2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 36 England v Australia 4/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modhi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking back now, winning the Ashes would have been a nice full stop for what has been a pretty decent era of English cricket which makes denying them that even sweeter.

Yep. Good to send em packing.

eddiesmith throwing his toys out of the cot makes it even sweeter, truth be told.

Also eagerly awaiting PhatBoy And his thoughts on proceedings.

Haha. Those days are long gone and forgotten.

England are getting what they deserved. And it is great to see.

It says a lot about your sad and pathetic life that you have to get joy from other teams losing but if that’s what works for you, good luck.

Me, I get joy from success and knowing the last 2 visits to the mighty MCG were to see England win the World Cup and I got a photo with Jos and the trophy, and to see Collingwood win the AFL premiership so my life’s fantastic enjoying success. Not winning a World Cup in India is hardly a disaster, but so happy England can bring you so much joy you’ll never get from seeing your teams actually win anything.

The Scorchers have had 64 players in their history. Players with a better batting average and strike rate for the Scorchers than Liam Livingstone:

Tim Bresnan (3 innings)
Laurie Evans
Craig Simmons
Herschelle Gibbs

That's it.

He also has the 2nd best bowling average in the history of the Scorchers.
I always rated Livingstone's time at the Scorchers, if anything, I've been surprised that he hasn't been able to replicate it at international level. That said, we opened with him, whereas England are throwing him in at 7 where he generally has to throw the bat from ball one.

Not winning a World Cup in India is hardly a disaster, but so happy England can bring you so much joy you’ll never get from seeing your teams actually win anything.
'Not winning a world cup' is underselling it a bit there. The joy comes from seeing them constantly mouthing off before almost literally shitting their pants in every game.

Also yeah, none of us have ever seen Australia win anything at cricket. We can only dream..

It says a lot about your sad and pathetic life that you have to get joy from other teams losing but if that’s what works for you, good luck.

Me, I get joy from success and knowing the last 2 visits to the mighty MCG were to see England win the World Cup and I got a photo with Jos and the trophy, and to see Collingwood win the AFL premiership so my life’s fantastic enjoying success. Not winning a World Cup in India is hardly a disaster, but so happy England can bring you so much joy you’ll never get from seeing your teams actually win anything.

You've been running your mouth on these boards since at least 2005 mate. Pretty pathetic to loiter on a cricket forum for near on 20 years....dishing out trash talk for a fair majority of that time - intentionally stirring up the aussie fans. All of a sudden, you can't take it.

Keep living your life through your sporting teams champ.

Let's hope England qualify for the champions trophy. We all need a good laugh.

Yep. Good to send em packing.

eddiesmith throwing his toys out of the cot makes it even sweeter, truth be told.

Also eagerly awaiting PhatBoy And his thoughts on proceedings.

I don’t really have any beyond just being very surprised at how quickly England have become so garbage: I thought they were India’s biggest rival for this tournament as they had the firepower to pressure them with the bat. That spot has been taken by SA (bad as they were last night) and England look clueless. I think they just expected that they could play however they wanted and it would just happen. Their squad has some silly selections in it.

I don’t really have any beyond just being very surprised at how quickly England have become so garbage: I thought they were India’s biggest rival for this tournament as they had the firepower to pressure them with the bat. That spot has been taken by SA (bad as they were last night) and England look clueless. I think they just expected that they could play however they wanted and it would just happen. Their squad has some silly selections in it.
None more so than Stokes. Made the decision to come out of ODI retirement when he was clearly not 100% fit.

I read today that he is going in for surgery shortly.

Pretty selfish decision IMHO.

He doesn't care about the cricket anymore.
He's gone ballistic on X due to the controversy in the Arsenal - Newcastle EPL game (he is an Arsenal fan).

Have a look online at the incident.

Actually he probably has a reason to gripe - but it still fun to watch him melt and be sourpuss.

None more so than Stokes. Made the decision to come out of ODI retirement when he was clearly not 100% fit.

I read today that he is going in for surgery shortly.

Pretty selfish decision IMHO.
England kept asking for him to come back.
Hard to say no I guess when it's a WC and your team is one of the favourites.

More unusual was Harry Brook not being in the original squad.
Then being added and not getting a game in front of Livingstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've been running your mouth on these boards since at least 2005 mate. Pretty pathetic to loiter on a cricket forum for near on 20 years....dishing out trash talk for a fair majority of that time - intentionally stirring up the aussie fans. All of a sudden, you can't take it.

Keep living your life through your sporting teams champ.

Let's hope England qualify for the champions trophy. We all need a good laugh.

Nice to see the newbie knows what’s happened for the last 20 years, too gutless to keep your old username or just been banned multiple times?

I do like how when Englands going well you get no engagement from posters, but lose a game and all the little cowards come of their shells.

England players & organisation come off a bit cry babyish. Regularly complaining or trying to twist the situation to make themselves look good rather than admitting a poor performance or acknowledging the opposition. It seems to have seemed into their lackadaisical performances.

It's disastrous they could finish dead last below the likes of netherlands & bangladesh considering the resources at their disposal.

They've got a tour of India early next year, if they have a similar performance to this world cup then oh boy.

England players & organisation come off a bit cry babyish. Regularly complaining or trying to twist the situation to make themselves look good rather than admitting a poor performance or acknowledging the opposition. It seems to have seemed into their lackadaisical performances.

It's disastrous they could finish dead last below the likes of netherlands & bangladesh considering the resources at their disposal.

They've got a tour of India early next year, if they have a similar performance to this world cup then oh boy.
The smugness of this cult called Bazball will come crashing down.

India will wallop them 4-1 I reckon give or take a draw in a 5 test series.

Yep, the sad reality this is probably best squad we can put out.

Remarkably, it's still a squad the could jag this world cup although I think it's fair to say it's becoming more and more evident we'd need an off day from India to beat them.
On even more recent evidence, I think it's fair to say every team is in this boat. It'll take a colossal * up on their part not to win this world cup.

To be fair, they are the best ODI team in the world. It's already a tough task to beat them and even harder on their home decks.

Nice to see the newbie knows what’s happened for the last 20 years, too gutless to keep your old username or just been banned multiple times?

I do like how when Englands going well you get no engagement from posters, but lose a game and all the little cowards come of their shells.

Mate, I was the one who wagered a four figure sum in England to win the Ashes from 2-0 down - I called it in real time and it is there for all to see.

They were the better side by the length of the straight - in retrospect, it all feels hollow.

England had to cook the wickets and probably, on the balance of probabilities, even resort to swapping duke batches midway through the final test to get a result.

To have an Ashes win denied by the rain is simply glorious.

To then see England fall off the rails so soon after the Ashes....well....life has its little pleasures.

We hold the urn, and are in this world cup up to our eyeballs.

Aussie pride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back