2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 36 England v Australia 4/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modhi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win for the Aussies but the real cherry for me was the first ball duck for Bairstow, couldn't have happened to a nicer w***er, the biggest waste of space that has ever walked on a cricket field.

Goodbye England.

Solid win. Always felt like we had our noses in front then got stokes before he got going to peg us back.

It came down to Aussie pride more or less. Pride in the jumper.

Eng have got guys who pick and choose when they want to play (stokes and ali), guys who haven't been given central contracts.

Not surprised at all they have dropped like a stone.

Aussie pride reigns supreme again.

I'm probably forgetting a few people, but I can't think of a more unlikeable cricketer and person in all my time watching the game than Stoinis. He even sits atop some of the English.

The arrogance, the strut, the persona, the way he speaks about himself in interviews. The constant chewing of the gum. Urgh..

Even in the penultimate over when he was gesticulating wildly to a fielder on the boundary; the entitlement.

He could honestly produce MOTM performances in the semi and final and I would still loathe him.

I'm probably forgetting a few people, but I can't think of a more unlikeable cricketer and person in all my time watching the game than Stoinis. He even sits atop some of the English.

The arrogance, the strut, the persona, the way he speaks about himself in interviews. The constant chewing of the gum. Urgh..

Even in the penultimate over when he was gesticulating wildly to a fielder on the boundary; the entitlement.

He could honestly produce MOTM performances in the semi and final and I would still loathe him.
He went to Hale School in Perth....they breed the likes of: Basil Zempilas, Twiggy Forrest, Ben Roberts-Smith and Stoinis. Its part of their DNA and Culture. I honestly dont think having lived in WA, have 1 person that I got along well with from this particular school. School also has made headlines for bad reasons in the state. (and national too)

Fair to say he does love himself and I too cant stand him much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort from the England lower order to get so close, it's their top order with Bairstow, Root and Buttler doing SFA again that cost them.

Surely Brook has to come in for their next game.

Drop one of Bairstow/Buttler for Brook even Root. Stokes can play the accumulation role anyway

Don't think that is unreasonable. Maybe Warner and Zampa make the side but they need their spinner to make regualr runs.

Head would EASILY make their side and Maxwell is a better Livingstone

You would imagine there will be a clean out after this World Cup in the 50 over.

Matthew Mott the coach, Trescothick the batting coach (i assume), Jos Buttler the captain. Lets be honest, Mott wasnt that great a player in his hey day. Trescothick was a solid Test batter but I think the game has changed a fair way since he played. (he was not that great a white ball player in my opinion) They might need to look for someone of a Brendon McCullum profile to overtake this squad and regenerate it . Names that maybe spring to mind as potential coach: McCullum? Eoin Morgan? Trott?

Willey is already gone

Joe Root, Stokes, Woakes, Bairstow, Ali, Livingstone, Buttler I doubt will be there, with more lucrative T20 franchise circuits going around. The fact that their T20 won the World Cup last year but are coming last in the ODI round robin, speaks volumes of where their minds are as players.

Fair to say, the team you see in 2027 will be a very different side to this one.

You would imagine there will be a clean out after this World Cup in the 50 over.

Matthew Mott the coach, Trescothick the batting coach (i assume), Jos Buttler the captain. Lets be honest, Mott wasnt that great a player in his hey day. Trescothick was a solid Test batter but I think the game has changed a fair way since he played. (he was not that great a white ball player in my opinion) They might need to look for someone of a Brendon McCullum profile to overtake this squad and regenerate it . Names that maybe spring to mind as potential coach: McCullum? Eoin Morgan? Trott?

Willey is already gone

Joe Root, Stokes, Woakes, Bairstow, Ali, Livingstone, Buttler I doubt will be there, with more lucrative T20 franchise circuits going around. The fact that their T20 won the World Cup last year but are coming last in the ODI round robin, speaks volumes of where their minds are as players.

Fair to say, the team you see in 2027 will be a very different side to this one.
You don't have to be a great player to be a great/good coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back