2015 NAB Challenge fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends what team they play mate.... We will b full strength

If they play their kids again we should win comfortably

Teams named and GC have gone in reasonably strong. We have named Griffin and Pattful but no Treloar, shaw or mummy. Going to be tough to win I think but hope for no injuries.

GWS GIANTS squad

1. Phil Davis
2. Curtly Hampton
3. Stephen Coniglio
4. Toby Greene
5. Dylan Shiel
6. Lachie Whitfield
8. Callan Ward
9. Jed Lamb
14. Tomas Bugg
15. Tim Golds
16. Nathan Wilson
18. Jeremy Cameron
19. Nick Haynes
20. Adam Tomlinson
21. Matt Buntine
22. Josh Kelly
24. Joel Patfull
25. Cam McCarthy
27. Andrew Phillips
29. Zac Williams
31. Jacob Townsend
32. Ryan Griffen
33. Will Hoskin-Elliott
35. Aidan Corr
37. Rory Lobb
38. Jack Steele
40. Adam Kennedy
43. Jake Barrett
44. Tom Downie

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-03-05/stars-named-for-nab-challenge#sthash.JMg0tnZz.dpuf

Teams named and GC have gone in reasonably strong. We have named Griffin and Pattful but no Treloar, shaw or mummy. Going to be tough to win I think but hope for no injuries.
It is all about developing individual form and team structures. The win is not so important. We'll probably see Griff and Joel rested one of the next two games, and also one or two of Shiel, Smith, Cameron or Cogs. They'll be watching work rates and form to decide. Treloar proved he was close to peak last week, so the feeling is probably throttle back this week in fear of over cooking him.

We have about five guys coming in, but will still be without guys like Prestia, Ablett, O'Meara, Dixon, Day, May & Thompson.

Martin, Lemmens, Nicholls, Russell are confirmed ins for us.
I think Rocket said Luke Russell is now out with Tonsilitis - been in hospital for a couple of days. We've named Hallahan and Sexton in the squad of 29 but Rocket said they won't play - pulled up a bit sore. That leaves the seven Sunny has mentioned plus Rischitelli and Harbrow being rested and Hallahan, Sexton (on current form) making 11 of our top 22/23 players out. We are basically at half strength. Always look forward to Suns V Giants games. A preview of future blockbusters. Griffen and Patful and really going to be major pluses for you this year. Your midfield in particular will make life difficult for most sides. so many smart footballers running through there.

It is all about developing individual form and team structures. The win is not so important. We'll probably see Griff and Joel rested one of the next two games, and also one or two of Shiel, Smith, Cameron or Cogs. They'll be watching work rates and form to decide. Treloar proved he was close to peak last week, so the feeling is probably throttle back this week in fear of over cooking him.
Except Leon Cameron said we want marks in the W column in NAB challenge.... So I beg to differ and say the W IS a priority here

Except Leon Cameron said we want marks in the W column in NAB challenge.... So I beg to differ and say the W IS a priority here
Wasn't saying the win is not a priority. It is a priority sure, but not the main priority. Winning form is good form, no doubt. The main priority in NAB cub is get your structures right and players playing to the plan.

Think the priority changes from team to team but yes we need a win... Obviously the way we achieve that win is important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6'3 135kgs. You wont miss me!

Geez! Can you hold a mark on a straight lead? We should put you in the goal square as our very own Plugger. Mow down a few of those Suns defenders and the won't be back for the rest of the season, or any season for that matter. Will be at the game, but not sure yet who I'll have with me. Wifey and/or kids etc.

I think this may be the first time for a few of the posters to meet up. On the freo board we meet up a lot, and for the 2013 GF we had a big footy party at the great northern hotel in Carlton. Everyone had name badges with their Big footy name on it. It's fun to put a face to some names.

So who else is going ? Ian ? Icahbod ?

I think this may be the first time for a few of the posters to meet up. On the freo board we meet up a lot, and for the 2013 GF we had a big footy party at the great northern hotel in Carlton. Everyone had name badges with their Big footy name on it. It's fun to put a face to some names.

So who else is going ? Ian ? Icahbod ?

I'll be there - not in the cheer squad, but the family will be in the grandstand taking notes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back