that over the years and I think my scores have suffered as a result.....

Injuries are going to hit; I do not plan to start with multi-position players in the mids.
Have them selected in the def & fwd to enable you to move them across; after all your multi position player could get injured anyway.
I prefer to maximise the mids early on.

If Langford is selected it means Liam Shiels no longer has the lock-down role and improves the midfield depth.

One is more than enough, in Langdon. IMO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back