Club Mgmt. 2023 Membership Thread - Record membership of 86,000! - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be higher than 86k. But hey, irrelevance with no end in sight will do that to ya.
Why?

There's obvious answers why Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton have higher membership totals. They've either had success or are on the cusp. If we ever pull that off watch ours get the free 10k - 15k bump.

Why?

There's obvious answers why Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton have higher membership totals. They've either had success or are on the cusp. If we ever pull that off watch ours get the free 10k - 15k bump.
Because we should've had some finals success in the last decade or so and given the early season form we should be on the cusp. The s**t season last year and the few late sign ups when you're expected to play finals prevented the club from getting more than 86k.

Because we should've had some finals success in the last decade or so and given the early season form we should be on the cusp. The s**t season last year and the few late sign ups when you're expected to play finals prevented the club from getting more than 86k.
But we didn't.😂

I said should be more than 86k because we should have had finals success. What is hard to grasp here?
That you're upset we're celebrating our record.

The club has been shouting lapsed members in the last month - because heaven forbid they be deducted from the membership numbers.
It's all bullshit...
Cancelled my son's membership this time last year because he wasn't interested in going to the games anymore. Next thing i know they automatically give him a free membership for the last few games of the season. Receive my membership renewal for 2024 and he is back on it with a members fee. Need to get back on the phone and cancel again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cancelled my son's membership this time last year because he wasn't interested in going to the games anymore. Next thing i know they automatically give him a free membership for the last few games of the season. Receive my membership renewal for 2024 and he is back on it with a members fee. Need to get back on the phone and cancel again.
That's pretty messed up from the club, though I'm not surprised we'd try underhanded s**t like this.

They can not have less members in any year - hence the under handed s**t!
"Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in"
George Costanza 😂😂

Yeah, thats very very poor. Seen someone else in the same situation they were pretty peeved over it.

Nah, not an isolated incident incident seen other have the same happen. Very poor.

I mean more that it's not the membership department sitting there thinking they'll autorenew all these membership after handing out freebies and no one will notice.

More likely some intern has been told to go tick the box for free memberships to pad out the figures and had no idea it would auto-renew.

Even just padding out the memberships is pretty dodge. It’s awesome to give away free memberships to lapsed members as an enticement to jump back on board but trying to claim them as real members sounds like someone internally artificially inflating performance against a target.

Even just padding out the memberships is pretty dodge. It’s awesome to give away free memberships to lapsed members as an enticement to jump back on board but trying to claim them as real members sounds like someone internally artificially inflating performance against a target.

Pretty sure there's clubs that offer pet memberships which they probably count. I'd have said most membership counts involve some fudging of the numbers.

Should be higher than 86k. But hey, irrelevance with no end in sight will do that to ya.
Our home ground holds 56,000 max on a good day.

Unless you want us to sell more pet memberships to fluff the books - like Hawthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back