Autopsy Round 1 2024 - GWS Giants v North Melbourne, 4.35 pm Saturday 16 March @ ENGIE Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Game day! Rain still forecast in the area - let's hope it stays away to allow an open, running game.

First game of the season for Norths; they have two draft debutants, a older debutant, and two debuting for their club. Corr is returning from injury, leading a defences that has a few question marks. If Giants are serious about being a threat in 2024, we will have a strong win. Callaghan and Perryman returning will strengthen the team, even after losing Callan Ward, so let's see what they can put together today.

GWS v NM.png

Last edited:

Teams have only kicked 30 goals eight times this millennium. So once every three years on average. Damo is either being hyperbolic or setting an impossible bar to have a go this week.

GIANTS coach Adam Kingsley is urging his side to keep a lid on it ahead of their round one clash with North Melbourne.

At first glance, the challenge seems easy enough for Kingsley's men. North hasn't won more than four games in a season since 2019 and has failed to finish higher than 17th during that time, including wooden spoons in 2021 and 2022.

But pre-season hitouts suggest the embattled club is on the way up. After giving the Magpies a 34-point touch-up in February, the Kangaroos proved their mettle against St Kilda before falling 19 points short of another pre-season victory. Kingsley is well aware of the dangers of underestimating the opposition and won't be letting the 'orange tsunami' praise get into his players' heads.

"We've spoken about the opportunity and making sure that we avoid any complacency," Kingsley said on Friday. "We know North Melbourne are a different unit right now than what they were last time we played them so it will be a tough game. Their talent is enormous. They play with a lot of speed so if we're not on our game, then we will get picked apart pretty easily. They'll be playing their first game this season, they'll want to get off to a good start, just like our mindset was last week."

Kingsley's charges will be boosted by the return of tough utility Harry Perryman (hamstring) and rising star Finn Callaghan (shoulder) after the duo overcame pre-season injuries.

Would very much appreciate it if you could thrash this lot. They whine about the academies like its the only benefit out there and they've received nothing:rolleyesv1:

Also, Swans fans hate their guts. Thanks cobbers👍
I don’t hate them. Lots to like about their club. I don’t think much of their best ever player as a human though. But the club itself? No issues.

I was always amused, but understood, the hope that Chook would head there.

But here’s the thing, they almost were the second Sydney side, I may have been a Roo if the timing had all worked out and they had moved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t hate them. Lots to like about their club. I don’t think much of their best ever player as a human though. But the club itself? No issues.

I was always amused, but understood, the hope that Chook would head there.

But here’s the thing, they almost were the second Sydney side, I may have been a Roo if the timing had all worked out and they had moved.
Yes, that part of the bad blood. Imagine they came to your home game and handed out membership pamphlets - that's what they did to us back the bad old days.

Teams have only kicked 30 goals eight times this millennium. So once every three years on average. Damo is either being hyperbolic or setting an impossible bar to have a go this week.
Yes Damo is an idiot who is setting us up for failure. Our highest score vs Norths in our entire history is 109 in 2017 and our biggest margin against them is 42.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back