Preview 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs Hawthorn, MCG, 2.30pm, Saturday Sept 27th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port Adelaide would have pushed ANY side to the brink of defeat with the form they were carrying, in fact they made mince meat out of Fremantle the previous week. And don't forget they were giving Sydney a run for their money in recent weeks as well (accuracy being the difference between a close win, close loss or in their last match an easy victory for Sydney). Hawthorn dodged a bullet because of Port Adelaide's inaccuracy.

I think the Umpires will be siding with the media and will be awarding Sydney free kicks out of nowhere in order to ensure a Sydney victory.

I'd love that to be the case given the arm chair ride the Hawks have been getting from the umps and it'd be only fair given the swans are hosting the Hawks on the Hawks home ground.

Have you tried asking the mods to change your username?
Or do you like showing the world that you're an idiot?
Mmmh define idiot Mr Smeltitdeltit?
Have had a chance to change my name every year but choose not to, why should I?

I hope the Hawks mids can get their fair share of the footy as I want to see how a couple of Sydney defenders stand up under pressure. Grundy can be exploited and he is who I would be looking to isolate. I know Rohan had a very good game last week but I want to see him under pressure one on one against one of the Hawks mid size forwards, likewise Shaw.

BycQiCqIYAAjTXs.jpg

First time I've seen the Herald Sun on point.

BycQiCqIYAAjTXs.jpg

First time I've seen the Herald Sun on point.
That's gold!

I can't wait for tomorrow. All I can ask is that win or lose, the Hawks supporters don't turn into trolls and grouches, because I know a lot of Swans fans don't really like Hawthorn supporters in general; it's more of a R&W vs B&G rather than anything personal. I know that most Swans supporters would like our rivalry to become something very close to the West Coast/Sydney rivalry, built on mutual respect and admiration, rather than Essendon/Hawthorn rivalry, which is built on campaigners and sand and lines and Lloyd.

I think it's hilarious that Sydney are touted as Buddy's Swans, last i checked he was not the captain of the club. They may as well rename the team the Buddy Swans or the Sydney Buddy's.
You won't hear that from the club, the players, or most Sydney supporters - Edit: Or Clarkson come to that. Just the media trying to create a story - and they are of no relevance whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love that to be the case given the arm chair ride the Hawks have been getting from the umps and it'd be only fair given the swans are hosting the Hawks on the Hawks home ground.

Win anywhere, anytime, against any adversary and all adversity.

Or are you simply making your excuses early lest the worst happens and the brown and gold beat ya? Lance could kick 1 goal 10 behinds, you could lose by a point and I reckon you would still find cause to blame the umpires.

People are forgetting that the Hawks were lucky to beat Port Adelaide, very lucky. This premiership belongs to the Swans, and it's theirs to lose.

Port are a very, very good team though and would've pushed us the whole way as well. Beat them twice this year but both times it was an arm wrestle that could've went either way.

Port Adelaide would have pushed ANY side to the brink of defeat with the form they were carrying, in fact they made mince meat out of Fremantle the previous week. And don't forget they were giving Sydney a run for their money in recent weeks as well (accuracy being the difference between a close win, close loss or in their last match an easy victory for Sydney). Hawthorn dodged a bullet because of Port Adelaide's inaccuracy.

I think the Umpires will be siding with the media and will be awarding Sydney free kicks out of nowhere in order to ensure a Sydney victory.

you mean like not paying free's down field like they should be or ignoring pushes in the back inside 50 and giving one team 11 more free's then the other?

god can only hope the umps don't try and gift wrap you back into the game just like they did in 2012.

Yeah that's what i was going with, the MCG surface can't be beaten. Playing on hte ANZ surface you wouldn't get the high quality match that the grand final deserves to be. Would be the same train wreck if it were held at the Docklands/Etihad Stadium for some reason.

don't give the AFL ideas...... they will own docklands in what is it 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back