FTA-TV 2022-Top 5 Tv shows

Remove this Banner Ad

1. We Own This City
2. The Rehearsal
3. The Bear

That’s all I saw from 2022. All were great though.

Prefer watching shows that have been completed so I know they don’t turn to s**t.

Edit: oh and Better Call Saul which I'd put 3rd and Stranger Things in 4th.

Last edited:

1. Better Call Saul- for those that stayed the journey after its commencement did not meet the pace of BB, the pay off came with a final season of excellent performances, cinematography and story telling.

2. Andor- a grown up Star Wars with the episode of the guerilla attack to steal the $$ one of the most tense episodes of the year in tv, through to the heart break of the great escape.

3. Dhamer- who would have thought this tv with its macabre storyline could emotionally move us to the extent that it? The opening episode edge of your seat through to wishing against hope that you know who would not renter the Apartment.

4. House of Dragon- another prequel suffering big sister comparisons in the early episodes, with the final three delivering a perfect entry point to the next bloody seasons.

5. Colin from Accounts - don’t let the title put you off. An Australian romance comedy that has two likeable leads and supporting cast. Some genuine laughs throughout this sleeper.

Honourable mention-

Hard to leave out Stranger Things. The episode that saw Kate Bush make millions was unexpectedly emotionally challenging and the talk of water coolers when people caught up with it.

There's a lot shows I'm yet to see which I'm sure would make the list, so only going by what I've seen in no specific order;

Ozark - Season 4, Incredibly good acting, having young characters played by people who can act well makes a big difference for me, and the amount of awards for this show speaks for itself. Strong finish to the series.

Severance - Didn't slow down where other shows can. Unique storyline, well executed, good build-up to the finale, this was the show I found the hardest not to binge episodes.

Black Bird - Mini series, based on a true story which makes it all the more intriguing. Great acting and has that darkness to it which is incredibly captivating.

Better Call Saul - Season 6, Probably the most anticipated show of the year. Already had such a high bar in all areas and the final season didn't disappoint.

House of The Dragon - If you've seen GoT then this must've tickled your fancy. The visuals, dragons, the acting (again the young actors actually being decent makes a big difference), and a show that's not afraid to kill off significant characters gets my tick of approval.

Last edited:
White Lotus
Yellowjackets (i think it was this year)
Colin From Accounts
Bad Sisters
2nd Season of Upright even though it wasnt as good as the 1st season

Biggest disappointment . What We Do In the Shadows season 4. It was borderline unwatchable after 3 seasons of 10/10s .

Like Ocha905 I don't watch much current tv as it drops, this is all I saw:

4.5/5
Yellowjackets S1

4/5
Better Call Saul S6

3.5/5
Gaslit (mini)

3/5
The Gilded Age S1
True Colours (mini)
Australian Survivor: Blood v Water S9

Currently watching: Billions (S6)
Queue: Raised by Wolves (S2), Barry (S3), We Own This City

Last edited:
Mythic Quest
Yellowjackets
Severance
The Rehearsal
Ozark

Still need to watch The Bear and as much as I cbf it sounds like I need to watch Stranger Things and White Lotus S2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Better Call Saul
2. Tokyo Vice
3. Andor
4. HOTD
5. Black Bird

Have not watched Succession, Yellowstone, 1923, The White Lotus or Welcome to Wrexham but aim to knock them over soon

1. Better Call Saul
  2. The Bear
  3. Abbott Elementary
  4. Under the Banner of Heaven
  5. Queer Eye
  6. Barry
  7. Upload
  8. Only Murders in the Building
  9. Mythic Quest
  10. Wednesday
I watched The Bear but I don't understand the hype around it?

By no means was it terrible, but I don't see why people are constantly raving about it?

I watched The Bear but I don't understand the hype around it?

By no means was it terrible, but I don't see why people are constantly raving about it?
I get that. After the first episode I thought “that was neat, but eh”.

I don’t think it’s a masterpiece and I don’t think anything about it is totally original. But across the entire season, I got fully caught up in the story, of wanting to see the shitty restaurant become a success, and of wanting this prodigy to get his s**t together. I also liked some of the supporting characters which helped.

Then you throw in the extended takes throughout and the manic score going on in the background, and the occasional food pr0n.

I finished watching and felt like I’d had a different viewing experience, that I’d followed a story I wanted to, and enjoyed some of the filmmaking aspects.

I understand when people have said to me that they don’t like it; I don’t think it’s one of those shows that is objectively good (eg True Detective season 1), but I really enjoyed it.

Abbott Elementary?

Watched the pilot and thought it was cringey but it’s getting rave reviews/credits

Why should I persist?
I really enjoy it; I think it’s pretty underrated.

It’s more SuperStore than The Office, but it’s entertaining.

1. Better Call Saul
2. From (I harp on about it but people here need to get on this)
3. Stranger Things
4. Reacher

About to watch Ozark, heard good things.

In no particular order:

Super Pumped
Stranger Things
The Bear
Only Murders in the Building
Winning Time (not sure if this falls into the cut off for this year but saw it this year)
War of the Worlds Season 3
Tokyo Vice
Reacher

Disappointments:
Ozark, loved every season, the ending disappointed
We Own This City, watched it on a lot of plane trips, didn't amaze me.

In no particular order:

Super Pumped
Stranger Things
The Bear
Only Murders in the Building
Winning Time (not sure if this falls into the cut off for this year but saw it this year)
War of the Worlds Season 3
Tokyo Vice
Reacher

Disappointments:
Ozark, loved every season, the ending disappointed
We Own This City, watched it on a lot of plane trips, didn't amaze me.
WOTC was amazing IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back