Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to do it off one week when the rest have been 50s and 60s. At least Greenwood has a decent 3 weeks behind him with a solid role

I reckon I’ll be happy to pay 600 next week for Keays to have another look this week. Can be a 100+ guy with full time midfield and is still down nearly 300k.

It's extremely risky and worth another look. I'm going early to try and make up some ground plus getting him for 2 weeks before his bye. Should lay a few tackles tonight in Darwin. Though he likely tags my other trade in Rowell so could be a lose lose for me.

Currently have Ford coming in as my third trade, but I think based on how today's gone it's incredibly unlikely I'll benefit from his score - as I reckon I'll drop at least one 66/68 this week.

With that in mind, would it be the 'smart play' to edit Ford's inbound trade to someone like a Fyfe or a Matt Johnson a week early to give me the extra number for next week/the byes I actually need cover for, instead of bring Ford in when his score won't help this week, and I'm a bit heavy on his bye? Esp given Ford is a bit of a risk, anyway?

Currently have Ford coming in as my third trade, but I think based on how today's gone it's incredibly unlikely I'll benefit from his score - as I reckon I'll drop at least one 66/68 this week.

With that in mind, would it be the 'smart play' to edit Ford's inbound trade to someone like a Fyfe or a Matt Johnson a week early to give me the extra number for next week/the byes I actually need cover for, instead of bring Ford in when his score won't help this week, and I'm a bit heavy on his bye? Esp given Ford is a bit of a risk, anyway?

Yes

Cheers, needed a second opinion in case it was a stupid brain wave.

Other option I could do is Hobbs in place of Ford, who might be more useful next week than Ford/be more likely to dislodge a 70 this week. And due to the switching of trades, now have (inc ford) 11 playing this week on the final bye & 6 on the third bye, switching those two would tilt it to 10/7. But I'd lose any cash banked to get Bray/Serong next week to get Hobbs.

Cheers, needed a second opinion in case it was a stupid brain wave.

Other option I could do is Hobbs in place of Ford, who might be more useful next week than Ford/be more likely to dislodge a 70 this week. And due to the switching of trades, now have (inc ford) 11 playing this week on the final bye & 6 on the third bye, switching those two would tilt it to 10/7. But I'd lose any cash banked to get Bray/Serong next week to get Hobbs.

I think if someone's score isn't going to count this week then you're much better off bringing in someone who will play the next three as you're 'gaining' another shot at a score being counted in the week that your current player (Ford) has their bye anyway.

EDIT: You've actually got me thinking about Fahey and whether I get Johnson (hoping he stays in the team), since even if I did that I'd still have Cinc and Fio probably drop out, whereas if I keep Fahey it just means it's likely Cinc, Fio and Fahey dropping out.

I can’t see how Johnson doesn’t stay in the side. O’Meara is out, and he looks so good for them. Has to. Surely.

It's 149k more than Fahey though so takes away a lot of flexibility next week. Tough call.

Now Fahey confirmed sub makes me want to turn ford into him for the cash grab. Ffs.

I guess with the breakeven being high from last week can always cash grab gun next week, and burn a useless trade on ford out if he sucks, right?

Not usually a fan of picking up mid pricers during the season for this exact reason. Picked the only one that didn’t work out in Greenwood (you’d think the safest in terms of role) whilst guys like Keays and Hobbs have been great picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back