Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-28/cripps-copping-a-hard-tag-is-a-good-thing-says-barker

PATRICK Cripps receiving a hard tag ahead of captain Marc Murphy should be viewed as "a very good thing for the Carlton Football Club", according to interim coach John Barker.
After just 12 games, Cripps was targeted by Gold Coast tagger Andrew Raines, allowing Murphy to finish with 32 possessions and 13 handball receives under little pressure.

so a decent 1st year player is seen as more damaging than your highly experienced club captain ?

good to see carlton can sink even lower.

:$

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-28/cripps-copping-a-hard-tag-is-a-good-thing-says-barker

so a decent 1st year player is seen as more damaging than your highly experienced club captain ?

As young as he is, no team can/should allow a player like Cripps to boss it up without any attention, he's simply far too damaging. If a contested inside player like Cripps is getting nearly 30 touches and nearly a dozen clearances, he's pretty much controlling the midfield and bringing the rest into the game.

I dare say teams would rather Murphy get 30 touches than Cripps, but if either one of them get off the leash because the other has a hard tag, it's cool by me.

Hendo has been spending most of his time in the forward line, so I'd say so.
Thought as much. Haven't been able to see many blues games this year to be honest. Our defence was amazing on Saturday night. Won us the game. Riewoldt is a lead up forward though. I'm more worried about two talls close to goal.

Wonder if we'll get any Bulldogs supporters in here this week?
Alright then, I'll bite. I'm glad you guys have had a couple of wins on the trot, otherwise there would probably be zero interest in the game.

I personally believe it's time for Liam Jones to have another run in the seniors. He showed great skill & poise before he gracefully took one for the team and dropped himself to give one of your lesser mortals a run. I truly believe your teams potency will increase three-fold just from him being on the field.

Last edited:
Alright then, I'll bite. I'm glad you guys have had a couple of wins on the trot, otherwise there would probably zero interest in the game. I personally believe it's time for Liam Jones to have another run in the seniors. He showed great skill & poise before he gracefully took one for the team and dropped himself to give one of your lesser mortals a run. I truly believe your teams potency will increase three-fold just from him being on the field.

I really hope not. I don't know who we have to compete with him?? Perhaps we play roughy on him and just set wood up in front to intercept mark. Effectively a two on one situation.

Just our luck that you guys to get your tails up just before we play you.
Good to see the Blues playing with a bit of flair and run.
Hopefully we see a game of all out attack from both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright then, I'll bite. I'm glad you guys have had a couple of wins on the trot, otherwise there would probably zero interest in the game. I personally believe it's time for Liam Jones to have another run in the seniors. He showed great skill & poise before he gracefully took one for the team and dropped himself to give one of your lesser mortals a run. I truly believe your teams potency will increase three-fold just from him being on the field.
Yes all his attempted leaps were pretty graceful.

He's like Waite, only with less marks and more Potential :eek:

I had a dream last night that Carlton played four forwards
Liam Jones, Jason Tutt, Andrejs Everitt and Jayden Foster
and you won the game by over 100 points. I woke up in a
cold sweat screaming the word KARMA.. Honestly i did.;)

Cripps
|
|
|
V
Daylight
|
|
|
V
De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Scharenberg
Freeman
Langdon
Grundy
Kennedy
Broomhead

Reckon I can live with him copping a tag over Murphy. Bet you wish any of these blokes had shown half as much as Crippa :p

you could well be right, and best of luck to the kid.

BUT.........................

Cripps
|
|
|
V
Daylight
|
|
|
V
De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Scharenberg
Freeman
Langdon
Grundy
Kennedy
Broomhead
l
l
l
l
V
daylight
l
l
l
l
V
the 2nd best young carlton player.

for the 2008 version cross out cripps and write judd.

see the problem yet ?

Cant wait to see The Casboult and Hendo monster Roughead and Roberts (or whatever his name is)

Oh and Casboult to absolutely smash Easton Wood when he drops in the hole in his first marking attempt. Wood 0 intercept marks for the game.

It's Patrick mother******* Cripps - of course he is going to get the tag mate. Otherwise its like saying "Here Carlton, have 50 centre clearances and a 10 goal head start".

Crowley is glad he is banned and won't be lining up on the kid.

you could well be right, and best of luck to the kid.

BUT.........................

Cripps
|
|
|
V
Daylight
|
|
|
V
De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Scharenberg
Freeman
Langdon
Grundy
Kennedy
Broomhead
l
l
l
l
V
daylight
l
l
l
l
V
the 2nd best young carlton player.

for the 2008 version cross out cripps and write judd.

see the problem yet ?
Yeah, if you want to compete, you are going to need even more. :)

swannie saying hi...................

Dane Swan
@swandane

23m
Sporting team themed toilet paper so you can wipe your ass with the team you hate... Your welcome

View details ·

Matt @Mattys123
@swandane Something like this? #lovetohateCarlton pic.twitter.com/pgmP0UADfO
9:06 PM - 28 Jun 2015
CIo8av5UcAAS3SL.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back