News 2014 Australia International Rules guernsey options

Which is the better design?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia always look best when they are in a proper shade of gold, not yellow. It's a simple as that to make a good national kit for us.

images

i preferred the home one, but this is pretty much perfect.
not sure why they changed it though...

Also the shade of green is very important, I remember the Socceroos changing from a horrible blue-green in 2004 to a more Aussie green in 2005

From this:

466747229_o.jpg

To this:

758472087_o.jpg

The pictures may not show it, but in real life the second one was considerably better and looked more "Australian"
It had the yellow tweaked to be more gold also.

images

i preferred the home one, but this is pretty much perfect.
not sure why they changed it though...
Preferred the home one as in that all green pile of crap? I hate our home ODI uniform, the yellow/gold ones we wear overseas always look so much better.

For me the best looking national team uniform us consistently the Wallabies, the shades of gold and green they have always generally look great

This sort of stuff happens all the time when a set of (usually) two jumpers is released to the public... the one which looks more, interesting, I guess is the one that receives much higher levels of support... and sure, it might be a more visually appealing design (in this case I honestly don't think it is... even a gold V isn't enough to stop the dark green and navy from clashing) but as for terms of how it actually looks on a player, out on the field... it's usually the more simplistic design which would be the wiser decision.

Take for example GWS' kit... it's widely known that when it was first revealed along with its moniker etc. - another, more simplistic design (basically Gold Coast's kit, orange base, charcoal G and side panels) was also tossed up. At the time the current outfit was widely regarded as MUCH better than its counterpart, but I truly believe the unchosen design would've looked a lot better on the field. No strange front to back charcoal to orange melding, no charcoal shorts that are a different shade of grey than on the guernsey, no non-brand specific use of white, a nice duel colour outfit, orange top with charcoal shorts, which is really just a less cluttered design. GWS don't have a bad jumper, but I don't think it'll evolve, they'll probably just scrap it and move to a different design entirely.

Another example of this is when Gold Coast launched their maiden jumpers. There was a bunch of public support for the ill-fated wave jumpers, with a lot of fairweathers saying they wished they'd be the permanent strip... but on the field they looked plain dumb, the sides didn't match up, it felt like a contrived and forced gettup. They were to be scrapped at the end of their second season.

Preferred the home one as in that all green pile of crap? I hate our home ODI uniform, the yellow/gold ones we wear overseas always look so much better.

For me the best looking national team uniform us consistently the Wallabies, the shades of gold and green they have always generally look great
kcw_630.jpg

i loved this one, much better than our home one now any way, and i really like the separate home and away strips we've been using.
the current home doesn't look good at all, i hate it and the font for the numbers and names is crap IMO.

kcw_630.jpg

i loved this one, much better than our home one now any way, and i really like the separate home and away strips we've been using.
the current home doesn't look good at all, i hate it and the font for the numbers and names is crap IMO.
When I was a kid we wore yellow all the time, I love watching us play overseas because we just look better.

The sooner they kill off the all green at home the better for me

When I was a kid we wore yellow all the time, I love watching us play overseas because we just look better.

The sooner they kill off the all green at home the better for me
then you'll be taking away what the current generation has grown up with, maybe if we wear green away it'd look ok.
but i'd prefer us in green at home and yellow away.
just like football, dark shorts home, light shorts away

then you'll be taking away what the current generation has grown up with, maybe if we wear green away it'd look ok.
Stuff the current generation.... they are wrong haha

Grew up with green uniforms, but I prefer yellow by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I am only being a s**t stirrer, kids today do grow up with the green home shirts and that's what they know and like.

I just have my preference

I personally prefer the yellow home (born 1994 if that counts for anything) but the green doesn't look bad as a predominant colour IMO. These jerseys are horrible however, and should be burnt and left behind with the rest of the 2013 cricket uniforms. Jeez this past 2 years have been horrible for cricket merch.

Back