2nds 2014 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Calling all ressies watchers!

The Swans reserves are playing a practice match against the UWS Giants this Saturday as the curtain raiser to the seniors game against GWS at Spotless Stadium, start time 12:45pm.

To stay up to date on all the latest reserves information, remember to 'like' https://www.facebook.com/swansreserves and follow https://twitter.com/swansreserves

Calling all ressies watchers!

The Swans reserves are playing a practice match against the UWS Giants this Saturday as the curtain raiser to the seniors game against GWS at Spotless Stadium, start time 12:45pm.

To stay up to date on all the latest reserves information, remember to 'like' https://www.facebook.com/swansreserves and follow https://twitter.com/swansreserves
He mate the swans site says this game is at the Sydney showgrounds , this is at SPO where the seniors are playing correct ? dumb question

Trying to work out who's available for this match

1. Membrey? - haven't seem him since week 1 of NAB
  2. O'Keefe? - will he play at all? - emergency, might only play 1 half or 3 quarters
  3. Jones - short game time in Brisbane
  4. Nankervis
  5. Lockyer
  6. Derickx? - emergency, might only play 1 half or 3 quarters
  7. Towers? - emergency, might only play 1 half or 3 quarters
  8. Robinson
  9. Dick
  10. Hewett? - not on injury list any more
  11. Marsh
  12. B.Jack
  13. Johnson? - not on injury list any more. If he plays, might be on a restricted time schedule.
  14. Naismith
  15. Aliir
  16. Perris
  17. X.Richards
  18. Lloyd
  19. P.Mitchell? - Where is he at?
  20. Biggs - not on injury list any more, but hasn't had any pre-season

What's the word on Biggs?

And Bedford how is he rated internally?

Personally I liked what I saw last year given the poor bugger was tossed directly against the best in league in finals which a far call from making a round 9 debut against the Scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My View from yesterday
Jones - first outing against men wasn't to bad , good run and carry at times , will start his career as a HBF I think
Hewett - he did some good things , I think he has huge upside
Marsh - Still a little away from JPK , might of got his tyres pumped up a little to much
Aliir - very good spoiled every thing in his path and was very good under pressure ( maybe not as bad as some think )
Biggs - should be in the senior side just due to his kicking , rarely misses targets of the HB ( better kick than half the seniors )
Dericx - meh , should only be used if Pyke needs a rest
Robinson - l really like him , done a few good things in a side that was getting pumped
Lockyer - too short
XR - Might have put on 5kg but still needs to put at least another 3/4 on his upper body , monstered by Boyd
BJ- no the greatest day
Towers- see BJ
Lloyd - sucked in a little , played ok
Membrey - fitness and speed is a massive issue , at 188cm wont make it as a 3rd tall so better get fit or he will struggle to get a debut
Nasmith - thought he did ok , just needs to find the ball around the ground a little more
Nankervis - pretty quiet
Perris - used the ball pretty well when he had it
P Mitchell - sucked in big time , carried on a little to much
AJ- I almost had a tear in my eye , this started what was a s**t day

Ressies sound promising
Didn't they get spanked by the same club that spanked our seniors? I'm not sure how that's a good sign.

Have a look at the highlights on Swans.com of AJ in the first 10min before he went down for those who were not there ( he would have been back in the senior side by round 5).
Farking ACLs
Just saw the highlights...there was one dude who took an intercept in the back half, then took 4 bounces..ran off couple of GWS players to setup next play and goal...was that AJ? shite..he looked good! I recall in all his games..he was not only a competitive beast but really quick..always had faith that if whoever he was manned up against got an initial break, he could always make up ground to spoil or he was running off someone, no one would catch him...very rarely got beaten in a contest. Watching those highlights again just reminds me of how massive a loss he is! Man, i miss that awesome spread of run we used to get with AJ, shaw, mal and mattner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back