2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fighting ride by Miller. Looked in trouble at the start of the last lap and managed to extend his points lead in the end. I hope Marquez ride isn't the start of things to come... Niklas Ajo with the save of the year!

Ant West has had a quite brilliant start to the Moto2 race. Disappointed for Folger though.

He probably had the save of the race - he saved a life.That could've ended very badly if he didn't take the bike into the gravel trap.

That could've been horrific. Been a Folger fan for a few years and am happy to see him able to show he's got similar talent to the likes of Vinales and Salom, just needs a few small things to turn and go his way and he's a definite race win threat.

Yep Folgers great reflexes might have just Saved Saloms life. Hate seeing those situations! I have never seen such a dominant ride in Moto3 than what Alex Marquez produced. Very rare you ever see a Moto3 bike pull a gap. Bastianini had a huge ride to take 2nd at just 16 years old. Disappointing race for Jack but he pulled something special out in that last lap to go from 8th to 4th and more importantly pass Fenati and increase his series lead. Also i heard that Nikki Ajo's save dislocated his elbow and he finished the race like that! ouch! As for MotoGP what an absolute beaut of a race. Loved every minute. Would have been awesome if Jorge could have joined in but can't complain too much about a race like that!

What the hell is going on with Lorenzo???

Are there any good Dutch riders around? We need to break up the 5pan1sh dominance.

The only decent Dutch rider i know of Is Michael Van Der Mark in the World Supersport class. picked up 3 or so victories this year and is leading the championship and is only 21. Besides that not many others going around that i know of. Scott Deroue in Moto3 up from the rookies cup last year but hasn't had any good results this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parksey! What a great ride!

Well we know Wests previous win was 11 years ago.Apart from Stoner has any other Aussie won in that time in a class [before Miller this year] ?

Sissis won some Red Bull Rookie races is as close as I can come up with. 11 years would have to be up there in the records for longest time between drinks I'd have thought.

Geez what a turn up. I though I was hearing a mistake when I heard that West won. That would have to be the longest drought broken in motorbike gp. I suppose he did win a couple of supersport races in between.

Anyway, the 1995 Malaysian GP is the last time there had been more than one Aussie winner in motorbike gp racing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Malaysian_motorcycle_Grand_Prix

Another absorbing race.

Think the kid might just be better than Casey. Certainly rides on the edge like he did.

14xkk6b.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back