NRL 2016 NRL Premiers Cronulla Sharks discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
As another season is soon to get underway what are your expectations of Cronulla for season 2016?

After last seasons form and results along with the development of young players such as Bird and Holmes I think anything but finals is failure. Not sure on top 4 but I think if a poor start like 2015 can be avoided the Sharks are at least a genuine prospect for final's action.

Thoughts?

Thought we were going to be smashed at one stage so it was a pretty good fight back. Hopefully we'll beat the Dragons this weekend.

We're looking better this year. Maloney is clearly an upgrade on Robson and Benny Barber seems to be filling the hole that Michael Gordon left. Chad Townsend has looked sharp too - He's improved since he was last with us.

Valentine Homes looked a bit flat against the Storm but he should bounce back this week hopefully.

We're looking better this year. Maloney is clearly an upgrade on Robson and Benny Barber seems to be filling the hole that Michael Gordon left. Chad Townsend has looked sharp too - He's improved since he was last with us.

Valentine Homes looked a bit flat against the Storm but he should bounce back this week hopefully.

Holmes just needs to keep up the effort and the form will come back.
I think getting Paul Gallen back will balance things out as well. Fifita has been a beast and I think he'll only improve the front row.

Holmes will find his touch, and Maloney hasn't really hit his straps yet. Youse guys can look forward to the rest of the season with confidence, I reckon.

That was one gritty & exciting win over the Titans with a lot of highlights - Good to see Matty Prior get a try. The Fafita dance was great. Another amazing Valentine Holmes try, Ben Barba on fire ... lots of niggle with Greg Bird & a little bit of Biff. Enjoyable stuff.

The game could have been remembered too for all the wrong reasons with Chris Heighington's kid getting run over on the field after the game- sounds like he's ok though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least someone knows how to win in Canberra. Will not mention my AFL allegiance but I am all smiles as far the NRL goes. :):):)

Great result from the Sharkies will watch the replay with interest and joy. Ben Barba starting to hit his straps and play as we know he can.

Sitting third behind the two threats for the premiership this season. So far, so good.

Barba and Maloney have been great. Gallen and Fifita have been in top form.

I really hope this excellent form continues and the team gets maximum points out of it. Keep this up and a possible top four finish may be on the cards.

Looking forward to playing the Panthers. Should be a decent clash.

Tough game against the Panthers but a solid win. Sitting clear third on points and only edged out by % on second spot by Cowboys.

BIG Monday night football game next week hosting the Broncos. Can really make a statement with a win. Looking forward to clash.

Tough game against the Panthers but a solid win. Sitting clear third on points and only edged out by % on second spot by Cowboys.

BIG Monday night football game next week hosting the Broncos. Can really make a statement with a win. Looking forward to clash.

A bit pedantic of me, but the game is Sunday arvo. Should be good though to see where we are at.

Sharks win 62-0 over Newcastle. Have just watched the replay and what a sensational performance. Holmes, Graham, Lewis, Barba and plenty of others on fire. That was a record loss for the Knights at Hunter and a couple of their players were in tears at the end.

We play the Silvertails this week and have a score to settle after the hammering we took from them earlier this year. GO SHARKIES!

Sharks win 62-0 over Newcastle. Have just watched the replay and what a sensational performance. Holmes, Graham, Lewis, Barba and plenty of others on fire. That was a record loss for the Knights at Hunter and a couple of their players were in tears at the end.

We play the Silvertails this week and have a score to settle after the hammering we took from them earlier this year. GO SHARKIES!

Damn straight. I hope we hammer the campaigners.:thumbsu::sunglasses::sunglasses: Go Sharkies

I've just come back and watched the replay after a big day out. Win + Win = WINWINWINWINWIN :tonguewink:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back