Autopsy 2023 Rd 24 Giants end Blues winning streak

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair he spent a lot of time running up and down the ground having the ball kicked over his head.
Our structure was weird, a lot of bombing down the line and not taking an attacking kick into the middle, even the short back towards the edge of the corridor wasn’t honored.
I suspect (partly) Vossy was playing funny buggers with tactics to throw off any post match analysis. Turnovers from simple skill errors were awful in that first half, could have undermined the confidence a little. Will watch the game again 😕.

Will watch the game again 😕.

Watch the first 10 mins, see Charlie kick his 2, and then turn it off.

From that point on we played like a team with nothing to gain from the result.

The entire second half was bruise free footy. No player would want to miss finals getting injured in a game of no consequence. Wouldn’t surprise me if Voss told the players to take it easy.

Not the greatest preparation for finals. Pressure has been way off for a fortnight.

Hope we can flick the switch.

Voss even less bothered about the loss than most of us.
Thats because he engineered it to an extent.
We experimented he says, well you dont do that in a must win situation.
Makes it clear the lads were in a respite phase the last couple of weeks.
Never seen a coach look so confident about whats next.
The grin is infectious.
He knows we can beat them all.
And if its not this year it's next.

Would have thought Toby's dangerous tackle was more blatent and 'game missable' than anything Weiters did.
They’ll thrive on this “news” until over.

Weitering fingers don’t touch his eye. Images I’ve seen looks like Gov is unconscious - clearly Greens headlock had Weitering worried for Gov.

Greens cut eye not caused by Weitering either - MRO may site him, but will get off on appeal. IMHO

Watch the first 10 mins, see Charlie kick his 2, and then turn it off.

From that point on we played like a team with nothing to gain from the result.

The entire second half was bruise free footy. No player would want to miss finals getting injured in a game of no consequence. Wouldn’t surprise me if Voss told the players to take it easy.

Not the greatest preparation for finals. Pressure has been way off for a fortnight.

Hope we can flick the switch.
First final will ensure switch is flicked.

Cripps , Doc , Motts and Pitto all back.

We missed Cripps and Doc last night.

Gives the ball up too easily in a tackle
Has to get this out of his game
Yes, Dow needs to understand that it's OK to be pinged for holding the ball, if you give it back on your own (slowish) terms. The professional foul is much better than spilling the ball out of the tackle uncontrolled. Especially when in his cases, it would usually just be a ball-up anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting behind the Carlton interchange tonight and one thing I did notice was how spent the players were when they came off.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can’t underestimate how grinding the Suns game last week was. Travel, heat, 7 goal chase down and backing up from the brutal Melb game the week prior. Four players playing their first games in a month and no Cripps/Doc to steer the ship.

Add the ‘dead rubber’ factor and not surprised they were gassed.

These are not excuses, they are reasons and we’ll look like a different team in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would have thought Toby's dangerous tackle was more blatent and 'game missable' than anything Weiters did.

This. At the game live it definitely looked like a dangerous/sling tackle (without the benefit of replays). All the talk around the members was that Tobys in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hard to read too much into last night. We couldn’t move up or down the ladder and it felt like the players and coaches knew that. The energy dropped significantly after Charlie won the Coleman and a few boys started getting sore. I’m not particularly concerned.

The ruck situation needs to be looked at as Harry had no impact in there and it detracted from his role as a forward.

Onto the swans.

Cue in the rack effort.

Charlie got the Coleman outright.

Good to get a game under the belt of some players returning from injury.

Bloody hell though... those in the crowd leaving halfway through the last quarter... what a pack of quitters... they've won 9 in a row and you cbf sticking to the end...

Then why go in the first place?
A lot of those who left, me included, were taking young children home....

School tomorrow.,... you know, life!

Get off your dumb high horse.

It was a late-ish finish on a school night (an uncharacteristic time slot) and effectively a dead rubber for us....don't blame those with kids who preferred to beat the rush
And get to Bubba Pizza in Kensington before it closed on the way home for their delicious $10 pick up deal. :pizza:

Apart from Charlie's Coleman the highlight of the night. :D

Praying Blacres is right. :praying: (he was in a sling after game)

Dow also worst disposal efficiency of any mid on the ground.

I thought he was OK.. but would put him as sub. Prefer Kennedy but not sure if fit.
I thought Walsh's kicking was like a lottery last night, worst of the mids.
All of the recently injured, Mackay, Walsh, Cerra, and to a lesser extent Gov, have returned rusty.
We don't need to add '9 missing games', Kennedy in an elimination final.

I thought Walsh's kicking was like a lottery last night, worst of the mids.
All of the recently injured, Mackay, Walsh, Cerra, and to a lesser extent Gov, have returned rusty.
We don't need to add '9 missing games', Kennedy in an elimination final.
Big fan of Bam Bam, but you're right.

That's too big a risk....

Back