Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong 7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena
Fri Mar 3St Kilda vs Essendon4:10pmRSEA Park
Fri Mar 3Sydney vs Carlton7:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Fri Mar 3West Coast vs Adelaide4:40pm (7:40pm)Mineral Resources Park
Sat Mar 4GWS vs Gold Coast12:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Sat Mar 4Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne1:10pmIKON Park
Sat Mar 4Melbourne vs Richmond4:10pmCasey Fields

Last edited:
Plenty of reasons not to start him but one report from one practice match from someone nobody knows shouldn't kill it for you?

Great first clearance resulting in first goal of the "match" from what little I read?

do it jewish GIF

33565aa3396879cdb38c647f9bfff458.gif

Bit of a write up from our intra club of our board from Jen

Pies intraclub thoughts:
  • Nick Daicos.... do words even begin to explain? Just was everywhere. Also every centre bounce, he was there. You wouldn't believe this is his 2nd year.
  • Lippa. Class. Ball use fantastic but nothing new.
  • McStay dominant with 3 goals, and clunking more marks. Could have had 5 goals.
  • Reef. He's definitely showing something. Nice hands and kicked a couple goals. Nice leading forward (at this stage)
  • Carmichael was put up forward after having a lot of inside mid depth, and performed strongly with 3 goals. Just can kick the ball. One was from like 50.
  • Thought De Goey and Crisp were pretty outstanding in the middle.
  • Frampton was prominant, uses the ball very well, and has good hands. Was playing at FB
  • Mitchell was good, extracting the ball, or involved in link chains
  • Adams...just hasn't missed a beat. Think he may even look fitter... slimmer? than before.
  • Bianco I thought played well. He's put on some weight you can instantly see. Likewise with Ginni -- what exactly did they feed them in Europe lol
  • Noble was v good, kicked a goal running off the flank.
  • Richards sure has some pace to burn, was ahead of JDaicos in a run chase
  • Wilson kicked 2 goals, and has been surprising of late
  • Kelly was good, took some contested marks. One fairly early in the game. Looks to be more attacking with his use.
  • Hill was busy and provided some nice moments.
  • You can see why they put WHE off half back, with his run, athletic ability.
  • Johnson had some nice moments, some good marks and kicked a goal or two.
  • Yes, Cox dominated.. but he was going up against a 19 year old beanpole rookie and a vfl ruck, so one would expect this to be the case.
So based on this write up I expect the pies will win the comp undefeated with a percentage of 350.

Here's a look at the "A" Team for Brisbane in their Match Sim yesterday.

Notable Points:
  • Wilmot/Sharp on the wing rotating with Ah Chee
  • Neale/Dunkley mid rotating with Mathieson forward
  • Ashcroft mid rotating with Mcluggage/Bailey forward
  • McKenna on the bench but at least in the side
  • Rayner Backline again

bris.jpg

Watching the North game. Its half time:
  • Comben kicked 2 and been super impressive. Lock for round 1.
  • Scheezel building into the game playing at halfback for the A team. I count 9 possesions at half time after only 2 in the first quarter. Used the ball mostly well.
  • A fair few players getting rotated through the midfield but it looks like Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Cunners will be the main 4 with bursts from Cam Z
  • Cunners looks back to his usual self but spending a fair bit of time forward. I count 9 touches and a goal at half time.
  • Will Phillips can find the ball. I count 10 touches to half time. Neat ball use but not overly damaging. Pretty small so I think he might get belted by the biggers mids as the year progresses but at 150k you have to pick him if he is in the main onball rotation for round 1.
  • LDU classy but not as dominant as I would expect in a game like this. Probably cruising. 11 touches by my count.
  • Drury playing for the B team and havent noticed him much. Dont think he will be in the running for round 1.

• Scheezel building into the game playing at halfback for the A team. I count 9 possesions at half time after only 2 in the first quarter. Used the ball mostly well.
  • A fair few players getting rotated through the midfield but it looks like Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Cunners will be the main 4 with bursts from Cam Z
  • Cunners looks back to his usual self but spending a fair bit of time forward. I count 9 touches and a goal at half time.
  • Will Phillips can find the ball. I count 10 touches to half time. Neat ball use but not overly damaging. Pretty small so I think he might get belted by the biggers mids as the year progresses but at 150k you have to pick him if he is in the main onball rotation for round 1.
  • LDU classy but not as dominant as I would expect in a game like this. Probably cruising. 11 touches by my count.
  • Drury playing for the B team and havent noticed him much. Dont think he will be in the running for round 1.
From SC perspective also worth noting Goater isn’t playing today, not sure why.

Sheezel still in the backline is solid news. Might be close to locking in F6 at this stage. If they’ve trained him in that position for a while now he’s gotta stay there right?

Comben a good shout for the bench for sure

There was a lot of experimentation and team switching going on over the 4 quarters.

Sheezel was flipped to the MID and FWD in the second half and honestly he did look more in his element. Showcased some great skills and took a brilliant snap. Pretty sure he was in the seniors team throughout.

Comben looked great, and the commentators made quite a thing of how Curnow-esque his playing was. As marcmurphy3 observed, he's a round one lock.

Drury was moved to the seniors in the second half and did some lovely link-up work from the defensive 50, but also got beaten in a few contests.

Phillips flipped from the seniors to the seconds in the second half, and continued to find the footy often, although his impact was a bit muted.

Kick-ins were taken by a smattering of players: Lmac, Ziebell, Drury, Young come to mind. Might have been more too.

Probably not SC relevant, but Logue was probably best on ground for the first half (he was on managed minutes so came off at halftime). Tom Powell was a candidate for BoG in the second half. Paul Curtis looked quite dangerous at times too.

With Hall and Goater not playing today, the question of who's going to play HBF isn't a whole lot clearer, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why you're settling in. Seems to be done and dusted?

I don't know anything about this - yet punishment has been handed down very quickly, rather than dragging it out.

Dunno why you're settling in. Seems to be done and dusted?

I don't know anything about this - yet punishment has been handed down very quickly, rather than dragging it out.

I agree but the wolves in the media will make it more than it is tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back