2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Any more practice games lined up in the coming weeks?

following two should be going ahead:

Kedron Vs Beenleigh 21/3
Kedron Vs Zillmere 28/3

Only one I know of this weekend is the Woodsmen v Redcliffe game in the Alpha pre-season cup, which is being played after the Redlands v Aspley NEAFL game up at Burpengary. Would be a good arvo of footy I reckon.

If there are any clubs struggling for numbers I've slowly developed itchy feet after intending to have a year off. Not a completely useless footballer, but certainly won't set the world on fire. Also pretty injury prone! Private message me if this fits your club and you're close-ish to the Brisbane city region.

Any truth behind Mayne not having lights ready until mid season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are any clubs struggling for numbers I've slowly developed itchy feet after intending to have a year off. Not a completely useless footballer, but certainly won't set the world on fire. Also pretty injury prone! Private message me if this fits your club and you're close-ish to the Brisbane city region.

I think that actually fits every QAFA B club, and quite a few QAFA A clubs !!!

Hi, i'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm looking for a team to play with, i've looked at the league structure and club locations and i think this league best suits me at the moment. I've played a fair bit of footy in the past in Adelaide, Darwin, Townsville (ex army) and i'm looking tio get back into it after a couple of years off. I usually play anywhere up the spine but mainly at CHF / FF. I live in the Nudgee area so a club close by would be great, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm looking for a team to play with, i've looked at the league structure and club locations and i think this league best suits me at the moment. I've played a fair bit of footy in the past in Adelaide, Darwin, Townsville (ex army) and i'm looking tio get back into it after a couple of years off. I usually play anywhere up the spine but mainly at CHF / FF. I live in the Nudgee area so a club close by would be great, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome mate. You've already made the best choice with selecting this league. Your closest surrounding clubs would be Sandgate, Zillmere and Mayne. Contact details are on the AFLQ website or individual club sites/social media pages. I won't mention my biased preference, but I'm sure all 3 would be equally welcoming for new players to train.
Good luck.

Thanks in advance.

Kedron is another club that is not too far from Nudgee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought you guys had too many players and too much depth already, with all the QFA players from last year sticking by the club ???
Yes we do have a few players that are loyal to the club. But that just makes it a great place to be around. Any new players are welcome down and see if the club suits you. Train Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm. Sixth ave kedron.

interesting time to see people writing about which club to join. i was also thinking about playing footy this year. havent played for a bit but played a bit of footy in the past. dont wanna sit on the bench or just watch cos i didnt get picked cos not good enough to make the team if some teams already have a good amount of players. especially good players. any suggestions

Apologies RedKegger31, I knew I was forgetting someone!

Matador, that's always a tough one. Best bet is to get to a training session and judge for yourself.

Well not long till first game... Hope it all works out for everyone...
Hope to see many of you at games during the year...

Hey everybody, I always look at this thread due to friends playing at Sandgate & Zillmere. Had the pleasure of coaching against the woodsmen on Saturday and I can confirm that IMO they will be right up there again. They had some very smart players but obviously starting pre season later their fitness was the difference in the end. I also spoke to their players and coaches and they all seemed very friendly and up for a chat. Will be keeping a close eye on this comp as it will be a tight one this year.

Hey everybody, I always look at this thread due to friends playing at Sandgate & Zillmere. Had the pleasure of coaching against the woodsmen on Saturday and I can confirm that IMO they will be right up there again. They had some very smart players but obviously starting pre season later their fitness was the difference in the end. I also spoke to their players and coaches and they all seemed very friendly and up for a chat. Will be keeping a close eye on this comp as it will be a tight one this year.

Thanks for the write up cats35. Did you think any particular players stood out ?? They do have some good talent in that side. Sounds like they were far from full strength as well. I think this year it will be a very competitive division, with some high quality footy played.

I doubt Redcliffe were full strength either?

Looking at the Woodsmen lineup on sporting pulse - appeared to be around 10 from their premiership side not playing. How many have left?

Green, Fraser, Thomson, McNaughton, Bruhl, Fehr-Smith, McCewen, Frame & their gun skipper - Toohey

some serious talent in that list, especially Green, Toohey, McNaughton and McCewen.

Appears that the Tigers were missing a similar amount of blokes from their losing Prelim side. Unsure of the quality though, as I don't get that far North all that often. How many sitting out, vs left the club/retired?

Hedger is a pretty good player to be missing, but I think he is playing QAFL now for Sandgate?

Obviously Kingdon and Quarrell are handy players, so they are decent outs.

Any more practice games lined up in the coming weeks?

following two should be going ahead:

Kedron Vs Beenleigh 21/3
Kedron Vs Zillmere 28/3

This weekend is Wynnum vs Beenleigh with the game being played at Kedron at 1pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back