List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From "will be at Hawthorn next year to going to a Melbourne based club" technically Hawthorn is a Melbourne based club, You were adamant in a previous post that he will be at Hawthorn next year....so what has changed.

You remind me of Terry Wallace.......I don't like that. Ha!

Hawthorn is a Melbourne based club isn't it???

Jaksch would be a brilliant get for us and would lock up that key defensive post for the next 6-8 years you would hope. A really talented kid who is a defender first and foremost which is important unlike the Schoey experiment.

Has Langfords form cooled the clubs intention of getting a quick inside mid? I still think we could do with another in and under mid coming into his prime but seeing Langers of late has me alot more comfortable than I was previously.

Is it worth floating the idea of Shoey, Suckling and our first for pick 4 and Jaksch??

I'd do it.......I do think the trade is weighed in our favour though, depends how desperate GWS are for experience.
Effectively you're trading Jaksch for Shoey
and Suckling with pick 19 for pick 4.

Ask yourself is Shoey worth the same or more that Jaksch ?
And is Suckling and pick 19 worth pick 4 ?

I'd do it.......I do think the trade is weighed in our favour though, depends how desperate GWS are for experience.
Effectively you're trading Jaksch for Shoey
and Suckling with pick 19 for pick 4.

Ask yourself is Shoey worth the same or more that Jaksch ?
And is Suckling and pick 19 worth pick 4 ?

After thinking it through I reckon we could go

Shoey, Hallahan and 18 for pick 3
Bag Brayshaw

And then Suckling for the dogs first
And try to bundle 22 and Grimmers/Lowden for Jaksch??

Too much?

After thinking it through I reckon we could go

Shoey, Hallahan and 18 for pick 3
Bag Brayshaw

And then Suckling for the dogs first
And try to bundle 22 and Grimmers/Lowden for Jaksch??

Too much?

C'mon man, too much...... You can't just bundle avg together and expect gold.

Hallahan would struggle to net us a pick in the top 35, Shoey would not demand a first round selection at this point of time....most likely an early to mid second round pick.

So basically what you're saying is trade pick 18, a 2nd round pick (Shoey) and a pick above 35 (Hallahan) for pick 3

Suckling ain't worth a top 10 pick.

Not sure what Jaksch is worth...maybe a pick in the early 20's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hallahan has no tank and speed therefor restricting his ability to perform as a midfielder in the long term. Hallahan will be at another club next year and good luck to the guy, I really rate him. Grimley has had his chance, time to move on. The same with Kelly whilst Garlett is also gone, that's 4 right there.

He deserves a proper crack. Can't be that bad, a very good VFL midfielder surely has some place in a stretched 18-team national comp. I'd rate him as a midfielder better than Savage. So we need to keep him, especially for years to come so we don't have to rely on guys like Ross, who's ceiling would only be Boxer's current ability right now anyway.

From "will be at Hawthorn next year to going to a Melbourne based club" technically Hawthorn is a Melbourne based club, You were adamant in a previous post that he will be at Hawthorn next year....so what has changed.

You remind me of Terry Wallace.......I don't like that. Ha!

Don't feed the trolls if you can help it, only stifles the discussion.

He deserves a proper crack. Can't be that bad, a very good VFL midfielder surely has some place in a stretched 18-team national comp. I'd rate him as a midfielder better than Savage. So we need to keep him, especially for years to come so we don't have to rely on guys like Ross, who's ceiling would only be Boxer's current ability right now anyway.

I think I'd be ok if it was part of a deal that got us Brayshaw.

How often in history has a trade deal been done involving one club trading 2 players out for one pick in? Pretty rare I would have thought, and maybe only in instances where an Elite player was up for grabs.

So those saying "suckling and schoe for pick x" are dreaming. GWS want experience i know, but they aren't going to want to clog up their list with B grade players when they have 30-40 emerging superstars. Especially when other (more desperate clubs) will offer sweeter deals for Jacksh (i.e. pick 6 from carlton)

So those saying "suckling and schoe for pick x" are dreaming. GWS want experience i know, but they aren't going to want to clog up their list with B grade players when they have 30-40 emerging superstars. Especially when other (more desperate clubs) will offer sweeter deals for Jacksh (i.e. pick 6 from carlton)

I'm a tad gob smacked how he's worth pick 6......he was pick 12 a couple of years ago, I don't see how he's improved 6 spots in the draft from his current output at GWS.

How often in history has a trade deal been done involving one club trading 2 players out for one pick in? Pretty rare I would have thought, and maybe only in instances where an Elite player was up for grabs.

No chance will GWS be getting pick 6 for Jaksch, unless it involves other players/picks intertwined!

An early 2nd round pick will get the deal over the line!.....Schoenmakers would be a straight swap given he has almost 80 games experience under his belt, can play both back & forward & has the size/athleticism needed/required by GWS.

Anyone suggesting we swap Suckling needs to have a cat-scan in order to ensure all their faculties are still in order!

I'm a tad gob smacked how he's worth pick 6......he was pick 12 a couple of years ago, I don't see how he's improved 6 spots in the draft from his current output at GWS.
Just an example, i.e. that clubs finishing lower down the latter will be able to offer better picks. And some clubs are pretty desperate also.

What do you mean by this...that you're totally against the trading of Suckling? personally I think he's expendable.

I'll be the first to admit that Suckling is certainly not an accountable defender so far as putting his body in the line of the ball/player.....What a lot of posters miss however is the fact that he is precisely the kind of player we would look to be bringing in for our team....He provides for the loose running defender that gives the pin-point pass necessary for breaking the lines, has excellent running capabilities/aerobic capacities & compliments the rest of our otherwise accountable defensive 6 superbly!....His foot skills alone make him an A grader at the level & should never, ever be underestimated. He is just on the brink of coming into the peak of his abilities as the consummate running half-back playmaker.....To trade him would be utter lunacy!

Suckling has played every single game he's been available for over the last 3 years.

Thats the very definition of a best 22 player. Best 22 players aren't expendable.

Why would we trade him unless we were getting a better best 22 player in return.

Also why would be looking to trade for a high draft pick ?

We will be concentrating on giving ourselves the best chance of winning the 2015 flag. Pick 3 doesnt do that.

This isnt 2001. We are reigning premiers, equal flag favorites and have won something like 55 of our last 65 games.

Just an example, i.e. that clubs finishing lower down the latter will be able to offer better picks. And some clubs are pretty desperate also.

Doesnt work like that.

Uncontracted players almost always pick a team, and then that team pays unders. Teams dont get to bid picks anymore. The player decides where he goes.

Pretty sure someone would have offered more than pick 24 for Gunston, but it didnt matter, the crows had to take what they could get from us.

I'll be the first to admit that Suckling is certainly not an accountable defender so far as putting his body in the line of the ball/player.....What a lot of posters miss however is the fact that he is precisely the kind of player we would look to be bringing in for our team....He provides for the loose running defender that gives the pin-point pass necessary for breaking the lines, has excellent running capabilities/aerobic capacities & compliments the rest of our otherwise accountable defensive 6 superbly!....His foot skills alone make him an A grader at the level & should never, ever be underestimated. He is just on the brink of coming into the peak of his abilities as the consummate running half-back playmaker.....To trade him would be utter lunacy!
Anyone see that flat bullet he kicked into forward 50 in the first half Saturday night? On his RIGHT! Might've been a fluke but perhaps he's trying to become less one dimensional. He's added a genuine running half back part to his game this year. If he can really develop his right foot and add either a contested marking ability or strong tackling technique then he could quite easily catapult himself into AA territory in future years.

He's a really important player for us due to his kicking ability but unless he can add some more skills to his belt there's going to come along another player eventually who may not be quite as good a kick but offers enough more in other areas to overtake him. He should be worried because there are players like that on our list already (Litherland and Duryea).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back