Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, a passionate bunch

Is what it is, though. Take the good with the bad as a player

If we were in the top 6 they'd be appreciated

And on Grundy, Don't see anything wrong with that. Wish we had toothless low iq supporters and were favourites for the flag

Not passionate - pathetic.

Attention seeking losers. Ashamed to say they are Carlton supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The booing of our players was warranted, what I don't like is getting personal, especially with someone like Jack who has given every ounce of ability he has to the club. What is obvious though is that JSOS is not playing with the same hunger he has in previous years, it would kill me to see a Silvagni wearing another jumper but I would be surprised if he doesnt look for a new opportunity next year, especially if our cap is as full as reports so our offer will be pretty minimal.

I can’t understand the purpose of hurling abuse at our players … at the end of the day when things aren’t going right you need support encouragement and direction … that doesn’t mean we’re not frustrated dear god of course we are but I doubt they’re enjoying these last few weeks. But some hard truths need to be said and I would hope those conversations are being had inside the club …

Why will they play for the jumper with campaigners like us as supporters?

Hope they forget about us and play for each other.

They’ll come out of this season either solid or broken.

Get ya hand off it.

We've been giving them far more decent support than they deserved for the rubbish football they've served up over the last decade for the fans.

Our crowd averages were good while being served up dross.

The fans have kept turning up, the players not so much.

This mob don't play for the jumper no matter how much support or encouragement they get.

Sure I can. And you back in the coach and he gets rid of the players who wont play for him. Simple really. Its not a difficult concept.
and how did it work out for Vossy when he was coaching Brisbane.. Cant the blues just admit that it was a wrong decision!!.. Gee some supporters a very forgiving and accept this medicority year after year

Scores for the year
6.16 (Rd 13)
11.8 Bris
132.165 (Total)

Doesn’t help our cause. Just heard David King on SEN outline our areas of improvement and key defensive statistics. He says that while we are not perfect the team is statistically one of the hardest to score against. We need to take our chances and this table shows how much the pressure can ease if we learn to be more efficient forward of Centre.

Get the frustration from members (don't condone the throwing of things and the expletive driven tirades)... members/fans invest time, money, and most of all passion for our club and quite frankly the ROI from results, players, board, coaching this year and years prior has not delivered the amount of give that we as supporters/members have been supplying.

We hear nourishment, and I ask don't we as supporters finally deserve a little nourishment (there's only so many replays of the 95 grand final that can continue to fuel me and I don't think sausage sizzles will curb this appetite). Maybe not directly from wins (they do help) but to see the players actually have the desire to want to win, to want to stand up, to want to fight and not return to being meek, not tackling, not being collectively focused, and confused/unsure. I want to see growth, don't want to continue to see the one step forward, 2 step back that we've had over the last how many years.

Let's not delve too much into human psyche here but our club also is a small business in a broader business and it's a results driven business and our result trend is not looking good over the last 22 year journey, with a few brief positive blips not being sufficient to sustain buy in from us supporters/members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why will they play for the jumper with campaigners like us as supporters?

Hope they forget about us and play for each other.

They’ll come out of this season either solid or broken.
So you want us to feel sorry for them? Do they feel sorry for us? Without us they are nothing. We put our hard earned cash in every year for what reason exactly. You can only be punched so many times before you punch back, but we can't even do that. Tell me when to play my violin?

The booing of our players was warranted, what I don't like is getting personal, especially with someone like Jack who has given every ounce of ability he has to the club. What is obvious though is that JSOS is not playing with the same hunger he has in previous years, it would kill me to see a Silvagni wearing another jumper but I would be surprised if he doesnt look for a new opportunity next year, especially if our cap is as full as reports so our offer will be pretty minimal.
Booing of our players is NEVER warranted mate.

If people can't take seeing their team lose when they go to a game, I suggest maybe they shouldn't go in the first place!!!

I DETEST fairweather supporters.

Scores for the year
6.16 (Rd 13)
11.8 Bris
132.165 (Total)

Doesn’t help our cause. Just heard David King on SEN outline our areas of improvement and key defensive statistics. He says that while we are not perfect the team is statistically one of the hardest to score against. We need to take our chances and this table shows how much the pressure can ease if we learn to be more efficient forward of Centre.

Creating opportunities just failing miserably at converting.

JSOS is not playing great football and not looking like AFL quality, that’s on him.
Can’t kick a goal (and he’s supposed to be a forward) to save himself, or the team. WTF was that vs STK at a critical point in the game 20m out straight in front.

If people can't take seeing their team lose when they go to a game, I suggest maybe they shouldn't go in the first place!!!

I think the majority can accept seeing their team lose if the effort and desire is there and the list is playing at or near expected capacity. We cheer when they're doing well, so should we cheer when they're playing way below expectation compared to the amount of time and resources supporters afford them. Boo-ing is a way the masses can vocalise and be heard. Coaches spray, supporters boo.

Again don't condone ridiculous tirades and going of your nut and targeting players in the race and throwing stuff.

Watched Crippa closely from level 1 in the last quarter as game was done.

He could hardly run and is obviously suffering.
The nine days break I was hoping would refresh him did not appear to do so. Very sad to watch.

Heard it is bad corks?

I am hoping it is that and not the dreaded O.P. .

Without him firing, Hewwy out and Kennedy having little impact it is not surprising we are getting done.

More scoring shots, very good defensive structures apart from that F----NG burst in the 3 rd quarter!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Acres still butchering it (amongst others) did not help but he had a crack. Some positives from Weiters, Cerra, Walsh and IMO Motlop.
Glimpses from Martin .(can he ever give more than flashes?)

The only strong mark TDK took was taken off him but he got his hands to plenty. Needs to stick em this week.

Cotters, Jack SOS, Ed, Young and Owies all poor and need some VFL time. Might as well play Cunners, Fish will give more than
Owies and Pitto back. Dow also needs to be given a start. Hewwy should be back .

Trying to be positive.......

I expect us to beat Gold Coast this week, then our bye and go into 2nd half of season with some optimism.

Last edited:
Scores for the year
6.16 (Rd 13)
11.8 Bris
132.165 (Total)

Agree with kingy.

I think we are harder to score against because our mids/forwards are hanging back defensively …so flooding our defensive area.

Which in turn is the reason why we cant score as much.

I do wonder why we’ve gone this way…it’s almost like accepting defeat but to a lower margin.

Why aren’t we taking the game on?

The nine days break I was hoping would refresh him did not appear to do so. Very sad to watch.

Heard it is bad corks?

Without him firing, Hewwy out and Kennedy having little impact it is not surprising we are getting done.

More scoring shots, very good defensive structures apart from that F----NG burst in the 3 rd quarter!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Acres still butchering it did not help but he had a crack. Some positives from Weiters, Cerra, Walsh and IMO Motlop.
Glimpses from Martin .(can he ever give more that flashes?)

The only strong mark TDK took was taken off him but he got his hands to plenty. Needs to stick em this week.

Cotters, Jack SOS, Ed and Owies all poor and need some VFL time. Might as well play Cunners, Fish will give more than
Owies and Pitto back. Dow also needs to be given a start. Hewwy should be back .

I expect us to beat Gold Coast this week, then our bye and go into 2nd half of season with some optimism.
If he’s injured or sore from being banged up then he should have a spell. Plenty of mids to cover him. can’t chase/tackle he is struggling anyway.

Heard it is bad corks?

Acres still butchering it did not help but he had a crack. Some positives from Weiters, Cerra, Walsh and IMO Motlop.
Glimpses from Martin .(can he ever give more than flashes?)

Cotters, Jack SOS, Ed and Owies all poor and need some VFL time. Might as well play Cunners, Fish will give more than

I’d rest Cripps this week with the bye the following week give him 3 weeks to refresh and hit the back end of the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with kingy.

I think we are harder to score against because our mids/forwards are hanging back defensively …so flooding our defensive area.

Which in turn is the reason why we cant score as much.

I do wonder why we’ve gone this way…it’s almost like accepting defeat but to a lower margin.

Why aren’t we taking the game on?

We suck at hitting our targets. And we need better forwards outside the 2 KPF’s.

JSOS is not playing great football and not looking like AFL quality, that’s on him.
Can’t kick a goal (and he’s supposed to be a forward) to save himself, or the team. WTF was that vs STK at a critical point in the game 20m out straight in front.
Playing in the ruck is too much for him. Could barely jog off the ground he was banged up jumping into guys 10cm taller and 15kg heavier. I think we need to put an end to this experiment.

I diasgree, booing is fine IMO but expletive laden rants are too much. Throwing objects and or threatening behaviour is clearly unacceptable and what I saw made me uncomfortable and sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back