List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

4 6 8 10 73. Hanley Lyons straight in best 22. Add Witts. Gotta be pleased. Those 4 top 10s are gold this year. Totally sets us up for a tilt!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Most happy that we did not sell our future by going overboard on mature players

2 clear best 22 players added, both will spend a lot of time through the middle of the field. One an excellent kick and the other a centre square player who can go forward.

At start of next year Hanley is 28, Lyons is 24, Witts is 24. Good age profile for us.

Well I'm glad we kept Mckenzie.... We seem to have three future seconds next year, bizarre... We surely can get Scheer with 35 and 43 and later picks, we might even get Williams as well if we have list spots. We need to sack some players (pay a couple out it appears), We are going to get four top 10's, hopefully Bowes is at number 10. I still don't really know why we got Witts but I hope he comes out and kills it next year... Lyons was a huge get... Hanley is a nice player... If Swallow and Gaz play 18+games next year each, we should make finals with our new list... Now attention turns to the draft.... Brodie, Ainsworth and Taranto pleaseeeee!!

I have heard nothing about getting rid of pick 35.....
Except the Suns page did not include it in the picks we have next year. Confused???

Well I'm glad we kept Mckenzie.... We seem to have three future seconds next year, bizarre... We surely can get Scheer with 35 and 43 and later picks, we might even get Williams as well if we have list spots. We need to sack some players (pay a couple out it appears), We are going to get four top 10's, hopefully Bowes is at number 10. I still don't really know why we got Witts but I hope he comes out and kills it next year... Lyons was a huge get... Hanley is a nice player... If Swallow and Gaz play 18+games next year each, we should make finals with our new list... Now attention turns to the draft.... Brodie, Ainsworth and Taranto pleaseeeee!!
Don't have pick 43 (Used for Lyons) and don't know about 35

I do wonder how we get Bowes, 3x top 10 players, Scheer and Williams!?

Fantastic trade period nonetheless just wish we got Ah Chee.

Witts l think it's because unfortunately Currie is terribly injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait didn't the Blues give their 2017 second to Geelong in that Tuohy deal? So how did the Suns get the Blues second??

I'm pretty sure we have 35. We'll use that to match for Scheer and I'm assuming we'll just go into a loss of points for next year if it costs a bit extra. Super excited for the draft now!

So what everyone's thoughts on this trade period win or failure ?

The positives:

• We made a quasi stand and maybe usurped the Bombers as the toughest negotiators to deal with - which is what we need to be if we going to protect our territory
  • Cochrane is a boss
  • We took a big chunck out of the Hawks future trading flexibility & put a lot of pressure on JOM at the Hawks in the process - win/win
  • We came out on the right side of nearly every trade:

* We were OK on the Hanley deal as we offloaded 2 x 2nds for a player touted as a 10-15 player - kept top 10 picks
* Big win on Prestia deal
* Witts - from touted as a pick in the 20s to 40s is reasonable value
* Lyons - great value with a pick in the 40s
* JOM - from getting nothing and making a stand to getting a nice little bounty of picks for next year

• It was great that the club didn't concern themselves with overpaying for C grade talent and recognised that this was our chance to go to the draft and load up on our midfield for the next 10 years

The negatives:

• We couldn't land the experienced players we wanted (maybe we pick up Barlow as DFA if we delist an extra player)
  • Sorry Gaz, we didn't trade away our future to appease you, you will just have ride out with the young guns next year

If we can have a good season next year we can then attract good experience and then use those 2nd rd picks to close deals

We did well. Wish O'mura no hard feelings, just relieved he's gone. Lyons was our best pick up.

So can anyone explain to me what the draft day will look like?

4,6,8,10 but two of them are for Bowes and Scheer?

Bullshit - we are using 10 on a gun and picking up Scheer for late picks

Need to delist Brooksby, Grant, Schade, Cameron (re-rookie) and see if Mal wants to retire and start coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back