News 2016 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

As I have posted on Facebook. Seems the club are beginning to take the 10,000 Melbourne members for granted. Ireland's comment of 6 Victorian games is either a really poor oversight or a laughable attempt to try and pull the wool over our eyes. 4 Melbourne games. Hawthorn we will be sent up to level 3 with the likelihood of the same against Richmond. A Friday night Geelong game which is effectively a $30 reserved seat on top of our membership, which those of us on the Eastern / South Eastern side of the city would be lucky to get to for the bounce anyway. I can only presume the sixth game he is referring to is a pre season game.

I love the club but seriously. **** off. The outcome is nothing short of poor for Melbourne based members. Also interesting the number of people excited about the Hobart game. Last time we played down there I got through within 10 minutes to get tickets and they were already sold out bar standing room. Not going to have improved much even with the new stand.

Would've had another game, if Norf didn't sell their soul to Hobart.
Where would you pick up another game from to take to Melbourne?

Would've had another game, if Norf didn't sell their soul to Hobart.
Where would you pick up another game from to take to Melbourne?

play Cats @ SCG > Skilled
play Dees @ MCG > SCG

Out of curiosity when was the last time Sydney only played Geelong once, and in Sydney.

If you look at our draw, we generally play Melbourne at the G, all other MCG tennants more regularly in Sydney. This is due to the AFL and crowds. Because of this, we generally play Geelong in geelong because it helps the AFL with structuring all vic games in melbourne.

One thing that puzzles me, why not schedule Round 23 given there is a bye for everyone the following week?
Because hawthorn will still complain when they only get a 10 day break and we get a 12 day break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should really account for both if we're genuine contenders. However. The won't be easy beats.

There was something really off this year. We were really unstable as a footy club. Buddy's issues. The goodes saga. Alot of players down on form throughout the year. It was a really substandard year for us

We should really account for both if we're genuine contenders. However. The won't be easy beats.

There was something really off this year. We were really unstable as a footy club. Buddy's issues. The goodes saga. Alot of players down on form throughout the year. It was a really substandard year for us

And yet still finished on 16 wins haha standard of comp is pretty bad.

One thing that puzzles me, why not schedule Round 23 given there is a bye for everyone the following week?

Because the AFL hasn't thought this through properly..

.. or for the tin foil hat brigade because unfortunately they have. :p

Actually I think the reason is thst they want to try and orchestrate it so 7th and 8th are decided last round. And with finals possibly starting on a Thursday they still want to look afyer the travelling clubs.

Personally my highlight is the gold coast game during the june long weekend - had a ball at wet and wild there last year so will be up for it again this year.

Lowlight is the embarassing 6 games in Melbourne/Victoria. But I have penned my complaints repeatedly to the swans hierarchy so there is not much left to do there.

Personally my highlight is the gold coast game during the june long weekend - had a ball at wet and wild there last year so will be up for it again this year.

Lowlight is the embarassing 6 games in Melbourne/Victoria. But I have penned my complaints repeatedly to the swans hierarchy so there is not much left to do there.
Whilst I agree the club shouldnt have come out and said, yay 6 games for VIC fans, it is highly unlikely to get more than 7 there each year....

Our Norf game being in TAS and the cats game on fri night are the kick in that pants.

But we arent like hawks who play home games in TAS etc, the swans will always play home games in syd and play GWS twice a year. VIC clubs all petition for local double-ups we dont play any non-VIC teams (bar GWS) more than once this year..... so the draw is never going to get more in VIC than about 7.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back