Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong 7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena
Fri Mar 3St Kilda vs Essendon4:10pmRSEA Park
Fri Mar 3Sydney vs Carlton7:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Fri Mar 3West Coast vs Adelaide4:40pm (7:40pm)Mineral Resources Park
Sat Mar 4GWS vs Gold Coast12:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Sat Mar 4Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne1:10pmIKON Park
Sat Mar 4Melbourne vs Richmond4:10pmCasey Fields

Last edited:
JHF did some great things and some average things playing a high half forward role. I think he will be a good player but dont think his production will be enough to justify picking him this year. He isnt fit enough to be a fulltime mid yet.
Don't get me wrong, JHF will be a gun SC player if he knuckles down for another preseason or two without injury.
But at this stage I see him as a burst player who plays with impact, not someone with the prerequisite tank you can depend on to have cheap possessions (at least with his style of playing) or to be in the top 4 players with midfield minutes in his team.
Happy to have my mind changed when they stream the preseason games though. :)
Doesn’t look like I’ll have to change my mind just yet.

Doesn’t look like I’ll have to change my mind just yet.
This is the last time I'm going to talk about it in this thread, because I like this little community and I don't want to get into club partisanship, but I would suggest that anyone who wants to select JHF in their SC team read this post by a Port supporter about his performance today...

...and then monitor his other PS games closely.

And with that, I'll keep my mouth shut on JHF related matters.

This is the last time I'm going to talk about it in this thread, because I like this little community and I don't want to get into club partisanship, but I would suggest that anyone who wants to select JHF in their SC team read this post by a Port supporter about his performance today...

Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

Well I flirted with the idea.

Didn't realise I was flirting with this....

200.webp

So JHF....

get-out-leave.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I flirted with the idea.

Didn't realise I was flirting with this....

200.webp

So JHF....

get-out-leave.gif

Plenty of reasons not to start him but one report from one practice match from someone nobody knows shouldn't kill it for you?

Great first clearance resulting in first goal of the "match" from what little I read?

do it jewish GIF

Plenty of reasons not to start him but one report from one practice match from someone nobody knows shouldn't kill it for you?

Great first clearance resulting in first goal of the "match" from what little I read?

do it jewish GIF

I'm still picking him.

I'm still picking him.
Best wishes dude. In all seriousness.
To me he seems like a real dick and even if he scores decently, I wouldn't be picking him ...on principle.
His price in SC isn't great so there would have to be a pretty compelling reason to select him. I can't see it but maybe that's just me?

Bit of a write up from our intra club of our board from Jen

Pies intraclub thoughts:
  • Nick Daicos.... do words even begin to explain? Just was everywhere. Also every centre bounce, he was there. You wouldn't believe this is his 2nd year.
  • Lippa. Class. Ball use fantastic but nothing new.
  • McStay dominant with 3 goals, and clunking more marks. Could have had 5 goals.
  • Reef. He's definitely showing something. Nice hands and kicked a couple goals. Nice leading forward (at this stage)
  • Carmichael was put up forward after having a lot of inside mid depth, and performed strongly with 3 goals. Just can kick the ball. One was from like 50.
  • Thought De Goey and Crisp were pretty outstanding in the middle.
  • Frampton was prominant, uses the ball very well, and has good hands. Was playing at FB
  • Mitchell was good, extracting the ball, or involved in link chains
  • Adams...just hasn't missed a beat. Think he may even look fitter... slimmer? than before.
  • Bianco I thought played well. He's put on some weight you can instantly see. Likewise with Ginni -- what exactly did they feed them in Europe lol
  • Noble was v good, kicked a goal running off the flank.
  • Richards sure has some pace to burn, was ahead of JDaicos in a run chase
  • Wilson kicked 2 goals, and has been surprising of late
  • Kelly was good, took some contested marks. One fairly early in the game. Looks to be more attacking with his use.
  • Hill was busy and provided some nice moments.
  • You can see why they put WHE off half back, with his run, athletic ability.
  • Johnson had some nice moments, some good marks and kicked a goal or two.
  • Yes, Cox dominated.. but he was going up against a 19 year old beanpole rookie and a vfl ruck, so one would expect this to be the case.

Pies intraclub thoughts:
  • Nick Daicos.... do words even begin to explain? Just was everywhere. Also every centre bounce, he was there. You wouldn't believe this is his 2nd year.
  • McStay dominant with 3 goals, and clunking more marks. Could have had 5 goals.
  • Reef. He's definitely showing something. Nice hands and kicked a couple goals. Nice leading forward (at this stage)
  • Carmichael was put up forward after having a lot of inside mid depth, and performed strongly with 3 goals. Just can kick the ball. One was from like 50.
  • Frampton was prominant, uses the ball very well, and has good hands. Was playing at FB
  • Adams...just hasn't missed a beat. Think he may even look fitter... slimmer? than before.
  • Bianco I thought played well. He's put on some weight you can instantly see. Likewise with Ginni -- what exactly did they feed them in Europe lol
  • Kelly was good, took some contested marks. One fairly early in the game. Looks to be more attacking with his use.
  • Yes, Cox dominated.. but he was going up against a 19 year old beanpole rookie and a vfl ruck, so one would expect this to be the case.
What a lot of BS this is. This is just propaganda and not worth the paper it's written on. Cannot be a realistic view of events.
Everyone was good, prominent, dominant etc. Surely there is one player who can be said did not play well.

The writer needs to take their black and white glasses off and look at the game through two eyes not one. :eyes:

What a lot of BS this is. This is just propaganda and not worth the paper it's written on. Cannot be a realistic view of events.
Everyone was good, prominent, dominant etc. Surely there is one player who can be said did not play well.

The writer needs to take their black and white glasses off and look at the game through two eyes not one. :eyes:

Was going to post the same (if a little less emphatic) - the only thing it was missing was “the umps crucified us!!!”.

Might be some SC relevance in that Cameron doesn’t get a mention…

Pies intraclub thoughts:
You're far too modest. I'm surprised he's actually human. Convinced he's some sort of alien.

Adams does interest me though. I like a bit of injury risk with my value picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back