List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, and I get why Melbourne are reticent to delist players who could potentially have value at the trade table (Blease, Tapscott, etc), but when it comes to the likes of Strauss, Evans, McKenzie, Bail or Terlich, I see no incentive to wait, since I don't think anyone would be willing to part with even a late pick for one of those guys.
I'm pretty sure Bail and Terlich were given new contracts this year, so they'll be staying around. McKenzie, Strauss and Evans will likely be gone soon though.

Are you guys waiting until the trade period finishes to decide on further cuts to your list, or is Paul Roos taking a more conservative approach to delistings than external observers expected? I was sure there was going to be a mass clear-out at Melbourne over the off season, but so far the only departures have been Clisby, Nicholson and Byrnes.

Don't forget we've also made space with Clark, Frawley and Blease all confirmed departures.

There will certainly be a few more - but yes it seems we are waiting to get through trade week before they are announced.

Tapscott is the only one left that I think may attract a late trade, but will be delisted if he doesn't.

Evans, McKenzie, Terlich & Bail are contracted for next season. Matt Jones & Spencer are signed for another 2 seasons. Not a fan of any of them.

Absolutely, and I get why Melbourne are reticent to delist players who could potentially have value at the trade table (Blease, Tapscott, etc), but when it comes to the likes of Strauss, Evans, McKenzie, Bail or Terlich, I see no incentive to wait, since I don't think anyone would be willing to part with even a late pick for one of those guys.

Evans, McKenzie, Terlich & Bail are contracted for next season. Matt Jones & Spencer are signed for another 2 seasons. Not a fan of any of them.

100% agree with this post! I held out hope for Jordie and his tagging abilities, but none of these players are AFL standard. Was silly offering Spencer another contract. Would much rather we offer someone like Gorringe or Giles who are now available a contract ahead of Spencer. Terlich is another mind boggling decision. Especially now we look like getting Lumumba.

Wow. Okay, wasn't aware of this. I'm staggered Melbourne offered some of those guys new contracts. Particularly multiple year contracts, if what you're saying is true.

Wow. Okay, wasn't aware of this. I'm staggered Melbourne offered some of those guys new contracts. Particularly multiple year contracts, if what you're saying is true.
Terlich, Bail, Jones and Spencer have all been relatively good this year. They're okay as depth, and we replacing them with pick80/another teams dud isn't really going to have us any better off. Evans and McKenzie will probably get axed though; Clisby and Nicholson were both contracted for next year I think but both were cut.

Read it and weep :)

Michael Evans - http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-06-06/evans-signs-new-deal-with-dees
Jordie McKenzie - http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8495683
Rohan Bail & Dean Terlich - http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-08-26/bail-riley-and-terlich-locked-in
Jake Spencer - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-06/two-more-years-for-spencer
Matt Jones - http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-01-09/jones-kent-sign-new-deals

Clicby & Nicholson contracts had expired

Terlich, Bail, Jones and Spencer have all been relatively good this year. They're okay as depth, and we replacing them with pick80/another teams dud isn't really going to have us any better off. Evans and McKenzie will probably get axed though; Clisby and Nicholson were both contracted for next year I think but both were cut.

Riley, Terlich and Bail extensions - does anyone know how long these guys were signed on for? It doesn't say in the MFC article.

Frawley officially leaving via UFA means 4 senior spots currently open.

Jetta not officially promoted until National Draft.

Waiting for official confirmation on Clark i.e. trade and Blease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley officially leaving via UFA means 4 senior spots currently open.

Jetta not officially promoted until LL1.

Waiting for official confirmation on Clark i.e. trade and Blease.

Doesn't he have to be promoted in the draft?

So, right now...

Key Backs: Dunn, McDonald, Garland, Georgiou [Frost]
Small Backs: Jetta
Rebounding Backs: Grimes, Terlich, [Lumumba]
Inside Mids: N Jones, Cross, Viney, Riley, McKenzie, [Brayshaw]
Inside/Out Mids: Tyson, Trengove, M Jones, Salem, Michie
Outside Mids: Toumpas, Stretch
Forward/Mids: Bail, Kent, JKH, [Garlett]
Key Forwards: Hogan, Dawes, Fitzpatrick
Medium Forwards: Howe
Rucks: Jamar, Gawn, Spencer, King
Utilities: Watts, Pedersen
Development: Barry, Hunt, Harmes

That's 39 players. 36 senior list, 3 rookies. Means minimum of two to add to senior list on top of the above with up to five. Plus minimum of one, maximum of 3 rookies (depending on how many senior listed).

If we take on frost and lumumba I'd be surprised if we kept georgiou
However if there is no better key defenders to be found we may as well keep him

Harmes and king , if we find better draft sliders or GWS delistees then get rid of them

If not keep them
I'm not really fussed

Rookies

Jetta - will get promoted
Georgiou
Harmes
King

Thoughts on the other 3? Delisting/Re-rookie/Promotion
Georgiou keep. King too - project big. Harmes no idea

Why would anyone want more Evans?

Contracted for next year... only reason I'd pop him on the rookie list. I'd hate to see a young kid on the rookie list tear it up at Casey and not be able to play and we can't promote him because Evans is running around like a **** saying "look at me do football"

Contracted for next year... only reason I'd pop him on the rookie list. I'd hate to see a young kid on the rookie list tear it up at Casey and not be able to play and we can't promote him because Evans is running around like a **** saying "look at me do football"
I see.

Doubt we can delist Evans and chuck him on the rookie list. Wouldn't a listed players contract be different to a rookie contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back