Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How's Baldwin looking? Isn't he a round 1 chance?

More of a chance getting free cable 😀

200.gif
the most amazing thing ever GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feedback Gold Coast Supporters

View attachment 1328791
Highly rated by your man Knightmare in all the draft talk last year.

Was seen as a defensive prospect initially but played inside mid as well last year. Wouldn't expect to see him early, but he may well get games this season. Would be a good shout if you wanted a $102k D/M donut as the Suns won't have many early games and he could play later in the season.

Will struggle to play as an inside mid this year I suspect with a lot ahead of him, but might get a go in defense. KM might be able to shed more light on him?

Was seen as a defensive prospect initially but played inside mid as well last year. Wouldn't expect to see him early, but he may well get games this season. Would be a good shout if you wanted a $102k D/M donut as the Suns won't have many early games and he could play later in the season.

Will struggle to play as an inside mid this year I suspect with a lot ahead of him, but might get a go in defense. KM might be able to shed more light on him?
I watched the interview with Uwland on "into the fire" .....he said his speed is good, however he needs to work on his 2km timie trial .....so no mid time this year, but could feature off HBF

Sounds like a Greenwood type player, tackles hard and contested

I watched the interview with Uwland on "into the fire" .....he said his speed is good, however he needs to work on his 2km timie trial .....so no mid time this year, but could feature off HBF

Sounds like a Greenwood type player, tackles hard and contested
Yeah and there is a spot open in the mid's for that player. Was going to be Bowes, suspect Davies might get it.

Uwland is a weapon.

He has that kind of power to him where there is that bit of Dusty/Stringer/De Goey. Very heavy impact per possession. He'll win it at stoppages, burst through there, break tackles at speed and fend off at will.

Penetrating and damaging kick. Can play mid/fwd/back.

I wasn't kidding around when I included Uwland at #18 in my November Power Rankings on ESPN.

He's one of those draft sleepers who I'm not sure would have appeared on anyone's else's draft boards or even extended draft boards before he joined Gold Coast, but seeing him in the NAB League and VFL, he's one of those guys where you watch him play and just smile.

He'll need to develop his endurance if he wants to become a midfielder at AFL level and it's unclear whether he plays this year, but I wouldn't discount it.

Last edited:
Uwland is a weapon.

He has that kind of power to him where there is that bit of Dusty/Stringer/De Goey. Very heavy impact per possession. He'll win it at stoppages, burst through there, break tackles at speed and fend off at will.

Penetrating and damaging kick. Can play mid/fwd/back.

I wasn't kidding around when I included Uwland at #18 in my November Power Rankings on ESPN.

He's one of those draft sleepers who I'm not sure would have appeared on anyone's else's draft boards or even extended draft boards before he joined Gold Coast, but seeing him in the NAB League and VFL, he's one of those guys where you watch him play and just smile.

He'll need to develop his endurance if he wants to become a midfielder at AFL level and it's unclear whether he plays this year, but I wouldn't discount it.
Thanks for that, hope he develops into a top player. Need a couple of the academy picks to turn into stars.

I know someone connected to Sam, and he reckons this:

1. Port are putting anyone who gets covid through a six-week process before they fully return to training;

2. Quite a few Port players have had covid and had their preseasons interrupted by this six-week process;

3. This has put Sam in front of quite a few in terms of preparation, and very likely to debut in Round 1.

I've got him at F8, doing the old switcheroo with Kiddy C at D6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back