News 2021 AAMI Community Series: Photos & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m feeling like the jumper numbers are a league wide issue.. check out number 17 on josh Bruce from the doggies, it seems a little to the left or maybe it’s just my eyes

No back sponsor for the Dogs looks so clean!

lachie-hunter-of-the-bulldogs-and-james-harmes-of-the-demons-contest-picture-id1305898824

I’m feeling like the jumper numbers are a league wide issue.. check out number 17 on josh Bruce from the doggies, it seems a little to the left or maybe it’s just my eyes

They look weird on Melbourne too. All the 2's look really compressed and thin... (and here's a better look at those hooped socks too)

max-gawn-of-the-demons-speaks-to-his-players-ahead-of-the-afl-series-picture-id1305898605

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a bit of context for PA wearing retails during last week. Apparently their PI Macron gear arrived, sizes and numbers were completely incorrect, so needed to re-order.
same thing happened with castore. Is everyone in europe abnormally small or something

same thing happened with castore. Is everyone in europe abnormally small or something
A lot of those smaller European brands are a size smaller than what you would get here. I think it does have to do with them being generally slimmer.

A lot of those smaller European brands are a size smaller than what you would get here. I think it does have to do with them being generally slimmer.

That's not it, or it shouldn't be.

Sizes and fits change between brands. I remember seeing a video of a player in a room with a bunch of blank samples trying them on and requesting a size. (Hawks I think).

That's not it, or it shouldn't be.

Sizes and fits change between brands. I remember seeing a video of a player in a room with a bunch of blank samples trying them on and requesting a size. (Hawks I think).
I'm pretty sure they put on a size, then get that tailored back to their exact needs

Looks like Zurich added above the number

Looks like the numbers on these jumpers are the standard, fuller size - hopefully that's what we see in the season. St Kilda's in a similar position with waiting for new sponsors too and also had the odd New Balance number font in the pre-season.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they put on a size, then get that tailored back to their exact needs

Aside from maybe a single jumper here and there, I've never known jumpers to be "tailored" to exact needs in the modern era (2000 or so onwards). I know there's been marketing material in the past that suggests as such - but it's not really practical from a manufacturing perspective. Closest I've seen is ISC which offers a few different lengths but you'll find that every Medium Long (say) is the same as another.

Yeah Saints will announce a front sponsor for R1. My understanding is that it'll be sublimated as well, not heat pressed.

Nice little niche market for the unsponsored AAMI guernseys for collectors.

Yeah Saints will announce a front sponsor for R1. My understanding is that it'll be sublimated as well, not heat pressed.

Nice little niche market for the unsponsored AAMI guernseys for collectors.
Any word on who it will be or the industry it is within?

Aside from maybe a single jumper here and there, I've never known jumpers to be "tailored" to exact needs in the modern era (2000 or so onwards). I know there's been marketing material in the past that suggests as such - but it's not really practical from a manufacturing perspective. Closest I've seen is ISC which offers a few different lengths but you'll find that every Medium Long (say) is the same as another.

I feel like I recall Star making a big song and dance about doing tailored jumpers when they started with Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back