Autopsy 2023 Round 11 – Geelong vs GWS Giants, Saturday May 27, 4.35pm, GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a great win.

Listened to the first quarter on radio and was disappointed to hear Kate Mccarthy AFLW player say 'hardly any Giants fans, only 3 people waving flags' after Toby kicked your first goal.

Was pleased to see a good little Giants contingent when I was able to tune in to the last quarter on TV.

Can't understand why an AFLW player would be talking down a club with a smaller supporter base.

Such a great win.

Listened to the first quarter on radio and was disappointed to hear Kate Mccarthy AFLW player say 'hardly any Giants fans, only 3 people waving flags' after Toby kicked your first goal.

Was pleased to see a good little Giants contingent when I was able to tune in to the last quarter on TV.

Can't understand why an AFLW player would be talking down a club with a smaller supporter base.
It’s vfl media, we are used to it. like you guys are.
She obviously can’t count either.

Cheering on your boys at the moment to get up over those mutts.

Such a great win.

And they were vocal - I could hear them clearly cheering. We may be small in number but i think we have the best fans. We cheer loud winning or losing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good aspects from the game, and a couple of negatives:
  • inspirational effort from Toby in his 200th, leading from the front; his 4 first half goals gave us some belief
  • Briggs was excellent and has clearly overtaken Flynn as preferred ruck (game high 8 clearances, 5 tackles & a goal)
  • Riccardi had his best game since his first year - if he can keep taking those contested marks, his goalkicking is surer than Jesse & Cadman
  • Binga was superb - his speed and spark was something we really missed last year
  • the defence as a whole was pretty good, kept Jezza & Hawk to a combined 3 goals
  • Keeffe was solid & did a better job than I thought he would
  • Idun had a strong game, both in defensive and rebound aspects of his game
  • Ash, although he did have a couple of soft defensive efforts, did take a couple of strong contested marks, and kicked pretty well today
  • Whitfield probably had his strongest game in 2 years, not as wayward in kicking nor as soft in defence (although still not where he was)
  • we missed a few easy set shots (Toby, Jesse, Cadman) that should have put us further ahead at 3Q time
  • Cadman took a couple of good marks, but he's got the yips: needs to take some pressure off by going back to VFL and give Derksen a run (although it will probably be HH coming back from concussion who'll take his spot)
  • Brown is still problematic: several of those goals stemmed from poor decisions or poor efforts from him
  • as others have said, Peatling gives 100%, but his skills are lacking - he's a cheap backup player
  • Angwin is still so-so IMHO; not convinced
Still, have to be happy with the effort that the boys put in. Winning our last 3 games at :gws:MHBA Stadium is amazing.

• inspirational effort from Toby in his 200th, leading from the front; his 4 first half goals gave us some belief
  • Briggs was excellent and has clearly overtaken Flynn as preferred ruck (game high 8 clearances, 5 tackles & a goal)
  • Riccardi had his best game since his first year - if he can keep taking those contested marks, his goalkicking is surer than Jesse & Cadman
  • Binga was superb - his speed and spark was something we really missed last year
  • the defence as a whole was pretty good, kept Jezza & Hawk to a combined 3 goals
  • Ash, although he did have a couple of soft defensive efforts, did take a couple of strong contested marks, and kicked pretty well today
  • Whitfield probably had his strongest game in 2 years, not as wayward in kicking nor as soft in defence (although still not where he was)
  • we missed a few easy set shots (Toby, Jesse, Cadman) that should have put us further ahead at 3Q time
  • Cadman took a couple of good marks, but he's got the yips: needs to take some pressure off by going back to VFL and give Derksen a run (although it will probably be HH coming back from concussion who'll take his spot)
  • Brown is still problematic: several of those goals stemmed from poor decisions or poor efforts from him
  • as others have said, Peatling gives 100%, but his skills are lacking - he's a cheap backup player
Still, have to be happy with the effort that the boys put in. Winning our last 3 games at :gws:MHBA Stadium is amazing.
Good summary. This reminds me it is a 22 player game, you don't want a weak bottom 6 players.
So we must not do something stupid like trade 3 good first rounders for pick 1.
We have had problems with players selected between 12-18 wanting to leave after 2 years, we need to do trade some of those picks into the future to get a probably 50% chance of a higher pick.

Is Bedford Binga?

He looks so dynamic in the small amount I've seen this season.
Although not sure his brain can keep up with his legs just yet.

Exceptional piece of defending and rebound there from Jack Buckley!!
That was absolutely class.
He is turning into a star.
Did a very decent job on a superstar today.
Had some offence as well.
Him and Taylor together is looking like an amazing key defender duo.

Toby is having a great 200th game! If he does not make All Australian, there needs to be a corruption investigation
Injury aside he'll be there.
He is an in until he is out player now. And having a great year.
He has well and truly won the pundits over

Is Bedford Binga?

He looks so dynamic in the small amount I've seen this season.
Although not sure his brain can keep up with his legs just yet.
Binga is Brent Daniels. 3 goals, and a lot of pressure today.

Bedford is Snooze. He's been solid, but still working up to his best after his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back