Official Club Stuff 2014 Leon Davis Medal

2014 Leon Davis Medallist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not deserved at all. Over half the players on the ground were worse than Goodes. He has no place in this thread. Maybe the OP, and those who voted for him, are just racist?

#StandByGoodes
So we are racist ( including me who did vote for him).....

For what it's worth I didn't think he embarrassed enough 13 year old girls nor dove for free kicks enough nor slid into players enough so he gets the Neon Leon.

Harsh on Tippett. Considering the shocking delivery from Sydney's midfield I thought he tried hard.

Buddy managed just fine. Plus his midfielders didn't cause him to let Hill come from nowhere to smother his kick, or Cyril intercept his handball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its that spud Jetta. 20 minutes off doesn't excuse him he was poor.
Where are the experts now who were rating this guy a superstar of the comp not so long ago? Oh dear

Haha, Swans fans melting over Jetta on their board.
These are the same fans who were touting him as one of the best players of the 2009 draft.
I told them at the time they needed their head checked well now here is the proof:$

Buddy managed just fine. Plus his midfielders didn't cause him to let Hill come from nowhere to smother his kick, or Cyril intercept his handball.
Yeah he wasn't great, but the complete absence of Sydney's midfield tackling pressure and missed targets was what killed their chances.

Yeah he wasn't great, but the complete absence of Sydney's midfield tackling pressure and missed targets was what killed their chances.

Indeed, their spread was basically non-existent, but it must be disheartening for players up the ground to see Tippett and Reid spudding up their rare decent forward entries.

Indeed, their spread was basically non-existent, but it must be disheartening for players up the ground to see Tippett and Reid spudding up their rare decent forward entries.
Tippett created a contest. Not his fault there were no crumbers, delivery was very ordinary. Jetta is a spud. Wouldn't get a game at most clubs. He's a seagull with speed.

But if it's the Leon medal shouldn't it really go to a bloke who also got a premiership medallion but did sweet FA?

In that case it would be Cyril by the length of a Jetta sprint.

Voted Tippett anyway as $800,000 for that effort is a bit eyebrow raising...

I've gone with Tippett. I excused Jetta because of the concussion.

I think Goodes is on the list unfairly even though I'm not a fan of his at all. He had a good 5 minute burst and certainly gave more than Tip, Rohan, Richards, Grundy, Shaw, Jetta, Bird and Reid.

I voted for Jetta.
Yeah, concussion, nah.
Spudded it up well before that.
I had actually thought "I'm voting for Jetta for the Leon Davis medal" about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter.
He should have been subbed at half time. Bad coaching there, because that could have ended the debate forever. And truly, this Grand Final was all about the Leon Davis medal.

Back