Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you do. I may be old but I still remember. You are an over-sensitive lot. Witty comments. Dumped without a trace. Observations. Dumped without a trace. Very poor but I digress. Wombat's a numbat.

Wikipedia

Carlton–Collingwood AFL rivalry

The sporting rivalry between the Carlton Football Club and the Collingwood Football Club is the biggest and longest lasting rivalry in the Australian Football League (AFL).

They have played 248 times in the VFL/AFL, with Carlton ahead with 125 wins to Collingwood's 119, & 4 draws. They have met six times in Grand Finals, with Carlton successful in all bar one of them.[1]

They have played 248 times in the VFL/AFL, with Carlton ahead with 125 wins to Collingwood's 119, & 4 draws. They have met six times in Grand Finals, with Carlton successful in all bar one of them.[1]

and LOL that was the one thylacine60 got to see.

are we within 6 now - gee the margin was huge 15 years ago - what happened ?

Is that the same bloke you poached from West Coast after he won 2 flags there ??

Yeah. It's also the same bloke who currently has a 41% winning percentage with your once mighty club. Perhaps the banner should read: "Congratulations on a stellar coaching career with Footscray, West Coast and Collingwood. Any chance you could win a few games for us?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of clubs are adopting pop songs now. Perhaps Carlton could go with this one?

"It was twenty years ago today
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

I know Mick would appreciate a song from his vintage and it does have a certain significance this year...

I was just thinking about the strange polarity between GF records of our Abbotsford neighbours and their SANFL counterparts. One magpie is feared by all cyclists and those on foot in September, whilst the other is a harmless little thing, happy to sing for a few scraps at meal time. It's probably been good for the trophy cabinet that we were given the mild variety, though it may have been an interesting sliding door scenario if we'd been matched against a last day in September powerhouse, instead of our wobble board wielding rivals.

A lot of clubs are adopting pop songs now. Perhaps Carlton could go with this one?

"It was twenty years ago today
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

I know Mick would appreciate a song from his vintage and it does have a certain significance this year...
Perhaps yourself, Collingwood & even *Essendon can adopt the famous song written by Doc Nesson and performed by The Angels in 1976.....

"Am I ever gonna to see your face again"

You know the rest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back