News 2018 Fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda reminds me of the Gold Coast round 1 game we had a few years back.
Or port the year before.

This game is at Etihad though. Surely we won't lose there.

They (and WCE) played 12 each at Subi last year. Cant see the difference except one extra "home" game v Gold Coast cos of the Comm Games
Er. That is the difference.

They (and WCE) played 12 each at Subi last year. Cant see the difference except one extra "home" game v Gold Coast cos of the Comm Games

Considering how close the margin was we missed out playing finals in 2016 , any points game on your home patch is massive .

Of course the Dogs get easier double ups - the only top 6 team they play twice is the Eagles who everyone knows will be down the ladder next year.

Ours isnt too bad - could be better, but could be worse.

It also means there is a chance that we do not host an Adelaide team at Etihad for the fourth consecutive season.

We could also not travel to Adelaide at all. Hmmm.
I know we haven't played them here in a while but given we have to play interstate, Adelaide is the best road trip surely?

Of our double ups against the top 6 teams I am hoping for west coast and Richmond (if we get 2)

Of the bottom I'm hoping for norf (and norf again of we have to double up!)

Looks like Head Office read (most of) my post

Could we a lot worse by the looks.of that sheet, depending on where tgeyre all played obviously. I like the idea of getting Richmond early.

One good thing about these double ups is we would get at least three MCG games. Hopefully one of them is earlier in the season than round 21 :mad:

Also I'm glad we got Richmond and he's instead of Adelaide Sydney port or Geelong twice. Good chance to win two out if those four whereas I don't think we'd beat any of those other ones except maybe port at Etihad.

Two cracks at north is great too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One good thing about these double ups is we would get at least three MCG games. Hopefully one of them is earlier in the season than round 21 :mad:

Also I'm glad we got Richmond and he's instead of Adelaide Sydney port or Geelong twice. Good chance to win two out if those four whereas I don't think we'd beat any of those other ones except maybe port at Etihad.

Two cracks at north is great too.
I imagine we will play one of the games against the Hawks down in Tassie, so only 2 MCG games guaranteed.

I imagine we will play one of the games against the Hawks down in Tassie, so only 2 MCG games guaranteed.
Yeah I was thinking about that and I agree.

We should be 2-0 next year. Next year we need to win all the games we should win and not lose any of them. Then try and pinch a few games we shouldn't win and hopefully make finals.

We still get precious Friday FTA exposure....of which I fear we will get bugger all next year

PS..that piece of paper is most likely just the ramblings of a fan with too much time on their hands. Dont know why people are paying so much credence to it
Will good Friday be fta? I don't think it was this year?

Re your ps - most likely that is true but he's done a decent job. It could quite feasibly be correct.

Don't mind our fixture so far. Brisi is good round 1 for morale (I hope) and our double ups could be worse - beat both tigs and gws at etihad this year and hawks by 60+.

But the killer is dogs (similar to us battling for the finals spot eagles open up) have eagles and carlton and we get tigs and gws.... That is a huge swing.

North, which makes the decision even more puzzling. Feel sorry for the Dogs on this one

North have been the pioneers for GF footy for years. Bulldogs only got it last year cos of their flag. AFL werent happy with only 42000, Dogs have a poorer year, so we get it. We HAVE to fill the joint. No excuses about North not pulling a crowd. Its unfortunate crowd-wise North are currently where they are, but that shouldnt top Saints fans filling the GA areas to the max. We dont..the AFL will tut tut about little Clubs who cant even fill Etihad..and give it to Carlton or Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back