Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great success down at Collonwood.

A AFL/Vfl record that will never be beaten........

27 Grand Final losses!!!!!

Thats right!! will never be beaten!!
I've seen the Pies win a flag and have never seen, probably never will see Carlton win one, pretty damn happy about it too
You guys must be sick of losing, every year youre talked up and every year you do so bad. You guys can't even bottom out and build like all the other normal teams can.. You stuffed up 3 number 1 picks in a row and then failed to rebuild again by the draft. It's a never ending cycle.
You guys couldn't make top 4 and won maybe 2 finals with 3 number 1 picks and Chris judd...
You guys had 9 nine years to help create a huge Collingwood/Carlton final and failed to do so, now we are going through a rebuild and you're stuck with the same middle aged trash team you've always had

Last edited:
I've seen the Pies win a flag and have never seen, probably never will see Carlton win one, pretty damn happy about it too
You guys must be sick of losing, every year youre talked up and every year you do so bad. You guys can't even bottom out and build like all the other normal teams can.. You stuffed up 3 number 1 picks in a row and then failed to rebuild again by the draft. It's a Hariis never ending cycle.
You guys couldn't make top 4 and won maybe 2 finals with 3 number 1 picks and Chris judd...
You guys had 9 nine years to help create a huge Collingwood/Carlton final and failed to do so, now we are going through a rebuild and you're stuck with the same middle aged trash team you've always had

Really????

You guys must be sick of losing, every year youre talked up and every year you do so bad. You guys can't even bottom out and build like all the other normal teams can.. You stuffed up 3 number 1 picks in a row and then failed to rebuild again by the draft. It's a Hariis never ending cycle.

I like you're Blues avatar. Casboult, Cam Wood and Brad Green, very Carlton.

Great success down at Collonwood.

A AFL/Vfl record that will never be beaten........

27 Grand Final losses!!!!!

Thats right!! will never be beaten!!

Ever the pessimists

We are on or near par with a few handier teams over the stretch when it comes to Flags won

The GF losses just show that when we aren't the best side, we are still able to push all the way (sometimes to within a couple of points) of those that are the best

It's a credit to the never say die attitude, never quitting even when the odds are completely stacked against you

Why, if go as far as to call it a feather in the cap... always trying to be the best, regardless of what else is going on

:)

.......Why, if go as far as to call it a feather in the cap... always trying to be the best, regardless of what else is going on

Harry O'Brien totally relates to this. Always trying to improve the world even when football interrupts him.

You guys must be sick of losing, every year youre talked up and every year you do so bad. You guys can't even bottom out and build like all the other normal teams can.. You stuffed up 3 number 1 picks in a row and then failed to rebuild again by the draft. It's a never ending cycle.
Mate... if we got into a grand final against your mob, your mob would collectively s**t themselves, go on a massive choke and lose... again... like they have choked and lost in the last 5 grand finals we have played each other in... and in 2 of those you were miles in front and just dropped out never to be heard of again!

You must be very young...I've lived through EIGHT flags. At the same time the poor old pies have won two! A bit of advice for you young fella - get used to your club talking up their team/players/results...when it all comes down to it your team has won as many flags as the mighty blue baggers in the last 20 years - ONE. The difference in the teams is that you losers are happy with that, our great club is not...

Mate... if we got into a grand final against your mob, your mob would collectively s**t themselves, go on a massive choke and lose... again... like they have choked and lost in the last 5 grand finals we have played each other in... and in 2 of those you were miles in front and just dropped out never to be heard of again!

Fun fact

The majority of players drafted this year were not born when Carlton last won a flag

None of our players were even born when you last beat us in a GF

This is not the same Carlton as those lofty years. As a team. Or a Club

Ever the pessimists

We are on or near par with a few handier teams over the stretch when it comes to Flags won

The GF losses just show that when we aren't the best side, we are still able to push all the way (sometimes to within a couple of points) of those that are the best

It's a credit to the never say die attitude, never quitting even when the odds are completely stacked against you

Why, if go as far as to call it a feather in the cap... always trying to be the best, regardless of what else is going on

What a nice brave front or spin you put on this Underwhelming RECORD..

I bet, you cried into your pillow for most of those record breaking losses!!!

Fun fact

The majority of players drafted this year were not born when Carlton last won a flag

None of our players were even born when you last beat us in a GF

This is not the same Carlton as those lofty years. As a team. Or a Club

True Shawt True.

Probably why Beams has gotten off, The collonwood downhill Roller Coaster...

Brisbane are closer to wining another flag compared to your Mob!!!

What a nice brave front or spin you put on this Underwhelming RECORD..

I bet, you cried into your pillow for most of those record breaking losses!!!

Was too young to properly remember footy in the early 80's

2002 hurt the most of any in my time. I got sucked into that fairytale of running over the best team in history as much as anyone

That'll always stick with me

My dad felt it more, copping it his whole life up to '90. That generation and then one before are your troll targets, and they aren't exactly the BF generation

The Footy world has moved on since then. I can see why you'd lust for those days. Do feel free to throw stuff like that at me if you think it helps... doesn't really rustle my undercarriage though

Happy to provide a few pointers for what does get me annoyed if that's what you're looking for... always happy to provide some charity

H. Shaw not finishing his career in a Collingwood Jumper

M. Lappin being brought in to coach at the Pies. The best thing to come from equalisation of Footy spending is that we had to sack that flog

Our trading for our of form maybe-somethings, when we should be looking for Leadership and Confidence. We get Luke Ball, then spend every post season trying to find his polar opposite.... baffles me still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC Collingwood hasn't beaten us in a GF for over 100 years.

Was too young to properly remember footy in the early 80's

2002 hurt the most of any in my time. I got sucked into that fairytale of running over the best team in history as much as anyone

That'll always stick with me

My dad felt it more, copping it his whole life up to '90. That generation and then one before are your troll targets, and they aren't exactly the BF generation

The Footy world has moved on since then. I can see why you'd lust for those days. Do feel free to throw stuff like that at me if you think it helps... doesn't really rustle my undercarriage though

Happy to provide a few pointers for what does get me annoyed if that's what you're looking for... always happy to provide some charity

H. Shaw not finishing his career in a Collingwood Jumper

M. Lappin being brought in to coach at the Pies. The best thing to come from equalisation of Footy spending is that we had to sack that flog

Our trading for our of form maybe-somethings, when we should be looking for Leadership and Confidence. We get Luke Ball, then spend every post season trying to find his polar opposite.... baffles me still

Its not about you shawt. Its not about You!

By the way its a Banter thread!

Its not about you shawt. Its not about You!

By the way its a Banter thread!

I have fun defending the Pies, that's banter to me

Could be worse. I could just come on here spamming Murphy gifs :p

There would be less than 100 people still alive in Australia that were around when you last beat us in a GF

Well, don't recruit them to play for you... them mental scars brah

Well, don't recruit them to play for you... them mental scars brah
Their not called the colliwobbles for nothing.

To win your last flag you needed 2 chances to beat the worst performed side in VFL history who has the one measly flag to their name.

IIRC Collingwood hasn't beaten us in a GF for over 100 years.

Hard for us, just sort of waiting about hoping you might become something, so we might right the ledger a little... heck we even started shipping folks over to make it happen

We've been awfully patient

Hard for us, just sort of waiting about hoping you might become something, so we might right the ledger a little... heck we even started shipping folks over to make it happen

We've been awfully patient
I do commend your lot for trying to help us out.

Imagine having just won a GF and have the team to be a dominant force for years to come and because of your presidents child like infatuation with a former player, he got rid of the coach and appointed the object of his affection in Nafan No Flags.

Nafan No Flags then goes and rips the heart out of the team.

Thanks Eddie from all of us here at Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back