Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

<side rant>

The thing people generally don't understand about Hobart is that it is actually a beach culture down here.

Most households have either a kayak, fishing boat, sailing boat, paddle board ... lots of fishing, sailing, swimming, surfing.

Add in the great walks and hikes in real wilderness, some of the best golf courses in Australia, great local food and drink, strong art community, and a real work-life balance thing. It's not too bad.

Bring in some AFL every other week with our own team in a new flashy stadium, just another tick on the list :)

e3fbac34e35257dabdbb538a39f58540

e9567dae9160411bce73cd79dd6aa4fd

</side rant>
The vibe of the Hobart city centre next to its port with its thriving arts culture makes Adelaide look timid and as boring as bat poo. Highly recommend the Henry Jones Art Hotel in the old IXL jam factory on the waterfront as a truly magnificent place to stay.

If the Crows play a new Tassie team in a new Hobart Stadium then I’ll happily drop $2-3K for a double long weekend in Australia’s most interesting small city.

Since when have all close friends been of the same personality?
It's an outsiders guess. Maybe personalities is the wrong word. Let's just say Thomas looks like the type who would love to be on the gold coast and Jones back in Tasmania.

Is there any substance that they are close friends other than the fact that they are both from Tasmania?

It's an outsiders guess. Maybe personalities is the wrong word. Let's just say Thomas looks like the type who would love to be on the gold coast and Jones back in Tasmania.

Is there any substance that they are close friends other than the fact that they are both from Tasmania?
“Me and Chayce have been friends and played with the Tassie Mariners and Allies, he’s a good mate and I’ve known him almost all my life,” Thomas said.

“So I’m over the moon for him and excited for him.”

You can open the roof … ?

haha i just assumed that was the plan.
is the design a perm roof?

ohhh i think I get what you meant...

I mean if its raining in hobart, they could continue play under the roof. I'm just not sure test rules would allow it.

also...derrpp from me. Not sure grass would grow under a perm roof haha

I mean if its raining in hobart, they could continue play under the roof. I'm just not sure test rules would allow it.

Don't need sun to grow grass.

:oops:

I mean, there are levels .... then there is European Football.

Also, doesn't rain much in Hobart. Second driest capital city after Adelaide :)

30k roofed stadium in Hobart would be incredible.
I haven't been but it looks like a great place. It would be so good to be a resident there right now with this on the horizon. imagine the excitement.
Hobart is a fantastic place to visit.

Can't understand why it gets the hate to be honest.

I dunno, I had a mate, Dave, who grew grass under his roof...just need the right lighting apparently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't matter if we outbig port... he has said port Adelaide.

Gotta love AFL btw...JHF basically a free agent after 1 year of service

Pretty much. The AFL allowed players more and more power to go to where they want, when they want, and now they have the number 1 draft pick wanting to go home after 1 year.

They wouldn't allow salary cap dumping, now they have. They allowed top teams academy players then backflipped when it suited them. The FA compensation gets gamed & abused. They get rid of priority picks, then hand them to Brisbane, Carlton, GC & North as they please when they please. Some of those clubs use those picks totally irresonibly and continue to do so - yeah nah no worries. They keep the PSD, even though it has been abused to allow top players to leave for peanuts. Fairness and integrity has left the trade & draft period

I love me a baseless rumour from some guy.
I'm not sure which part is more ridiculous.

That they are suggesting we can outbid Port with a top 20 pick for last year's #1, or that we'd get a top 20 pick for ROB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back