2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect way for Miller to enter the summer break. Binder and Masbou finishing on the podium did him massive favours by kicking Marquez back to 4th. Can't help but feel Binder could have maybe won that one but didn't want to do anything stupid and possible knock Jack off although Jack did ride a fantastic race and didn't give Binder much of a look in. Awesome debut win for Aegerter and a ballsy pass at the bottom of the waterfall to win. Don't think there is anything suss about the streak. Best rider on the best bike and will push it where others won't especially in those mixed conditions. Guys a freak. I'm sure Dorna would love him to lose a couple to Jorge and Valentino to keep the casual fans interested!

Something suss about this streak from Marquez.

I'd like to agree with you if I could think of any realistic reasoning but I can't. Could've been beaten at a few races this year but was a NTTAWWTteenth too good and races like the weekend are impossible to rig, he's just a freak on the best bike. Need to test him out on a Ducati!

Hard to see Alex Marquez catching up to Jack

In the championship? Bugger all between 'em, Jack needs no more crashes or Marquez will take it all.

The factory Honda, Yamaha and Ducati teams will all remain the same next year and reports are saying that Aleix Espargaro has signed for Suzuki (possibly to be paired with his brother Pol) and Alvaro Bautista for Aprilia who are re-entering into MotoGP.

The factory Honda, Yamaha and Ducati teams will all remain the same next year and reports are saying that Aleix Espargaro has signed for Suzuki (possibly to be paired with his brother Pol) and Alvaro Bautista for Aprilia who are re-entering into MotoGP.
Yeah i heard Aleix signed for Suzuki but that it is Maverick Vinales who is signed up for the second seat at Suzuki and that Pol will stay put at Tech 3 now that Jorge looks to be staying with them but who knows!

Yeah i heard Aleix signed for Suzuki but that it is Maverick Vinales who is signed up for the second seat at Suzuki and that Pol will stay put at Tech 3 now that Jorge looks to be staying with them but who knows!

Must've been a long day at work Friday, Vinales is what I read too. :confused: Also, Iannone will have a full factory Ducati but in his current team as factories aren't allowed to larger than a two bike team. Talk seems to be Lorenzo will sign a 2 year deal with a get out clause for the second.

Stefan Bradl has signed for Forward Racing for next season with strong rumours circulating that Cal Crutchlow will fill the vacant LCR Honda seat. The weird part of this talk is that Cal just signed on again with Ducati. o_O
Also, Red Bull will have a presence on the Repsol bikes starting next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yamaha would be happy

Yeah, dunno that it was ever in doubt though. Hopefully they can both pick up their act soon and give Marquez some competition.

It also looks like Bradley Smith may get a reprieve. He's been quick enough but crashes too much and as much as I'm sure Herve Poncheral would like to replace him, he says that all the good young talent is already taken. Maverick Vinales is off to Suzuki, Rins and Alex Marquez off to Moto2 and Folger to remain there and interestingly he said Miller is in the hands of HRC. The likelihood seems to be of Honda producing another production RCV1000R for the LCR team, I guess with a similar contract to Redding where he takes the full prototype bike in his second year. Jack has been getting some glowing praise lately: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Hayden+and+Crutchlow+comment+on+Miller+talent

Marquez unsurprisingly fastest on Friday ahead of a very impressive Iannone - obviously inspired by his elevation to factory rider next year! Also super impressive is Yonny Hernandez in 7th place on his production Ducati.
The floodgates may have opened for Dominique Aegerter after his first race win last round, finishing fastest on Friday. Westy showed excellent form in 5th.
Reckon the Moto3 title is now a race in 2 between Marquez and Miller who finished 2nd and 3rd on Friday behind Isaac Vinales. Fenati and Rins are 11th and 12th.

Yeah, be interesting to know how that unfolded and what the terms of separation are. Very odd situation.
Was reading that LCR approached Aleix Espargaro during the summer break and Aleix knocked them back in order to pursue a ride with the new factory Suzuki squad. Pretty decent package to knock back for an unproven Suzuki package! Cal was the next best option for them i suppose. Still talk Jack could join Cal at LCR on a RCV1000 proddy.

Also, Edwards is heading towards semi-retirement with this weekends Indy race being his third last. He'll also race Silverstone and Valencia on a third bike with the Forward team whilst Alex DeAngelis the rest of the year. For some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back