Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No Way Dont GIF by DefyTV

A first? A high first?

As posted on the trading board. Not sure how legit, but actually seems fair and works for all parties.
Definitely grain of salt stuff though.

If our form line trends off our better performances for the rest of the year then maybe our first pick ends up closer to pick 6 or 7.

And Suns and Dogs (who one of their picks in tied to) could easily capitulate. Suns already starting to wobble now the new coach shine has faded, and Dogs could fire Bevo any day.

Definitely grain of salt stuff though.

If our form line trends off our better performances for the rest of the year then maybe our first pick ends up closer to pick 6 or 7.

And Suns and Dogs (who one of their picks in tied to) could easily capitulate. Suns already starting to wobble now the new coach shine has faded, and Dogs could fire Bevo any day.
I agree, definitely.

Also depends on how Leo Lombard plays out this year. At this stage looking like 7-10 range.

Anyway, food for thought. If that's the base of the deal it's something to work with.

Smith and pick 8 or 9 for our first rounder is a no brainer.

If there were elite key position players in the top 5 it'd be crazy, but with mids only I'm doing that deal the second the trade window opens.
Amazing result. Getting Smith plus accessing one of the best talls in the draft, given how midfield heavy the top end is looking .

Smith and pick 8 or 9 for our first rounder is a no brainer.

If there were elite key position players in the top 5 it'd be crazy, but with mids only I'm doing that deal the second the trade window opens.
From pick 6 onwards I’d slide backwards.

Top mids or not if the club has a top 5 pick I’d prefer we take it to the draft.

Need more top line talent in.

From pick 6 onwards I’d slide backwards.

Top mids or not if the club has a top 5 pick I’d prefer we take it to the draft.

Need more top line talent in.
Just over a year ago Baz would've cost two top 10 picks, possibly more.

The ACL obviously introduces risk but he is a proven finals performer and has already got 100 games of development into him.

And there's also risk going to the draft, even in the top 5. Barring injuries derailing his career, you know you're getting an AA level player with Baz – and possibly better if he develops playing in his natural role away from that freak Bevo.

Anyway, no guarantee we end up with Pick 3/4. I'd hope we continue our form vs the Dogs and get enough wins to finish in the 10th-14th range. Might make the assets for luring Baz across a little harder but the flipside is we become more attractive to FAs and other players on the move.

Just over a year ago Baz would've cost two top 10 picks, possibly more.

The ACL obviously introduces risk but he is a proven finals performer and has already got 100 games of development into him.

And there's also risk going to the draft, even in the top 5. Barring injuries derailing his career, you know you're getting an AA level player with Baz – and possibly better if he develops playing in his natural role away from that freak Bevo.

Anyway, no guarantee we end up with Pick 3/4. I'd hope we continue our form vs the Dogs and get enough wins to finish in the 10th-14th range. Might make the assets for luring Baz across a little harder but the flipside is we become more attractive to FAs and other players on the move.
Baz hasn’t been worth that since 2021.

Had the drug issues with 2022, then some indifferent form and now an ACL.

Add to that moving from the dogs high possession game plan to ours would see his numbers drop.

He is good but a worth a pick 10+.

I’d be happy giving up a pick 6 plus if we got something good back. Those top 5 picks aren’t a certainty, but the club needs to really hit on another one. A lot depends on where we end the year.

Gettable

The worst AFL Podcast out there
Kick it to Scoops surpasses it

25 mins of Twomey making lame jokes and saying Essendon has links to every player mentioned (once DoDo is gone, watch him disappear)

And Beveridge fence sitting every question

The player managers hate going on there
I'll never forger Twomey voting Nic Martin over Jai for Rising star. What a joke that was

I agree, definitely.

Also depends on how Leo Lombard plays out this year. At this stage looking like 7-10 range.

Anyway, food for thought. If that's the base of the deal it's something to work with.
The risk to us in dealing with the suns are the tigers. They could easily trade their first 3 picks 2/22/33 to the suns for 8/9/20. Same points value and ideal for both parties. Tigers get an extra top 10 and upgrade 33 to end of first. Suns get a pick ahead of Lombard and matching picks.

The risk to us in dealing with the suns are the tigers. They could easily trade their first 3 picks 2/22/33 to the suns for 8/9/20. Same points value and ideal for both parties. Tigers get an extra top 10 and upgrade 33 to end of first. Suns get a pick ahead of Lombard and matching picks.
I wouldn’t do that deal if I were the tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add to that moving from the dogs high possession game plan to ours would see his numbers drop.

I’d be happy giving up a pick 6 plus if we got something good back. Those top 5 picks aren’t a certainty, but the club needs to really hit on another one. A lot depends on where we end the year.
his form is only indifferent relative to how good he was in the 2021 finals series as a 21-year-old. he averaged 30 touches in 2022 as a mid and still managed ~24 a game in 2023 despite being played out of position. his raw numbers might drop but his impact would likely rise based on the way we move the ball. i think he's a great fit and getting him for a pick around 10 while still retaining another top 10 pick AND our future 1st is really good business.

i just disagree the argument we need more top-liners as though Baz isn't one or is any more/less risky than some 18yo kid in the top five/ten. like the difference in quality between the 5th best kid and 10th best kid in the draft is so big you would sacrifice a proven finals performer just to get them

Happy to concede the ACL does complicate things though, but the club will do its diligence and medicos will know much more than you or i

As posted on the trading board. Not sure how legit, but actually seems fair and works for all parties.

Hawks get: Bailey Smith, Pick 9
Hawks give: Pick 3, 2025 round 2(Haw)
Absolutely no need for us to throw in the F2.
If we do (throw in F2), then we should push for Pick 8 (not 9) & an F3 coming back.

Hat eto break it to you but I'd confidently say over 50% of AFL players don't mind a few nose beers, honestly probably more.

Hat eto break it to you but I'd confidently say over 50% of AFL players don't mind a few nose beers, honestly probably more.

First step to reform is to ban the phrase 'nose beers', which is the cringiest term ever created for anything in the history of the universe.

I'd say booger sugar probably has nose beers covered for that

I dunno, at least that rhymes and visually creates something a little humorous.

I enjoy a beer because it's a liquid and it tastes good. 'Nose beer' doesn't make any sense! I'll die on this hill haha.

Bombers board discussing what it could cost to get Reid ……… even including a google map search of how long it takes to drive from the hanger to Tongala 😂
What it would take is Reid being willing to walk to the psd and be picked up by the spoon team
I can’t see a realistic trade occurring without that threat to force wce to deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back