Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the vein of all the pre-season reporting coming out of the clubs...

Top 5 in the 3km time trial at GWS:

Tom Scully
Adam Tomlinson
Josh Kelly
Tom Bugg
Jake Barrett

Raiders in bold :)

What pre-season "reporting" have all of you seen on your players to get you convinced that you're a shot this year?

Cheers IM.

I understand the feeling mate. Appreciate the honesty.

Jordie_tackles what are you going to call your team?

Thinking of reinventing my original fantasy team.

Geelong West Sparrows, ironically i drafted Gary Ablett pick 1 and now he may be the first out the door at this new club :eek:

Still not sure whether to rip apart my defence by trading them all away, as they are fairly old, or to keep them. IMHO defence is the easiest to build for with later picks in the draft, which means you can rebuild a defence more quickly than other positions.

In the vein of all the pre-season reporting coming out of the clubs...

Top 5 in the 3km time trial at GWS:

Tom Scully
Adam Tomlinson
Josh Kelly
Tom Bugg
Jake Barrett

Raiders in bold :)

What pre-season "reporting" have all of you seen on your players to get you convinced that you're a shot this year?

Umm, okay - headlines for the Warriors!
  • Carlisle is on a modified program with knee tendinitis, still yet to join the main training group.
  • Redden looking unlikely to play any football in 2015, might be ready to play late in the SANFL...
  • Yeo is having some complications with his broken hand (but got two front teeth for Christmas, so if happy about that).
  • Turns out Jimmy Webster is the smart brother after-all - or more accurately, not as dumb as Hawthorn's Zac.
  • Boom forward recruit Sam Mayes has come out of the closet - turns out is now identifies as a defender, throwing the Warriors team planning into disarray.

Umm, okay - headlines for the Warriors!
  • Carlisle is on a modified program with knee tendinitis, still yet to join the main training group.
  • Redden looking unlikely to play any football in 2015, might be ready to play late in the SANFL...
  • Yeo is having some complications with his broken hand (but got two front teeth for Christmas, so if happy about that).
  • Turns out Jimmy Webster is the smart brother after-all - or more accurately, not as dumb as Hawthorn's Zac.
  • Boom forward recruit Sam Mayes has come out of the closet - turns out is now identifies as a defender, throwing the Warriors team planning into disarray.
Love it!!! Seeing you dont need sam mayes you can give him to me?

Still not sure whether to rip apart my defence by trading them all away, as they are fairly old, or to keep them. IMHO defence is the easiest to build for with later picks in the draft, which means you can rebuild a defence more quickly than other positions.
I couldn't disagree more - unless you are happy having a back line full of dour defenders who don't score very highly in UF category-based leagues (hence why they are still available late in the draft).

I couldn't disagree more - unless you are happy having a back line full of dour defenders who don't score very highly in UF category-based leagues (hence why they are still available late in the draft).
I'm talking about 18yo selections, not already-listed players. Tom Langdon and the like.

Love it!!! Seeing you dont need sam mayes you can give him to me?

If he is a Back in UF, it has worked out well - there is no chance Rockford would have traded him for Pick 9 and another mid/late pick if he was a good chance to be a back! It is always nice to come out on top of a trade against Rockford, it is a hard thing to do :p.

I am expecting Carlise and McGovern to both be B/F, so one of them (or both) might be needed up forward. It shouldn't affect my best 22 negatively - just challenge my Autistic tendencies!

If he is a Back in UF, it has worked out well - there is no chance Rockford would have traded him for Pick 9 and another mid/late pick if he was a good chance to be a back! It is always nice to come out on top of a trade against Rockford, it is a hard thing to do :p.

He'll be a back, terrible trade on my part. And you tend to come out of trades against me pretty well. Picked up Gold Coast's Lynch for pick 16 last season. In terms of coming out on top in trades I'd say you've got the track record against me.

I'm talking about 18yo selections, not already-listed players. Tom Langdon and the like.
MrPez did well with Langdon, picked him up last year at Pick 67, and traded him to me this year (along with one of his Free Agent picks, Marty Gleeson) for Pick 6 and Pick 15, I guess which supports my argument - and yours at the same time!

I think we all will all be looking more carefully for those types this year - We were all jealous of mrpez after the last draft!

Dan Howe was touted the 'Langdon' of 2014 draft, and was snapped up in the second round this year by the Hawks, while Langdon was the fourth last live selection in the previous draft. I will only have one pick I reckon (Pick 50), so I will be taking a lot of interest in what other coaches are doing - I look forward to seeing who you pick up :)

He'll be a back, terrible trade on my part. And you tend to come out of trades against me pretty well. Picked up Gold Coast's Lynch for pick 16 last season. In terms of coming out on top in trades I'd say you've got the track record against me.
Pick 16 and Pick 33 it was for Lynch ;)

You did pretty well with the pick you got for Sam Mayes though - on-trading it as part of a trade for Dylan Shiel!

You will always be in front in my mind for a few of our earlier trades!

Two shockers on my part were:

Dan Hannebery, Luke Shuey, Tom Bugg
for
Dyson Heppell, Leigh Adams, Sam Wright

That wasn't too bad compared to this one - my most shameful act as coach of the Warriors.

Chad Wingard, Shaun Atley, Scott Lycett
for
Ryan Bastinac, Dan Gorringe and Pick 21 (Pick 21 became Nathan Hrovat)

Since then, I have done okay :)

Pick 16 and Pick 33 (Pick 16 was Rockford's most shameful moment - Dayle Garlett)
for
Tom Lynch (GC)

and my personal favourite,

Sam Reid
for
Dom Tyson :)

We have also had some win/wins

Dom Prestia
for
Cam Guthrie, Hayden Crozier, Nathan Wright (Wright is now gone, but hopefully this is the year that this trade will balance out.)

Tom Liberatore, Tom Nicholls, George Horlin-Smith
for
Lachie Whitfield, Tom Hickey, Jimmy Webster (I already had Billy Longer, giving me the Saints ruck combo)

Have I missed any Rockford ?

Two shockers on my part were:

Dan Hannebery, Luke Shuey, Tom Bugg
for
Dyson Heppell, Leigh Adams, Sam Wright

Wouldn't call it a "shocker" exactly. And Wright (based on his form in Finals) might be looking at a break-out, which would balance it up nicely.

tenderwarrior said:
That wasn't too bad compared to this one - my most shameful act as coach of the Warriors.

Chad Wingard, Shaun Atley, Scott Lycett
for
Ryan Bastinac, Dan Gorringe and Pick 21 (Pick 21 became Nathan Hrovat)

To be fair on this one.. Wingard had averaged 12 touches and a goal every second game. I'd caught an abnormaly high number of Port games that season though and saw something I liked. Lycett had played two games for an average of 6 touches and 3 hit outs. He'd shown a fair bit for Peel though for such a young ruck.

tenderwarrior said:
Since then, I have done okay :)

Pick 16 and Pick 33 (Pick 16 was Rockford's most shameful moment - Dayle Garlett)
for
Tom Lynch (GC)

Terrible trade on my part. Especially considering pick 16 I traded in with the express intention of gambling on Garlett. Worse when you consider Crouch and Lewy Taylor were still on the board.

tenderwarrior said:
and my personal favourite,

Sam Reid
for
Dom Tyson :)

I'd forgotten about this one. Repressed memory no doubt. I do remember though you did a pretty damn good job selling how good Reid was going to be to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate looking back and seeing the trades i have made.... Although i have probably made the srcond most trades(rockford is well ahead), this was by far the biggest. I still dont know who got the better end of this deal but cameron has got the potential to be a dominant force of the league

Shiels, Cameron, Pick 5, Pick 7 pick 47

Coniglio, Duncan, Wellingham, Pick 6, Pick 13?

Wouldn't call it a "shocker" exactly. And Wright (based on his form in Finals) might be looking at a break-out, which would balance it up nicely.
I got one good year out of Wright but traded him last year after a poor season for a Pick I think I used on Garland? I also traded Garland to Angels this year, this time in a deal for Jake Lloyd, who I am bullish about :) Adams was a good player for me too, but injuries had taken their toll. I traded him last year too in a mega trade that in effect replaced him with Tim Broomhead, another promising young player, so as it stands it is Heppell, Lloyd, Broomhead - which better suits my timeframe for world domination :)

To be fair on this one.. Wingard had averaged 12 touches and a goal every second game. I'd caught an abnormaly high number of Port games that season though and saw something I liked. Lycett had played two games for an average of 6 touches and 3 hit outs. He'd shown a fair bit for Peel though for such a young ruck.
No, I lost my way. Wingard was a top three pick and I traded him for Pick 21 after one season!

Terrible trade on my part. Especially considering pick 16 I traded in with the express intention of gambling on Garlett. Worse when you consider Crouch and Lewy Taylor were still on the board.
The funny thing about this trade is I wanted to think about it a bit more but you posted it up before I could stop you!

I'd forgotten about this one. Repressed memory no doubt. I do remember though you did a pretty damn good job selling how good Reid was going to be to me.
I traded Reid back this year, so I still have a bit of hope for him. I think he will just be depth though, I am not expecting much unfortunately - I just hope he gets B/F status, kicks a couple of goals and continues to win a few hitouts!

Not much relevance here as we can't change rules, but for new leagues....

Happy New Year coaches! With less than 4 weeks to go until Ultimate Footy returns we're excited to announce a new upgrade package that will allow leagues to access premium stats for their leagues scoring.

The new stat categories available are:
- Rebound 50s
- Spoils
- Effective Disposals
- Ineffective Disposals
- Disposal efficiency % (category leagues)
- Contested Possessions
- Clearances

We're particularly excited to how leagues distribute points for Spoils - will Zac Dawson finally become draftable?

Stay tuned for player positions and other exciting announcements coming in the new few weeks...

Not much relevance here as we can't change rules, but for new leagues....

Happy New Year coaches! With less than 4 weeks to go until Ultimate Footy returns we're excited to announce a new upgrade package that will allow leagues to access premium stats for their leagues scoring.

The new stat categories available are:
- Rebound 50s
- Spoils
- Effective Disposals
- Ineffective Disposals
- Disposal efficiency % (category leagues)
- Contested Possessions
- Clearances

We're particularly excited to how leagues distribute points for Spoils - will Zac Dawson finally become draftable?

Stay tuned for player positions and other exciting announcements coming in the new few weeks...
Now that is getting tactical. I would have to invest weeks of research if I went into a new draft with those categories.

I hate looking back and seeing the trades i have made.... Although i have probably made the srcond most trades (rockford is well ahead)

We did three trades during the first season, for a total sum of 24 players changing hands!

Warriors receives: Matthew Lobbe, Josh Kennedy (WCE), Travis Boak, Luke Shuey, Devon Smith, Shaun Atley, Shane Savage, Elliot Yeo, Jordan Murdoch, Thomas Bugg, Andrew Moore, Jesse Stringer,

Drew receives: Travis Cloke, Jarrad Waite, Nathan Bock, Tim Mohr, Matt Priddis, Kade Simpson, Dom Cassisi, Danyle Pearce, Clinton Young, Sam Butler, Scott McMahon, Jordie McKenzie

Both of us have 5 players each remaining, though Drew did trade back Atley (via Rockford)

Reading through the early days of the league, it is amazing that we are still together - the saga with the veto system, Richcogs threatening to quit, Rockford quitting and silently returning, Unknown Caller offering LWP to opportunity to leave the league, it was explosive stuff! Wow Wee!

If I was running a league and was going to incorporate one of these, it would be disposal efficiency (combine the two free categories into free differential). But I'm not sure it would be such a simple category to predict. Would someone like Priddis, a known butcherer of the ball, have a higher % cause he handballs most of the time?

Reading through the early days of the league, it is amazing that we are still together - the saga with the veto system, Richcogs threatening to quit, Rockford quitting and silently returning, Unknown Caller offering LWP to opportunity to leave the league, it was explosive stuff! Wow Wee!
Some of those comments made around the vetoed Chapman / Gunston trade make very interesting reading ;)

I would like to see the free differential used regardless and play with 8 categories. It should mean more drawn games, which will have a domino effect of making coaches more strategic about what categories they target for a win :)

If I was running a league and was going to incorporate one of these, it would be disposal efficiency (combine the two free categories into free differential). But I'm not sure it would be such a simple category to predict. Would someone like Priddis, a known butcherer of the ball, have a higher % cause he handballs most of the time?

Like the idea of combining the free kicks into 1 stat. I would vote for SPOILS as the replacement though.

I feel like it would deepen the pool of players more than any of the others.

We are stronger for it.

Everyone got their s**t on the table, vented what needed to be vented... That we all held strong is what makes this league so good.

Sure, a few coaches have left but none out of spite or with ill feeling.

I drafted strong to start, traded like a madman to "prove a point" and then scuttled the ship to begin a slow climb to (hopefully) a flag.

Its been a crazy few years but I wouldnt change a thing*

:)

*Except for just about every trade i made in the first 2 years. :p

If I could have some of my trades back!

B: Rance Carlisle McGovern Langdon Atley Mayes
C: Boak Prestia Hannebery Shuey Tyson
R: Lobbe Bellchambers
F: Kennedy Lynch (GCS) Gray Wingard Smith Lloyd
U: Swallow Cunnington Gaff

Bench:
Backs - Savage, Mullett, O'Shea, Yeo, Geary, Bugg, Johannisen, Gleeson, Williams, Jaksch
Centres - O'Rourke, Young, Pick 50 :)
Rucks - Lycett, Nicholls, Vardy, Phillips
Forwards - Murdoch, Reid, Kennedy, Garner, Johnson, Shaw

changes
Backs: Atley for Savage - not much of a difference really, still have plenty of depth, but delisting Geary was an error
Centres: Boak, Prestia, Hannebery, Shuey for Heppell, Whitfield, Guthrie? I would be (am!) one short, I dudded myself there..
Rucks: Depth has changed, having Hickey and Longer spare helps!
Forwards: Kennedy, Gray, Wingard I have 'upgraded' to T.Lynch (Adel), Hrovat and Murdoch (but have Crozier and Broomhead in reserve)

May this be a good lesson to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back