Autopsy 2022 Round 14 Slow starting Blues have disappointing loss

Who played well for the Blues in our round 14 match vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the play on, handball forward game has served us well this year, but... the Tigers are the gold standard of chaos ball, move it on all all costs.

I felt we played into their hands tonight.

Scoreboard probably flattered us in the end.

Sam Durdin looked good, I hope it is only 1-2 week injury, looks like a good find.

Great effort overall by the team. Thought the umpires were bog avg today.

I’d like to see Honey come in soon, think we need him more than Martin who goes missing too often

Dumb. Stupid. Footy.

Bent over by umpires who consistently fall for their blatant thuggery.

Hopefully Durdin is okay.

Move onto the next very quickly.

Umpires killed us from the first minute to the last. Some genuinely mind-boggling calls. Zero consistency. Prior opportunity in a wet game was thrown right out the window for our guys.

We’re a better side than Richmond even with half our side out but we just took too long to adapt to wet conditions.

Boyd was absolutely brilliant tonight. We’ve found another one.

Bad way to lose. Punch drunk in the first half and unsuccessfully played catch up from there. Drop back to the pack in the 8 and tough games ahead.

A list demographics is along way off
We have list full a similar players and not enough depth in particular areas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we have injuries but I feel that's the worst loss for the year

Lost it playing dumb dumb football.

Still nearly good enough to get there.

Not looking forward to the next fortnight.
Agree, not sure they were that great in the first half, we just played dumb footy and had zero structure in the fwd line.

They were harder and better and way cleaner that first QTR but FMD we just played dumb dry weather footy

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Our first quarter and a half was abysmal. Our second half was much better. In the end we were killed off by a score review.

But we play a smarter first quarter and we win that game (also would have helped if we’d kicked straight early).

Shout out to Boyd who was terrific. So was Plow. And while Young conceded 3 on Lynch, he also tightened up on him in the second half.

I know Durds made a couple of mistakes that led to goals, but actually he was good in the air. Hopefully his knee is precautionary though knowing our luck he will be out for eight weeks.

Crippa played his heart out. So did Walsh. So did Hewett. They missed their buddy Cezz.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hard to believe they've made me hate them more today than I already did yesterday...

What an unlikeable team the Tigers are..

We didn't deserve to win in the end but it was hard to get any momentum when everything seems to be going against us..

I was just hoping we could get over the line to see Bolton get slaughtered in the media.. But now it will just get brushed over..
Doing it to Docherty made me see red too. ..

Do we know what happened to Durdin? Any chance they just fudged it to get the sub on?

That's what I'm hoping.

Needed goals when he came off and knew if they goaled it was over anyway.

He sat looking fine on the bench.

Fingers crossed.

Back