Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

My kids have concession tickets because there are no junior tickets for the grand final - I have no concession card to show for them. I picked up their tickets fine last time and expect no problems again.
I’ve still got a concession ticket from when I was a student.... guilty

But haven’t been checked in about 5 years ;)

Used to get asked all the time at turn styles but since the new security measures and bottlenecks getting in they never waste the time anymore

My kids have concession tickets because there are no junior tickets for the grand final - I have no concession card to show for them. I picked up their tickets fine last time and expect no problems again.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my misso will be standing :) , Do you know if you can stand where you like ?
You can stand wherever you like, although your ticket will have a designated area, that is not policed.
I got great advice 2 years ago. Get there when the gate opens if you want a good spot. Or do what I did and just wander around to the Olympic stand at 10.30-11.00 and stand at the fence. Make friends with the people around you so they will hold your spot if you need a toilet break. And maybe even join them for beer shouts.

Oh. Not sure up that end. As far as I know it's impossible to get from one end to the other and you have to go in the gate you're allocated. I'm not sure if they allow any standing up that end. What gate number do you go in?
There is a walkway between the Olympic & Ponsford stands on level 4 that goes behind the MCC.

I’ve never walked through it, but next to the toilets behind Q49 in the Olympic stand, there are some stairs and a sign directing people to the Ponsford Stand.

I had resigned myself to doing stuff in Perth for the GF (same thing as 2 years ago for good luck) but thought I'd give it a crack.

Failed.

At least I'll be bringing good luck lol
Scrap that. Going now thanks to a special someone.

If we lose now my bad guys.

AH ok its double dipping for AFL gold members
I put my barcode number in and it accepted it. By the time I realised it Said allocation was exhausted though so couldn’t get a ticket. I received a text this morning saying I could purchase a ticket from 12 even though I bought tickets on Sunday. Weird! You’ve never been able to double dip before

I put my barcode number in and it accepted it. By the time I realised it Said allocation was exhausted though so couldn’t get a ticket. I received a text this morning saying I could purchase a ticket from 12 even though I bought tickets on Sunday. Weird! You’ve never been able to double dip before
I am worried they would void the tickets, so we didn't get another even though we had friends who missed out.

Oh well, not sure why, but maybe the GWS allocation was so great that they just didn't care. I think it will be an oversight between AFL and Richmond membership dept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to repeat this once again

Blowins asking for tickets your posts will be deleted
Anyone scalping or asking where to get tickets scalped will be deleted.

We love new members but the ones only here for tickets can gtfo

You can stand wherever you like, although your ticket will have a designated area, that is not policed.
I got great advice 2 years ago. Get there when the gate opens if you want a good spot. Or do what I did and just wander around to the Olympic stand at 10.30-11.00 and stand at the fence. Make friends with the people around you so they will hold your spot if you need a toilet break. And maybe even join them for beer shouts.
Haha so smart thanks for the tip !

I secured a ticket standing in M26 (AFL members, which I am not), how can that be?
For standing they issue general admission tickets to AFL area, because all seats are pre-sold. There are no walk up seats available like in the MCC. In the past for GFs AFL members have not taken up all standing tickets every year.
Standing is at the back of seating sections M14-28 on ground level. You can move anywhere in standing. You could also ask the guys on the gate to the punt road end if he'll let you pass through and go down behind the goals for standing.

For standing they issue general admission tickets to AFL area, because all seats are pre-sold. There are no walk up seats available like in the MCC. In the past for GFs AFL members have not taken up all standing tickets every year.
Standing is at the back of seating sections M14-28 on ground level. You can move anywhere in standing. You could also ask the guys on the gate to the punt road end if he'll let you pass through and go down behind the goals for standing.

Okay, sounds excellent, and you can do the same towards the Ponsford stand end I guess? I need to link up my two siblings I bought tickets for in the 7+ consecutive member sale (managed to only get the two single standing tickets separately, couldn't buy a third for myself, missed out!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back