2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 40 England v Netherlands 8/11 1900hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

In chases like this , its no good plodding around in the first 10 and leaving it all down to the middle order to chase it down. Dutch will learn from it but u shouldnt be defending in the first 10 like that. Sets a bad omen for the rest of the innings.

In chases like this , its no good plodding around in the first 10 and leaving it all down to the middle order to chase it down. Dutch will learn from it but u shouldnt be defending in the first 10 like that. Sets a bad omen for the rest of the innings.
It was ridiculous. Fancy settling for 39 runs in the first power play, given the score they were chasing and the context of the tournament. If they hadn't learned that lesson well before today I have little faith they are going to learn it moving forward.

It was ridiculous. Fancy settling for 39 runs in the first power play, given the score they were chasing and the context of the tournament. If they hadn't learned that lesson well before today I have little faith they are going to learn it moving forward.
I mean there is a difference in saying 'they have no talent' and 'they had no intent'. They actually can whack the ball . All a mindset thing. Max O'Dowd, Barresi and Ackermann never looked like it and were thinking about Amsterdam or when they would be leaving India.

Dutch have India on Sunday, they should be looking to come out and whack their opening bowlers in that first 10 overs. Lets see if they will learn.

Because one thing is for sure, if you cant score 4.5-6 an over with the field up on a good batting wicket, its highly unlikely you will be scoring quick runs against the number 1 spinning attack in the middle overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great game for the neutral one must say. If Dutch want more prime time games against better nations, need to be giving more tactically better games than that.

Feel a bit for the fans at the ground having to watch that Dutch with the bat. Lacked direction and game awareness. Even the commentators were struggling to mince words during that opening 20 overs with the Dutch.

Had the Dutch got 179 bowled out inside 30 overs= no complains from me. But you arent going to chase 195+ on the backend in the last 20 overs here.

Disappointing batting effort from the Dutch.

I didn't expect them to get the 340 they needed to win but I thought they would have got closer than they did.

They have now replaced England at the bottom of the table and they will probably stay there with their last game against India.

Disappointing batting effort from the Dutch.

I didn't expect them to get the 340 they needed to win but I thought they would have got closer than they did.

They have now replaced England at the bottom of the table and they will probably stay there with their last game against India.

'There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.'

How important is the England v Pakistan game now? If England win, they qualify to play in the ICC Champions Trophy, and the ICC would badly want England involved for TV rights and streaming reasons.

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

How important is the England v Pakistan game now? If England win, they qualify to play in the ICC Champions Trophy, and the ICC would badly want England involved for TV rights and streaming reasons.

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app
England have probably got 7th or 8th now which is good enough to qualify.

Dutch will almost certainly finish last.

Bangladesh or Sri Lanka would need to win either of their last games. If the Sri Lanka game is washed out, than that pushes England at worst to 8th spot.

He's like 39 and been around forever, maybe that has something to do with the criticism. An experienced player should know the situation better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back