Preview 2023 Rd 19 Carlton vs West Coast Saturday July 22 2:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

*EDIT - UPDATE:

IN: Lachie Cowan, Ed Curnow, Ollie Hollands, Josh Honey
OUT: Jordan Boyd (suspension), Adam Cerra (hamstring), Patrick Cripps (cork), Harry McKay (knee), Jack Martin (calf tightness.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam WalshOliver HollandsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyJosh HoneyJesse Motlop
Forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellLachie CowanEd Curnow
Paddy Dow
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsZac FisherCaleb Marchbank
Lewis Young

Last edited:
Over the coming weeks, whoever we bring in to replace Mckay needs to be a strong marking target, be able to bring ball to ground and split a pack open. This allows us to keep forward pressure up and protects Charlie when he will be double teamed for a few weeks if we don't.

Young can be used in multiple roles, but I would use him in defence alongside McGovern & Kemp. When Weitering wasn't playing last year Young did very well back there. I think we need to maintain our rebounding speed of Kemp/McGovern/Saad/Cincotta back there especially with Boyd gone for a few weeks.

I would keep the Dekoning/Silvagni ruck combo as this keeps up our current ground coverage and pressure acts as a team.

Given the above, I would consider playing Weitering as our power forward for a few weeks.
Young back, Weiters forward!!

No thanks. I would choose Weitering to be the KPD general every day. We have enough versatility in the forward line to generate high scores with needing to drop Weitering in the forward line solely because we 'need' another tall.
Worth a try, even SOS played forward at times....

I really love this sport -- tackle a guy not high not low guy decides to still make play on ball instead of protects himself and knocks himself out on the ground -- same weekend a dude hooks someone in the face miles off the play -- guess which one worse .

This was always going to be the result of players suing the league for concussions - get used to it

(does make me wonder......why dont they sue the doctors who pass them fit to play and not the AFL?)

Can someone please assist me with the kids go free dealy? I don't get it. Do I have to book the two kids a GA ticket each and then HBF and I just scan in? Help meeee
Not sure if its different at Marvel but over here at Optus you had to book the free tickets for them to be able to scan in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to test Marchbank out and see if his body can stand up to AFL footy. He is not an exact like for like with Boyd but him going out opens up a spot for the next 3 weeks.

I am not a big VFL watcher, but just wondering how far off it Lemmey has been, stats for his last game v Coburg, 19 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal, 1.

Given we are against West Coast, would it be worth exposing him to AFL footy and trialling in the Harry McKay role?? Probably better than trying to play Young as a forward?

I am not a big VFL watcher, but just wondering how far off it Lemmey has been, stats for his last game v Coburg, 19 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal, 1.

Given we are against West Coast, would it be worth exposing him to AFL footy and trialling in the Harry McKay role?? Probably better than trying to play Young as a forward?
Coburg are very poor, he did do okay. But, he did not dominate. Physically he is ten kilo's off what he needs to be at AFL level.

Neither am I. But the general consensus I've read from posters here who do watch VFL is that John Howard is more likely to groom his eyebrows than Lemmey having any effect up forwards, even against the Eagles.

How have you once again turned this into "Dow hard done by"

We lost a KPF and a small/mid defender, so likely replacements would be similar types

Dow came on as a sub, but didn't surpass any forward flanker or mid in effectiveness

And please, comparing him to Walsh?

This. As I keep saying, think some people should just support Dow when he moves on the end of the year to whichever new club he lands at.

Seems people are weirdly more invested in him succeeding than the club.

Port will be riled up from their loss (thanks to us)... can see Powell Pepper going into super beast mode and cannoning into anybody. Pies travel well and both teams will be super keen to keep the heat up and claim some psychological edge by throwing everything at each other.

Definitely looking to be a huge bowl of popcorn game.

Or pies just win and the sack Hinkley crew go into overdrive, as they are certifiably insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back