Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong 7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena
Fri Mar 3St Kilda vs Essendon4:10pmRSEA Park
Fri Mar 3Sydney vs Carlton7:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Fri Mar 3West Coast vs Adelaide4:40pm (7:40pm)Mineral Resources Park
Sat Mar 4GWS vs Gold Coast12:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Sat Mar 4Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne1:10pmIKON Park
Sat Mar 4Melbourne vs Richmond4:10pmCasey Fields

Last edited:
There was a lot of experimentation and team switching going on over the 4 quarters.

Sheezel was flipped to the MID and FWD in the second half and honestly he did look more in his element. Showcased some great skills and took a brilliant snap. Pretty sure he was in the seniors team throughout.

Comben looked great, and the commentators made quite a thing of how Curnow-esque his playing was. As marcmurphy3 observed, he's a round one lock.

Drury was moved to the seniors in the second half and did some lovely link-up work from the defensive 50, but also got beaten in a few contests.

Phillips flipped from the seniors to the seconds in the second half, and continued to find the footy often, although his impact was a bit muted.

Kick-ins were taken by a smattering of players: Lmac, Ziebell, Drury, Young come to mind. Might have been more too.

Probably not SC relevant, but Logue was probably best on ground for the first half (he was on managed minutes so came off at halftime). Tom Powell was a candidate for BoG in the second half. Paul Curtis looked quite dangerous at times too.

With Hall and Goater not playing today, the question of who's going to play HBF isn't a whole lot clearer, unfortunately.
Mids are also going to be interesting.

Cunnington spending a lot of time forward and a lot of his normal clearance time was taken by Powell/Phillips.

Sheezel rotating into centre clearances with Zurhaar was interesting. Sheezel should never go near the backline again.

Tom Powell was probably BOG for mine.

Oh and as the current owner of LDU at M3 I did note that he only got out of second gear in isolated moments, and spent much of the game going through the motions, but I'm not that worried tbh.
Simpkin and LDU both operated in second gear, no concerns there.

He was playing North 2s..... that's like worse than a vfl side
A lot of probables were rotated into the 2s in the second half.

I agree but the wolves in the media will make it more than it is tomorrow

Yep, they'll drag out the JDG Bali and NYC things, and some desperado types might even bring up Eddie and the Do Better report.

Pies fans are over it, and mostly unaffected.

I know there hasn’t been much swans info but found this from another site about the swans intra club, hopefully gives some insights

* the match did in fact start at 9.15 and there were three periods but that was apparently just the first half (which concluded about 10.15). Then there was an extended break and some of the players (including relatively few of the senior players) returned and played another couple of periods. By the 5th period there were fewer players playing and they had moved in the boundaries on the wings a bit.

* The first team forward line played for Red and most of our first team defenders played for Blue (although they interesting included Gould and, in the first period, Harry C - for that matter Amartey was playing forward for the Red team in the first quarter).

* I agree that both Hayward and Gulden stood out and were excellent. Both covered a lot of ground. Hayward took some good marks and kicked goals. Gulden was everywhere, mostly playing on the wing and holding his width but at other times bobbing up all over the place. Another who impressed me was Fox. He was just composed, reliable and used the ball safely. I think he is cemented in for Round 1 barring injury. Francis, who was playing for the Blue team, also took a number of marks in D50 and seemed to have some impact.

* Gould had some nice moments - I particularly remember one well executed (but risky) kick across D50 in the first period that found its target and relieved some pressure. But overall he didn't make a massive impression. Gould seems to have been overtaken by first Paddy McCartin, and now Fox. Despite this, and the competition from Francis, I'm really optimistic he'll get his debut this year.

* the first score of the game came after Vickery very neatly executed a kick inside 50 that was marked by McDonald who then went on to kick a behind from his set shot.

* Chad looked lively in moments but overall I didn't especially note his impact. Rowbottom and Mills also didn't catch my eye. Nor did Roberts or Sheldrick. It's hard when you're an inside mid! Parker was tackling hard and applying significant pressure.

* Tom Harley was worrying about avoiding injuries and keeping everyone ready for the season proper.

* Ladhams played all 5 periods. Mostly he was competing with McAndrew in the ruck but late in the match Owen came in and tried to compete against him but Ladhams dominated.

* Speaking of Owen, he was played forward, back and in the ruck at different times. He didn't do anything amazing that I noticed but I still think he's really mobile for his size.

* Reid, Buddy and Amartey all got some minutes into them but Hickey didn't make the field. McLean was left doing some running on the sidelines. Heeney also played relatively few minutes early on - when I asked him he said he was fine and it was just a 'de-load' week for him and he'll be playing the full match next week against the Lions.

* They used AFL Umpires Mathew Nichols and Brett Rosebury amongst a bunch of other umps I didn't recognise (probably not AFL-level umpires).

I know there hasn’t been much swans info but found this from another site about the swans intra club, hopefully gives some insights

* the match did in fact start at 9.15 and there were three periods but that was apparently just the first half (which concluded about 10.15). Then there was an extended break and some of the players (including relatively few of the senior players) returned and played another couple of periods. By the 5th period there were fewer players playing and they had moved in the boundaries on the wings a bit.

* The first team forward line played for Red and most of our first team defenders played for Blue (although they interesting included Gould and, in the first period, Harry C - for that matter Amartey was playing forward for the Red team in the first quarter).

* I agree that both Hayward and Gulden stood out and were excellent. Both covered a lot of ground. Hayward took some good marks and kicked goals. Gulden was everywhere, mostly playing on the wing and holding his width but at other times bobbing up all over the place. Another who impressed me was Fox. He was just composed, reliable and used the ball safely. I think he is cemented in for Round 1 barring injury. Francis, who was playing for the Blue team, also took a number of marks in D50 and seemed to have some impact.

* Gould had some nice moments - I particularly remember one well executed (but risky) kick across D50 in the first period that found its target and relieved some pressure. But overall he didn't make a massive impression. Gould seems to have been overtaken by first Paddy McCartin, and now Fox. Despite this, and the competition from Francis, I'm really optimistic he'll get his debut this year.

* the first score of the game came after Vickery very neatly executed a kick inside 50 that was marked by McDonald who then went on to kick a behind from his set shot.

* Chad looked lively in moments but overall I didn't especially note his impact. Rowbottom and Mills also didn't catch my eye. Nor did Roberts or Sheldrick. It's hard when you're an inside mid! Parker was tackling hard and applying significant pressure.

* Tom Harley was worrying about avoiding injuries and keeping everyone ready for the season proper.

* Ladhams played all 5 periods. Mostly he was competing with McAndrew in the ruck but late in the match Owen came in and tried to compete against him but Ladhams dominated.

* Speaking of Owen, he was played forward, back and in the ruck at different times. He didn't do anything amazing that I noticed but I still think he's really mobile for his size.

* Reid, Buddy and Amartey all got some minutes into them but Hickey didn't make the field. McLean was left doing some running on the sidelines. Heeney also played relatively few minutes early on - when I asked him he said he was fine and it was just a 'de-load' week for him and he'll be playing the full match next week against the Lions.

* They used AFL Umpires Mathew Nichols and Brett Rosebury amongst a bunch of other umps I didn't recognise (probably not AFL-level umpires).
That Gulden news is great to hear. He was one of my first picks

Interesting I agree.
Look at his SC scores when he has 21 or less possessions.

Yes, yes...pre-season, practice, experiment, caveat, etc, etc...

They only played 20 minute Quarters with No time on so only really 60% of a normal match.

By saying "Tim Taranto clean user" I can only assume he washes his hands after every touch, because there's no way they could possibly be talking about him having good DE.
"Tim Taranto clean user" That's because wherever he disposes the ball - a Richmond player end up receiving it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By saying "Tim Taranto clean user" I can only assume he washes his hands after every touch, because there's no way they could possibly be talking about him having good DE.

Doesn't re-use fits when shooting up maybe. Definitely not accurate disposal

Pre-Season Fixture & Dates
Time for the real stuff to start ....no more dancing with your sister ....time to sort out these bloody RUCK's

Pre-Season Games start this week ! .....Yah !

AFL 2023 Pre-Season Fixture​

Week One - Feb 23-24 (Unofficial practice matches)​

DateMatchLocal TimeStadium
Thu Feb 23Geelong vs Hawthorn4:00pmGMHBA Stadium
Thu Feb 23Gold Coast vs Essendon4:00pmAustworld Centre Oval
Fri Feb 24North Melbourne vs Richmond10:00amArden Street Oval
Fri Feb 24Carlton vs Collingwood11:00amIKON Park
Fri Feb 24Sydney vs Brisbane12:00pmTramway Oval
Fri Feb 24St Kilda vs Melbourne4:00pmRSEA Park
Fri Feb 24Fremantle vs Adelaide3:30pmVictor George Kallis Oval
Fri Feb 24West Coast vs Port Adelaide4:40pmMineral Resources Park

*Western Bulldogs and GWS will not be participating in the first week of practice matches.

Week Two - March 2-4 (Official practice matches)

DateMatchLocal Time (EDT)Stadium
Thu Mar 2Hawthorn vs Collingwood5.10pmUTAS Stadium
Thur Mar 2Fremantle vs Port Adelaide4:10pm (7:10pm)Fremantle Oval
Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena

Time for the real stuff to start ....no more dancing with your sister ....time to sort out these bloody RUCK's

Pre-Season Games start this week ! .....Yah !

AFL 2023 Pre-Season Fixture​

Week One - Feb 23-24 (Unofficial practice matches)​

DateMatchLocal TimeStadium
Thu Feb 23Geelong vs Hawthorn4:00pmGMHBA Stadium
Thu Feb 23Gold Coast vs Essendon4:00pmAustworld Centre Oval
Fri Feb 24North Melbourne vs Richmond10:00amArden Street Oval
Fri Feb 24Carlton vs Collingwood11:00amIKON Park
Fri Feb 24Sydney vs Brisbane12:00pmTramway Oval
Fri Feb 24St Kilda vs Melbourne4:00pmRSEA Park
Fri Feb 24Fremantle vs Adelaide3:30pmVictor George Kallis Oval
Fri Feb 24West Coast vs Port Adelaide4:40pmMineral Resources Park

*Western Bulldogs and GWS will not be participating in the first week of practice matches.

Week Two - March 2-4 (Official practice matches)

DateMatchLocal Time (EDT)Stadium
Thu Mar 2Hawthorn vs Collingwood5.10pmUTAS Stadium
Thur Mar 2Fremantle vs Port Adelaide4:10pm (7:10pm)Fremantle Oval
Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena
So am I right that Kayo is streaming not just the practice matches, but the match sims too?

Only the official practice matches which start March 3
If you go on the Aussie Rules tab on Kayo, they’ve got all the praccy matches that start this Thursday listed. Looks like they’ll be streamed live too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back