2018 Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Some highlights of Tony’s speech.

1) Tony not wearing orange trousers - always a good sign
2) New sponsors will be coming on board during the year
3) We’re being encouraged to watch AFL X at Chairman Tony’s “other home” Allianz
4) We welcome ex Carlton and Collingwood players for warm weather and culture

2018 is the year of the Giants!

(The President of Netball NSW is now talking and called Leon Cameron “Cameron” :eek:)

The players from all three teams came in, in number order. We’re in an ampitheatre and the players came down four aisles so there’s a bit of mingling. That said, the AFLM are mainly in the far left and middle sections and the AFLW and netballers are in the immediate left and right with a few guys in the right bay.

Ichabod Noodle, young master and I are sitting immediately behind AFLW players Cora Staunton, Maddy Collier and Britt Tully

54B1EE5B-43FA-4C6D-A2CC-D0A34376D5C2.jpeg Time to interview the Coaches.

Much has been said of Al McConnell being the first employee. When asked if he would have imagined the Club having an AFLW and Netball team he replied “I never imagined I’d be senior coach of one of them”

Leon will pick runners not talls for AFLX.

When asked how we’ll go on Saturday, Al says “we’ll do OK”

“We’ve got a mum whose been told she’s too old and too slow. A young Muslim girl trying to find her way in a man’s world. Girls coming from Collingwood. Someone who’s come across the world, the most decorated lady in her sport, tries to learn a new game in eight weeks....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would help if it was on a Saturday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
100% Pretty sure we said similar last year, so many club events are on at times when getting there is very difficult for working people

Not just a Saturday, but even if they wanted to have it on a week day, some time after 5.30 mix&mingle 6.30 formalities, would be a good idea at the very least.

I was lucky, able to knock off work a little bit early to get there but it was still a struggle. I can understand why numbers weren’t huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back