Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if its been put up elsewhere but full results. Doesn't appear to be any major upsets there.

A Malaysia v Saudi Arabia (Suspended after crowd trouble with Saudi Arabia winning 2-1 late in the match).
A Palestine 0-0 UAE
B Bangladesh 0-4 Jordan
B Tajikistan 0-3 Australia
C Maldives 0-3 China
C Hong Kong 2-3 Qatar
D Guam 0-0 Oman
D India 0-3 Iran
E Cambodia 0-6 Syria
E Afghanistan 0-6 Japan
F Taiwan 1-2 Vietnam
F Thailand 2-2 Iraq
G Laos 0-2 Kuwait
G Lebanon 0-3 South Korea
H Philippines 1-5 Uzbekistan
H Yemen 0-4 Bahrain

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...i-juric-for-jordan-clash-20150922-gjsrfk.html

The squad:

Luke Brattan, Nathan Burns, Tim Cahill, Alex Cisak (gk), Jason Davidson, Tarek Elrich, Adam Federici (gk), Eugene Galekovic (gk), Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Ryan McGowan, Matt McKay, James Meredith, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tommy Oar, Tom Rogic, Trent Sainsbury, Matt Spiranovic, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson and Bailey Wright

Meredith the new boy. Funny that I was celebrating his goal and then cursing his own goal over the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Federici was Bournemouth's hero in the league cup I think, with no Ryan or Langerak, might be his best chance to stake a claim both to be Bournemouth's number 1 and to be among the 3 GKs in our best national squad.

Mckay again.

Why even bother, cmon Ange surely there's a few better than him.

Okay here we go.

Love the idea of playing Leckie through the middle.

Burns/Juric are poor.

Would prefer Oar not to be starting, he's average.

Mooy/Rogic/Luongo all starting tho :D

Looking at Ange's XI, Federici is in goas with Mat Ryan injured, the back four is Elrich, Spiranovic, Wright and Elrich. Milligan anchors midfield, ahead of Mooy and Rogic. Leckie is the striker, with Luongo on the right and Tommy Oar on the left.

Looking at Ange's XI, Federici is in goas with Mat Ryan injured, the back four is Elrich, Spiranovic, Wright and Elrich. Milligan anchors midfield, ahead of Mooy and Rogic. Leckie is the striker, with Luongo on the right and Tommy Oar on the left.

Did something to his knee. Think it was 6-8 weeker.

Federici has been in good form.

I rate Sainsbury as clearly superior compared to any other centre half we have.

Is it just me or is the stadium not nearly as intimidating as they're talking it up?

Hope he proves me wrong but just don't feel Oar is up to international level. Would of preferred to see Troisi on and just played more narrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back