Competitions 2014 Bigfooty Supercoach Club Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
41618_26db4864f862fe2b4d14eac801bc790e.jpg

Welcome to the 2014 Bigfooty Supercoach Club Championship Port Adelaide Leagues.

This is the third season of the competition and all 18 clubs are represented. Last year, the Geelong Board (BigFooty Cats SC) were premiers, defeating the Richmond Board (BigFooty Tigers SC) 12-6 in the grand final. The Port Adelaide team finished in 10th place. To view last years Championship CLICK HERE.

41619_94d1d77c3692bbc6eb5506b6abf9c2cf.jpg

This year we will be introducing a Best and Fairest award for both Division 1 & 2. Votes will be awarded 3,2,1 for the highest scores from our league in each round. Votes will only be tallied for games in the Bigfooty Club Championship whilst our team is still active. As we missed the finals in 2012 and 2013 we only played the 17 minor rounds therefore there were 17 vote scoring games. If we make the finals this year votes will be awarded in those games.

For previous award winners were:

2012 - Finished 15th
Highest Ranked - chewysnake (1)
Premiers - Waspy79 (Runner Up - chewysnake)
B&F - chewysnake
B&F Runner Up - Waspy79

2013 - Finished 10th
Highest Ranked - strath39 (2626)
Premiers - _Christoh_ (Runner Up - Waspy79)
B&F - FallingLiefs
B&F Runner Up - strath39

2014 - Finished 11th
Highest ranked - rumoursofwinter (840)
Premiers - Waspy79 (Runner Up - rumoursofwinter)
B&F - chewysnake
B&F Runner Up - FallingLiefs and SureBuddy14

Information and rules

Leagues and teams

A SuperCoach guernsey has been created for each Club Board, in the same vein as on the SuperCoach website but using the club's current design. These guernseys will accompany team lists and will be used each week for games.

All participating leagues must be named BigFooty [Mascot] 1, for example BigFooty PAFC 1. There is a chance some of these leagues will be in the top 20 and we want the BigFooty name to be loud and proud on the rankings page.

Matches

In 2014 all 18 club boards will be represented by their top SuperCoach league in the Club Board Championships.

Each week, nine matches will take place with each club board up against another club board. The home and away season runs from Rounds 3 to 19 (as per SuperCoach season). Likewise, the top eight leagues will earn the right to play finals from Rounds 20 to 23.

The draw will be posted as soon as it is made available. Club Boards will 'play' out of their traditional home grounds. Port Adelaide will be playing out of Alberton. The draws for SuperCoach and Dream Team leagues are identical.

I will post our weekly match up prior to each round if they are available. After each match I will post the result, ladder, B&F votes and Championship MVP votes.

Scoring

The match scoring system is as follows:
  1. All 18 teams from both leagues in a match are sorted into seeds in order from the highest rank after the previous round to the lowest.
  2. Then 18 'mini matches' are played, with team going up against team.
  3. The club board with the most 'mini matches' won that round wins the match and records a win for their board.
This is a fair way to conduct scoring and means leagues with a player who doesn't maintain their team are not too disadvantaged.

There will be a Club Championship thread in the Supercoach sub forum with all the weekly results. I will post a link each week with our results.

Prizes

All 18 BigFooty players from the champion league will win themselves the title of BigFooty Club Board Championship League player and winners tag (
103_1355964184l.jpg

Each home and away season match will see votes handed out to the top three individual teams from the 18 'mini matches' on a 3-2-1 basis. The winning player with the most votes at the end of the season is crowned the BigFooty SuperCoach MVP. the_messy_man won this award in 2013 with 16 votes.

We Are Port Adelaide

I wish everybody good luck across both Divisions. We have a great pool of players to start building towards a finals assault in the Club Championship and this is easily our strongest league we have put forward.
Our first match up will be round 3 and trust everybody has their team fit and ready to go by then.

Below are our players in both leagues

d762.png

DIVISION 1

Chrizzt - 1570 - Power Rangers
madman - 1687 - Maloudas Intruders
SureBuddy14 - 2133 - Ive Got This
chewysnake - 2413 - PowerToThePeople
Seanybruz - 2492 - PAFC United
strath39 - 2626 - Vinegar Strokes
Ant Bear - 4834 - Ant Bears
Chopperdave - 8058 - Team Alpha
Killer Power - 8473 - Killer's Kings
Waspy79 - 9017 - New Delhi Naan
PAFC_316 - 10858 - Dwarf Burners
FallingLiefs - 11321 - Position of Power
rumoursofwinter - 12352 - staygoldponyboy
Gee Dub - 15450 - Wingardium Leviosa
_Christoh_ - 15942 - ArmChairChampions
crazy_big_al - 17565 - Canberra Eagles
dav3 - 21399 - Goontastic
cj_09 - 41653 - Western Power

4hmt.png

DIVISION 2

JuniorBurger - Hammers Hammies
Janus - Deadpool
CamTASPAFC - Cambo's Crushers
Dylan8 - 50 Shades of Gray
Abraham Nuscrack - The Crack of Trust
Smartys Power - Neade Moore Wines
Powerade 08 - The Best 22
DaTBird187 - Cobra Kai FC
Trewth - Wharf Scum
tortoise_24 - The Lemon Tarts
elMM - thebeesharps
MadFan23 - Carhoooooon
ozph1870 - Designated Drunks
Tibbs - Power Crew
RobbieGray17 - Le Tueur
Extortion Threat - [witty team name]
Honeyboy Wilson - Pina Coladas
carn_the_pear - The Pears

The Captain of Division 2 is CamTASPAFC and his VC is Smartys Power. If you have any issues in Div2 please refer them to these guys. They will posting the B&F votes and league updates on Div2 in this thread.

Entry into Div1 for 2015 will be decided by your 2014 SC ranking. The 18 highest ranked teams from Div1 and Div2 will form the league we enter into the 2015 BigFooty Club Championship.

If you have any questions post them in this thread.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

I've seen some of the rankings of other boards leagues and it scary. Collingwood is just plain ridiculous. Their lowest ranked player finished 6750 with 13 players finishing in the top 2k. Essendon with 15 players ranked in the top 3.5k.

Here I was hoping to crack the 10k mark this year. Im on track to from top 50k in 2012 then onto top 15k in 2013.

We are going to need a majority of our league in the top 5k to crack finals me thinks.

Imagine how many people around the country have said the following in the last couple of days.

If I sell him and replace him with him, I can buy that guy... **** yeah, my team looks good.

Yeah, I'm still tinkering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone still has space, join my league -

Well I wasn't overly pleased with my result for round 1. I made a few errors that could have been avoided.

Some great scores amongst some of the teams in our Div 1. No BnF votes are tallied for this week as we aren't in any match up mode or the Bigfooty Championship mode at the moment.

Highlights of my team this round were Polec, Beams and Dunstan (I had him on the bench grrr) and lowlight was Dale Thomas.

Not a bad first week for mine; 2,263.

The bulk of my scoring came from my five proven midfield premiums - some validation came from Daisy and Martin under performing.
My rookies look good; I picked Clay Cameron over Langford (HAW) for some long-run stability but will consider a corrective trade next week. Everyone's in the same boat with ruck and forward rookies which is quite interesting.

My main issue is with the two plays who I didn't pick based on stats; Franklin and Lobbe; may need to reconsider with lots of potential sideways trades.
Apart from that; everything is looking good

how about Shaun bloody Higgins; 23 disposals, 2 goals and 69 points!

what were the scores in div 1 like?

Why can't I reverse changes made earlier in the week an hour before the game starts tonight.

I thought it was a rolling lockout and now i'm stuck with Mitchell with no one on my bench playing.

Usually there's a reverse changes button you can click on and as long as your changes don't effect last nights game, your'e good to go.

But it seems I can't do it now and obviously had to make the changes by last night.

Not happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back