Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

How pissweak was that statement?
"He's done a hammy, but Goody reserves the right to panic and rush him back after a week without appearing negligent"

Agree with this, I think its an obvious free but not reportable by any means.
Yeah I'm not sure what he could have done better to stop McDonald being (kinda) slung towards the ground

McDonald ducked into the tackle and tbf probably caused a lot of the impact with that motion

Bit of tail wagging the dog here. Where is the leadership Simon ? Playing favourites again? listening to Dr. Oliver's own assessment that he's fine?

Much like rushing Salem back last week. What was the point?

Very much feels like the calm (panic actually) before the storm. Can easily see us going into self destruct mode.

Hunter appeal thread...

Thanks Lord Nev. Happy for you to just provide the updates on this one as I've been reviewing legal docs all day and if I see one more piece of jargon I'm going to launch myself out of a cannon

Thanks Lord Nev. Happy for you to just provide the updates on this one as I've been reviewing legal docs all day and if I see one more piece of jargon I'm going to launch myself out of a cannon

From the sounds of it so far, Hunter might not be doing himself any favours... See how it plays out.

Will chuck up any worthwhile ones that pop up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it reasonable to start using the basketball blocking/charging interpretation for incidences like these?

When there is a head high contact in a 50/50 contest, whoever is moving is in the wrong.

If both players are moving with eyes only for the football, then it's bad luck, move on that's footy.

Yes Hunter had eyes for Rozee, but he had propped bracing for impact, and Rozee dived into him.

What the tribunal have done is given people a licence to dive head first into opponents. If the opponent doesn't move, they run the risk of suspension.

I'll call the club and let them know I'm available.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going to be interesting if the AFL keep this up in September. Someone will miss a GF for a run of the mill footy act.
The AFL are pussies. If that happened in a PF, then Hunter plays the following week. Or if he was potentially leading the Brownlow atm, Hunter would get off. They give these suspensions when it's convenient. Granted, Nick Daicos shouldn't have gotten suspended for his act, but he literally punched a guy in the guts and gets a fine. Ok. So Hunter has no other option but brace for impact because Rozee goes in head first, and Hunter gets a week. So one is trying to avoid contact, while the other is punching an opponent. What is the AFL hoping to achieve? The game will be totally devoid of any contact in a decade i reckon.

so is there any inside mail on how long oliver expected to be out for? apart from the official vague club statement of "short term"?

so is there any inside mail on how long oliver expected to be out for? apart from the official vague club statement of "short term"?
There were earlier rumours of 4 weeks, but no one really knows at this stage. I'm being pessimistic and expecting a month off for him. Anything less is a bonus

There were earlier rumours of 4 weeks, but no one really knows at this stage. I'm being pessimistic and expecting a month off for him. Anything less is a bonus
It must be a bad hamstring if it is going to be 4 weeks.A normal tear is 3 weeks.

Someone correct me if im wrong and there is more to it but I get the feeling those rumours were started by Jon Ralph who got wind that there is some hamstring damage then added 1 + 1 and figured a standard hammy tear is 3 weeks plus then dees have the bye so worded his tweet very carefully by saying "maybe possibly potentially could be out for UP TO 4 weeks" which passes as journalism...

He played out a full quarter after the injury and was running at training 2 days ago so I get the impression its hopefully a 1-2 weeker like the one cripps had last year after gold coast match..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back