State of Origin 2016 SoO Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
It's back. The annual NSW v QLD State of Origin series.

NSW have named the following squad for game 1 which can be found on nrl.com

New South Wales skipper Paul Gallen has given his tick of approval to the 19-man squad named by coach Laurie Daley for Origin I.

Just when you thought Bob Fulton couldn't do worse than selecting Mitchell Pearce, Jamie Buhrer, Steve Turner.......he then selects Dylan Walker who has done nothing!
You could say he's walked in.

If you've got a zillion centres like James Roberts, Wigan wouldn't mind a couple...

The point is I don't get why you play largely a limited fullback in Dugan in the centre when you have in form quick centres available.

Better centre maybe.

I'd take Morris over Dugan period. Don't like players that can't pass and that's Dugan for you. I don't mind Dugan as a fullback but as a centre jeez!

Oh, come on! He does pass a bit now. He's learning, bless him. :) Did used to make me laugh, though, I used to watch him carefully throughout a match and it wasn't uncommon to see him not pass during an entire game, which for a player like him who saw so much of the ball, was quite a achievement. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree that Morris for Dugan is an upgrade but i still think Dugan should have been the FB all along. Also think Austin or Josh Reynolds for Maloney would have been a solid play, watching the Raiders v Dogs on Sunday only reinforced that.

Im a Queenslander but that NSW pack scares me especially if Cronk is even 5% off and Thurston has always hated tackling. NSW to make it a grind and win by bugger all.

How can't NSW sell this game out? It's Origin jeez!

you trying to get 80,000+ NSW people to go to Homebush??? Good luck with that. Biggest bunch of bandwagon supporters ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back