2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 24 Australia v Netherlands 25/10 1900hrs @ Arun Jaitley Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great by maxi

will be interesting to see if head comes back next match against the kiwis

I am assuming Stoinis will come back for greenie

Is it going to be Smith or Marnus to drop out ?

Got a feeling they might keep head on ice for another game and bring him back against the poms

Gut says if he was going to play last night you play Trav next game he’ll need time in the middle.

Marnus drops out unless the gamble with Marsh bowling

Bats in the last few overs where he is expected to play the big shots.Personally I would rather see him bat higher in the order,say come in about the 20 over mark and play normal cricket shots and then hit out in the last 10.You also forget his all round talent with the ball and his fielding.Love to see him play test cricket again but looks like those days are over because he hardly gets a chance to play red ball cricket.
Yeah...but when we generally put him up the order he gets out like last game first ball duck so happy to keep him where he is (don't know the stats for him batting up the order) but thats the vibe i get from him

What I did like last night Voice was at the start of his innings he was playing very well straight and then the funky shots started....I liked that a lot..hopefully continues with it

Gut says if he was going to play last night you play Trav next game he’ll need time in the middle.

Marnus drops out unless the gamble with Marsh bowling

yeah just think after such a dominant performance they will keep the team the same except for greenie

going to be interesting to see what they do

Last edited:

yeah just think after such a dominant performance the will keep the team the same except for greenie

going to be interesting to see what they do

Green for Stoinis is a given. Still need to fit Travis in somewhere

This would have to be the stupidest, ill-informed post on this entire site surely. Have an actual look at his actual career look at who the big guns actually are, and how well he does against them. And the word is "isn't".
What are you on about. NZ and South Africa ain't quality opposition.

NZ have made the last 2 ODI WC Finals basically during Maxwell's ODI Career Span.

South Africa have always had decent bowling attacks.

I stated facts Maxwell averages 9 against New Zealand in ODI Cricket - 98 runs from 11 innings with 1 not out

Against South Africa he has scored 126 runs 13 innings in ODI cricket. And averages less then 10.

His record against India & England is decent fair enough - helps that most ODI's in India are on Highways.

I will give him his dues he played well in 2015 WC.

We need him to deliver come semi-finals and finals he is our X-Factor.

It was a great knock last night no doubt. But spare me the BS that he has delivered constantly against quality oppositon with his talent.

Depending on the conditions, I don't mind the idea of getting 10 overs out of Maxwell and Head (and Labuschagne if absolutely required). Shame that Marsh doesn't appear to be able to bowl, because that would be a gamechanger as far as balance goes.

Head, Warner, Marsh, Smith, Maxwell, Labuschagne, Inglis, Cummins, Starc, Zampa, Hazlewood

That's a pretty well-balanced XI for mine. Order can change depending on the match situation.

More likely that Labs gets dropped for Head and Stoinis comes in for Green, but I'd be leaning towards keeping Marn and dropping Smith.

Depending on the conditions, I don't mind the idea of getting 10 overs out of Maxwell and Head (and Labuschagne if absolutely required). Shame that Marsh doesn't appear to be able to bowl, because that would be a gamechanger as far as balance goes.

Head, Warner, Marsh, Smith, Maxwell, Labuschagne, Inglis, Cummins, Starc, Zampa, Hazlewood

That's a pretty well-balanced XI for mine. Order can change depending on the match situation.

More likely that Labs gets dropped for Head and Stoinis comes in for Green, but I'd be leaning towards keeping Marn and dropping Smith.
Marsh bowled 4 overs and took 2 wickets last night.

Marsh bowled 4 overs and took 2 wickets last night.
That's huge. My bad, I went to sleep after our innings and only skimmed the result.

I reckon Maxwell, Marsh, and Head can easily cover the 10 extra overs required. For better or worse, I imagine Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, and Zampa will more than likely bowl 40 overs jn the majority of games regardless.

Green for Stoinis is a given. Still need to fit Travis in somewhere

Neither is offering anything at this point. Green is a far better player but simply lacks confidence now. Needs to go back to WA and play shield cricket. Stoines needs to go and play club cricket as he is not good enough to play for WA

You still have to do it and he did it in this game. Be nice however if he could produce against some of the big boys.

Either way people complain

He gets a blob we barely make 300 last night

The most pleasing thing wasn't the last bit it was the fact he gave himself a few balls to get in we all know he has the funky shots but boy jeez he needs to not think first ball should go for six. That was the most pleasing thing.

That's huge. My bad, I went to sleep after our innings and only skimmed the result.

I reckon Maxwell, Marsh, and Head can easily cover the 10 extra overs required. For better or worse, I imagine Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, and Zampa will more than likely bowl 40 overs jn the majority of games regardless.

Stoinis surely plays too, the bloke has to bowl if he's in the side.

Neither is offering anything at this point. Green is a far better player but simply lacks confidence now. Needs to go back to WA and play shield cricket. Stoines needs to go and play club cricket as he is not good enough to play for WA

I agree with you but in this squad it's what we are stuck with. We missed a trick not picking Turner, literally would be the perfect 6 in these conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoinis surely plays too, the bloke has to bowl if he's in the side.
I think you can only justify selecting him for his bowling at this point, and is it really worth it?

He was good against Pakistan, but otherwise he's been astoundingly average with both the bat and ball for years now.

Screenshot_20231026_110525_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231026_110558_Chrome.jpg

NZ have made the last 2 ODI WC Finals basically during Maxwell's ODI Career Span.

I stated facts Maxwell averages 9 against New Zealand in ODI Cricket - 98 runs from 11 innings with 1 not out

Against South Africa he has scored 126 runs 13 innings in ODI cricket. And averages less then 10.

His record against India & England is decent fair enough - helps that most ODI's in India are on Highways.

It was a great knock last night no doubt. But spare me the BS that he has delivered constantly against quality oppositon with his talent.
You cite the two teams that have never won an international world tournament as the big guns. Laughable. Look at how he performs against England and India.

I think you can only justify selecting him for his bowling at this point, and is it really worth it?

He was good against Pakistan, but otherwise he's been astoundingly average with both the bat and ball for years now.

View attachment 1840075
View attachment 1840076

I can’t stand the bloke but in these conditions we need his bowling was a big reason we put the brakes on Pakistan. I’d personally play Abbott over Hazelwood but they won’t

I like this line up in that exact batting order as well...Deeper batting & more than enough 5th/6th bowling options with Marsh returning to action last night...I think the selectors will seriously consider this team.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Either way people complain

He gets a blob we barely make 300 last night

The most pleasing thing wasn't the last bit it was the fact he gave himself a few balls to get in we all know he has the funky shots but boy jeez he needs to not think first ball should go for six. That was the most pleasing thing.

Bolded bit is spot on and thats the frustrating thing, he can score so fast and it does my head in why he doesn't just take a look for a couple of overs. We both know however it's who he is and yesterday was an anomoly probably.

Bolded bit is spot on and thats the frustrating thing, he can score so fast and it does my head in why he doesn't just take a look for a couple of overs. We both know however it's who he is and yesterday was an anomoly probably.

The frustrating is if he gives himself let’s say 4-5 balls he’ll catch it up

Lolwut?

It's a career, not an identity. Next you'll be telling me that you want Schultz drawn and quartered for leaving Fremantle.

Ah… so representing a country is the same as playing for a club… so you’d be happy if the best West Indies and Sri Lankan players decided to play for England and India next year?

Definitely a “lolwut” take.

Where did I say anything about players being punished? Did you even read the post you’re complaining about? 😂

At this tournament in isolation - Maxwell gets picked as a frontline bowler.

I like that they tried Marsh last night - gives us the option of not picking Stoinis/Green. My main concern though is despit the figures being ok - Marsh didn't bowl very well.

In saying that - Head may give us a bowling option as well.

And I know I am in the minority here - but in India - I like Labuschagne in the side (over Green and Stoinis) - if we get off to a flyer he can slide down to 7 or 8.

But if we get into early strife - he can set a platform.

I do like the fact we are being proactive with our batting order.

So who do you think out of the Aussies has delivered consistently in 1 day cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back