Game Day 2015 E.W. Copeland Trophy night - Congrats Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

On Friday night the 2015 E.W. Copeland Trophy will be be won and run by one of our illustrious players. (Ok it be Swan or Pendlebury).

LIVE STREAM VIA WEBSITE AND APP;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-10-09/watch-the-2015-copeland-trophy-live-9-october

The stream should start at 7.30 but don't expect anything to happen for a good while after that. Should finish around 10.30-11 if the last few years is any guide.

There is a poll to vote on who you think will win online.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/new...and-trophy-live?camefrom=EMCL_798044_33644724

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a list of the awards on the night (main ones);

Copeland (obviously);
R.T. Rush Trophy (2nd);
J.J. Joyce Trophy (3rd);
J.F. Mchale Trophy (4th);
Jack Regan Trophy (5th);

Magpie Army player of the year;
Darren Millane Trophy (best clubman);
Harry Collier Trophy (best first year player);
Gavin Brown Award (desire indicators);
Gordon Coventry Award (goal kicker);
Joseph Wren Award (vfl player);
Phonse Kyne Award (services to the club);

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to copy those above and predict who will win each.

Last edited:
'Competition' prefix Mattys? What about 'Game day'? Almost as much fun (you invited silliness:)).

Pendles to win again, with Swanny and Varcoe not far behind. Marley to do OK too.

Last edited:

'Competition' prefix Mattys? What about 'Game day'? Almost as much fun (you invited silliness:)).

Peddles to win again, with Swanny and Varcoe not far behind. Marley to do OK too.
No real "awards" prefix so game day might be more apt seeing as it's within 24 hours now.

I reckon Pendles will have a big lead at the half way mark before Swan storms home and it's a close finish.

No one else can win, Sidey missed too many games with that injury early in the year, Cloke had a below average year for many reasons and there's no one else who can simply match Swan and Pendles output.

Adams a real chance for top 5, so is Nathan Brown.

Disappointing if Swans and Pendles are still #1 and #2. Obvious a great achievement for them but we need more from the next generation

Shame Adams went and got himself suspended then lost form

Disappointing if Swans and Pendles are still #1 and #2. Obvious a great achievement for them but we need more from the next generation

Shame Adams went and got himself suspended then lost form
Could be worse, could have a Marc Blicavs win it. (he won the Cats one tonight).:eek::drunk:

1. Pendlebury
2. Swan
3. Unsure

Silly award: worst tattoo addition has to be the red vested ben kennedy, if you've seen it you would know there is no competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, Predictions;

Copeland (winner); Scott Pendlebury
R.T. Rush Trophy (2nd); Dane Swan
J.J. Joyce Trophy (3rd); Marley Williams
J.F. Mchale Trophy (4th); Travis Varcoe
Jack Regan Trophy (5th); Nathan Brown (so fitting if he wins Regan's trophy)

Magpie Army player of the year; Dane Swan
Darren Millane Trophy (best clubman); Marley Williams
Harry Collier Trophy (best first year player); Jordan De Goey
Gavin Brown Award (desire indicators); Jarryd Blair
Gordon Coventry Award (goal kicker); Jamie Elliott
Joseph Wren Award (vfl player); Ben Moloney
Phonse Kyne Award (services to the club); no idea, usually a club volunteer

Last edited:
Copeland: Pendlebury, from Swan, Adams, Varcoe and Crisp.
Leading Goal Kicker: Elliott (going out on a limb with that one... :drunk: )
VFL B&F: Marsh
Best Clubman: Young
Best 1st Year: De Goey
Magpie Army Award: Pendlebury
Desire Indicators Award: Williams

Ok, Predictions;

Copeland (winner); Travis Varcoe
R.T. Rush Trophy (2nd); Pendles
J.J. Joyce Trophy (3rd); swan
J.F. Mchale Trophy (4th); Williams
Jack Regan Trophy (5th); Sidebottom

Magpie Army player of the year; Pendles
Darren Millane Trophy (best clubman); Taylor Adams
Harry Collier Trophy (best first year player); Jordan De Goey
Gavin Brown Award (desire indicators); Varcoe
Gordon Coventry Award (goal kicker); Jamie Elliott
Joseph Wren Award (vfl player); Pendles
Phonse Kyne Award (services to the club); Magpie Girl

If either Pendles or Swan wins, it will be their 4th Copeland. Only Buckley, Len Thompson and Bob Rose have 4 or more Copelands. Elite company.

Also regarding Pendles, after his first year at the club he has only once missed a top 3 spot in the Copeland, and that was in 2009 when he missed effectively 6 games and still finished 5th. He is an incredible player.

My prediction for top 10

1. Pendles
2. Swan
3. Williams
4. Varcoe
5. Crisp
6. Brown
7. Adams
8. Elliott
9. Sidebottom
10. Grundy
Thats a pretty good effort Heater39. I wonder if Grundy might be a bit higher. I definately think Varcoe and Crisp can finish top 5 which would be a fantastic result

No real "awards" prefix so game day might be more apt seeing as it's within 24 hours now.

I reckon Pendles will have a big lead at the half way mark before Swan storms home and it's a close finish.

No one else can win, Sidey missed too many games with that injury early in the year, Cloke had a below average year for many reasons and there's no one else who can simply match Swan and Pendles output.

Adams a real chance for top 5, so is Nathan Brown.
might know someone who engraves the trophies top 5 in order is pendles swan crisp adams sidey. he gave me the top 3 in order last year as well... fair effort by the steak knives if his mail is correct

might know someone who engraves the trophies top 5 in order is pendles swan crisp adams sidey. he gave me the top 3 in order last year as well... fair effort by the steak knives if his mail is correct
You've ruined the game!!!!

anigif_enhanced-9671-1436478684-2.gif

I would've had Crisp in or pretty close to top 5, also Varcoe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back