Mega Thread 2015 SC/DT questions - post yours/player information requests for WB players here

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistically looking forward to an improved year from the young doggies. Anyone starting a Super Coach League for Doggie Supporters?

My team:

teamsc.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts??? Midfield too light?

My team:

teamsc.jpg

I actually quite like it, totally different to my side as you've gone strong in the forwards/defense as I've stacked my midfield. Depends if you are playing for overall or league. As I think only having really 3 premos in the midfield you'll lose a bit of ground early on. I'm a bit suspect on Kreuzer/Stevens/KK. How much money you got to work with?

My team:

teamsc.jpg

Switch a premo in the forward line for a premo in the midfield and you're looking a lot better. Because that forward line is stacked.

This is personal preference, but I just think Steven is fools gold this year. He looks underpriced and like he should get back up to super-premo status, but something in my gut is telling me it's going to go horrible wrong.

I actually quite like it, totally different to my side as you've gone strong in the forwards/defense as I've stacked my midfield. Depends if you are playing for overall or league. As I think only having really 3 premos in the midfield you'll lose a bit of ground early on. I'm a bit suspect on Kreuzer/Stevens/KK. How much money you got to work with?

I'm sold on KK, i really like him and just have a good feeling on him. Kreuzer is very much wait and see, will ditch if he is not no 1 ruck at Carlton. Just $15,000.

Switch a premo in the forward line for a premo in the midfield and you're looking a lot better. Because that forward line is stacked.

This is personal preference, but I just think Steven is fools gold this year. He looks underpriced and like he should get back up to super-premo status, but something in my gut is telling me it's going to go horrible wrong.

I'm considering trading out Bennell for a cheaper option than using that cash for another mid. But I do like the idea of stacking the forward line when there is so many good options.

Steven is an interesting one, my opinion of him was he had a down year last season because of an interrupted pre-season and that injury really derailed him. Maybe Griff is an option instead but who knows about his back. I'm reasonably happy with my side and strategy at this stage but I'm the type who could change that all quickly.

Lambert will only be selected if there is an injury.

That is on the proviso that he is elevated from the rookie list; he more likely to be elevated RND 11.

Hi folks, as the title suggests, please use this thread for Supercoach/Dream team player discussion. Trolling of any sort will see you banned.

In terms of you questions, please keep them sensible and relative to the discussion.

Hi folks,
Given the departure of some senior midfielders, I guess opportunities will arise for younger Bulldogs players.
Do you think Clay Smith will get early games.
Cheers.

Hi folks,
Given the departure of some senior midfielders, I guess opportunities will arise for younger Bulldogs players.
Cheers.

Coming back from a knee reconstruction, so unlikely until mid year or later. He's not the midfielder you are looking for...

Hi folks,
Cheers.

expect to see a lot of games out of Libba jnr, Macrae and Bontempelli. Libba is still priced quite high but you would get value from Macrae or Bontempelli (not sure where they sit in terms of value at the moment)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

expect to see a lot of games out of Libba jnr, Macrae and Bontempelli. Libba is still priced quite high but you would get value from Macrae or Bontempelli (not sure where they sit in terms of value at the moment)
I already have Macrae and Bontempelli is out of reach the way I am set up.
Will have to look elsewhere, but thanks for the help fellas.

Hi folks, as the title suggests, please use this thread for Supercoach/Dream team player discussion.
Already a thread on the first page Mike, it fell down without being stickied.

Now the value picks - I'm seriously considering both Stringer & The Bont in my forward line (possible bias :$). Not sure how Libba & Macrae will fare without Griffen. I selected Dahlhaus last year, but he seems slightly overpriced this year and doubt his average will improve. Got an eye on Biggs and Daniel. Also Hunter if he becomes a ball magnet off half back. Smokey pick is Talia.

Last edited:
I already have Macrae and Bontempelli is out of reach the way I am set up.
Will have to look elsewhere, but thanks for the help fellas.
One to watch may be Hrovat over the NAB challenge, has been injury free preseason and is capable of averaging 20+ possies at a pretty good efficiency.

One of Talia/Roberts/Hamling has to play (possibly 2 out of 3) most weeks and all of these guys represent SC value on their starting price. The big question is obviously which one(s) will be in the 22 come round 1.

Tory Dickson is priced low for 2015 because of his 4 games last year two were injury-affected red-vest games (49 and 4 SC respectively). If he is in the 22, definitely presents value.

Macrae should be able to improve on a 100 average but whether he gets a tag more often in the absence of Griffen is the unknown. I would think Libba gets tagged more often than Macrae so therefore Macrae presents good SC value whereas Libba is a bit hard to see value on his starting price.

Already a thread on the first page Mike, it fell down without being stickied.

Now the value picks - I'm seriously considering both Stringer & The Bont in my forward line (possible bias :$). Not sure how Libba & Macrae will fare without Griffen. I selected Dahlhaus last year, but he seems slightly overpriced this year and doubt his average will improve. Got an eye on Biggs and Daniel. Also Hunter if he becomes a ball magnet off half back. Smokey pick is Talia.

I gathered the thread you started was around putting together SC/DT leagues for the board, so this one was started as a season discussion on players etc

Daniel looks like a lock for a bench spot in forward line, here's hoping he gets early games to become that cash cow we are all looking for. Most will probably look to use Daniel on the FWD bench.

Biggs is a bit more pricey, at a little over 200k, but I tend to think he fits into our best 22 and should score well in a defensive outlet role, if selected.

5 for effective is correct I believe, but it is either -2 or no score if not.
last year the scoring was 3 points for a hit out to advantage and 1 point just for getting a hitout no matter where it went. this year its 5 for a hit out to advantage and 0 points for an hit out that goes to an opponent or a contest. so most rucks are overpriced

I went and had a look at the SC board, browsed a few other club boards and did some reading. Not many players from this side remain.

The season's still a long way off, but I'll message you my current side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back