List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Cats are showing interest in Stringer it might mean they drop there interest in Smith and he ends up staying a Giant.

You will probably find we pursue both of them and drop/lessen our interest in ablett.

Smith has always seemed (at least publically) as fairly likely to stay with you guys though.

Todd Marshall doing all the things lacking in our forward line and still a string bean.

He should never have been pulled out of our Academy. For the uninitiated he was pulled out of consideration because he allegedly did not complete paperwork properly...

It was a media driven AFL farce and will prove quite costly for us.

Hey guys just wondering if you have heard anything about Toby Greene? There has been some noise around Melb about him being potentially returning to Vic? I personally don't know anything just heard some rumblings that in order to keep Kelly & extend some of the others he could be squeezed out? Doesn't make sense to me because I see him as GWS most important player just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything?

Hey guys just wondering if you have heard anything about Toby Greene? There has been some noise around Melb about him being potentially returning to Vic? I personally don't know anything just heard some rumblings that in order to keep Kelly & extend some of the others he could be squeezed out? Doesn't make sense to me because I see him as GWS most important player just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything?
Bullshit.

He is AA and would of been again this year but for some bullshit.

Why would he go there when he is hated by all and sundry.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well that's what I can't figure out either. I was at a VAFA final yesterday and that is what some people were saying, Then they were talking about it on SEN last night. Not sure if it was him wanting to return home or if it was just someone having to get squeezed out.

Well that's what I can't figure out either. I was at a VAFA final yesterday and that is what some people were saying, Then they were talking about it on SEN last night. Not sure if it was him wanting to return home or if it was just someone having to get squeezed out.
Or the vfl media throwing darts at our playing list. Again.

He is going nowhere.

Nothing in it and anyone who knows Toby knows how in the bad times he would talk us up and couldn't wait to be smashing all those teams that hammered us in those early years and saw himself playing his whole career with us. But I'm sure any whispers about Toby has more to do with Connors looking to squeeze every possible cent out of us.

Yeah you're probably right. The talk probably stems from Kelly choosing re-sign and with whitfield apparently getting a extension people just assume that someone will try and be squeezed out to account for it.

Yeah you're probably right. The talk probably stems from Kelly choosing re-sign and with whitfield apparently getting a extension people just assume that someone will try and be squeezed out to account for it.

Yep all kinds of rumors at the moment from this one about Greene, to the Carlton board running with Scully heading to the blues, and many others in-between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha there's no way Scully will leave especially to Carlton. They know they aren't getting Kelly & Hopper so now they are making things up.

Haha there's no way Scully will leave especially to Carlton. They know they aren't getting Kelly & Hopper so now they are making things up.
The noise is that we have inquired about him - that is all. Its good mail, but it is only that we have inquired.

Yep all kinds of rumors at the moment from this one about Greene, to the Carlton board running with Scully heading to the blues, and many others in-between.
I guess it is a question of who gets squeezed out, not if. But the fact that some will (like Kennedy perhaps) creates an opportunity for b s rumours.

Toby Greene will never play AFL for a Victorian club. If he wants out he would most likely go to Brisbane to be more anonymous than he is now.

Source: Toby's dad and Toby's uncle.

So we are dead in the water if we lose Kelly? Wow.

So who do we lose to keep him?

He is good at throwing out crap like this but offers no solution.

Didnt see it, here's the article on what he said for others the same. https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/da...k=e0383a95df9463505bb7a21df25cb3b4-1505174571

He is miles off as far as Im concerned. Losing somebody like Smith this year IMO needs to happen and the reason he has overlooked is no first rounder and the fact free agancy is approaching and we cant afford to have a situation where so many players reach FA in the same period. The timing of the turnover of the list seems spot on to me, Mummy, Shaw, Griffen, Lids all finishing up at a time where thier contracts need to go to the next wave, but we need to keep the quality coming in each year to spread it out. As MDB, Simpson, Reid has shown, you can pick up depth for minimal cost, its the core 20 odd that count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back