Preview 2014 Most Improved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, don't think he even got close either.

Presti was a FB, you can also get away with less run at FB than CHB.

Without looking, I take your word for it but from memory, I think he was good enough and could have snagged one if not for a few players who has better years.

IMO, he was good enough. Just not lucky enough.

Mackenzie would challenge.
Ben Reid if he plays back?
Harry Taylor if he plays back?
Bombers fans would argue blue in the face Hurley is... if he plays back ;)
Lachie Henderson - if he plays back.

Okay, so maybe just Mackenzie ;)

Just so that we are all on the same page.

2013 AFL ALL-AUSTRALIAN TEAM
B:
Corey Enright, Scott Thompson, Michael Johnson
HB:
Jarryd McVeigh, Harry Taylor, Sam Mitchell
C:
Ryan Griffen, Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury
HF:
Patrick Dangerfield, Travis Cloke, Kieren Jack
F:
Jarryd Roughead, Jeremy Cameron, Chad Wingard
FOLL:
Will Minson, Dane Swan, Gary Ablett
INTERCHANGE:
Travis Boak, Dan Hannebery, Andrew Mackie, Jobe Watson

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ralian-team-20130916-2tv3x.html#ixzz2vTHcgonb

Mackenzie would challenge.
Ben Reid if he plays back?
Harry Taylor if he plays back?
Bombers fans would argue blue in the face Hurley is... if he plays back ;)
Lachie Henderson - if he plays back.

Okay, so maybe just Mackenzie ;)

A fit healthy Ted Richards would challege. If you class Birchall as a CHB then he would be up there. Scott Thompson could become the goods as well.

But right now I think Talia would be in top 5 in the AFL for KPD.

I liked you better when you were banned.

Mod Comment: This is not really on folks, at best its just a childish personal attack. If we don't like someones posting style, attacking them is only going to make it worse and won't assist with the rehabilitation now will it?

Fair enough. Will take my slap on the wrist.

Apologies Grotto - here's to another 5,000 posts in 6 months!

A fit healthy Ted Richards would challege. If you class Birchall as a CHB then he would be up there. Scott Thompson could become the goods as well.

But right now I think Talia would be in top 5 in the AFL for KPD.
As a defender I'd almost say he's the best. It's just the offensive aspects of his game he needs to improve to get an AA spot I think.
I'd judge him as being positioned to have a better career than Glass.

Fair enough. Will take my slap on the wrist.

Apologies Grotto - here's to another 5,000 posts in 6 months!

No need to apologize, I just hope you learnt a lesson.

Mod Comment: People getting uppitty after some moderation in their favour irks me no end... just don't do it folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last couple of these prediction threads, I've nominated Brodie Martin, only to see his year disappear down the gurgler as injury derailed yet another season, or he remained ignored while players he could have replaced stunk it up week after week. Fortunately, this is the last time I can get it wrong because, this year, he will either be close to our most improved or he will be gone.

When did Cory Enright start playing CHB?

That other bloke from Geelong might have him covered ;)

He definitely does when he plays there. :thumbsu:

Yes, Taylor is a very classy CHB but he did spend a fair bit of time up forward during games last year, as well as on the last line of defence at times, and that's when Enright played CHB. :p

Now, back to the question, Colonel??

He definitely does when he plays there. :thumbsu:

Yes, Taylor is a very classy CHB but he did spend a fair bit of time up forward during games last year, as well as on the last line of defence at times, and that's when Enright played CHB. :p

Now, back to the question, Colonel??
Wasn't Taylor the AA CHB ;)

With Lonergan & Rivers, Enright usually plays as a back flanker - an AA quality one at that.

We really need about 8 blokes to step up if we are going to challenge.

We've got a solid set of our top 8-10, but the 2nd half of the list could use a kick up the butt.

Smack, Mackay, Grigg, Smithers, Martin, Jenkins all looking at them.
Agree - except Smith is already performing consistently... Though watch him take his game to the next level[/quote]

Not sure why we are discussing players like Enright and Birchall as CHBs? Sorry I don't mean that in an attacking way but they are most certainly rebounding defenders or back flankers who are also very good defensively, unlike Matthew Jaensch....

The best CHB in the league for me, and by quite some way is Harry Taylor.

Does Talia need to add more run to be classified as a CHB for AA, or for anything for that matter? I don't think so personally. When AA selections come round you (should) pick the 2 best defenders of the year. There's still another 4 spots up for grabs for this so called "run and rebound"

Most improved for me? Would love to say grigg, but his pre season has me worried so far.

Dare I say Smack? Martin or Mackay even? Those 3 are in my good books so far this pre-season, it's a difficult one to call to be honest given what the summer has brought upon us.

A lot of you's underrated Jaenschy
What? Underrated him? He was f....g useless for years.

I saw him live against the Suns last year and watched him - he was utterly useless.

Nothing to do with being underrated - he was written off with good reason.

Credit to him for turning it around

What? Underrated him? He was f....g useless for years.

I saw him live against the Suns last year and watched him - he was utterly useless.

Nothing to do with being underrated - he was written off with good reason.

Credit to him for turning it around
He was playing his best football before that under Neil Craig. Maybe he just lost his confidence but yer good on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back