Preview Round 1 2024 - GWS Giants v North Melbourne, 4.35 pm Saturday 16 March @ ENGIE Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making the pilgrimage down to GS for the first live game of the season, hopeful that the crowd is good. It was awesome to hear how loud it was last weekend.

The collective noun for a group of Giants is a 'Percussion'.i.e. a 'Percussion of Giants'. That explains the big, big and loud sound that was awesome to hear.

I've got no gauge if there's a decent Norths travelling contingent.
It might be tempting to see their new players for the first time.
Not much optimism on their board.
Some there are still a little bit salty about Kelly.
They’ve been salty about Kelly for 10 years, every couple of years we would get the “he is coming to North guaranteed” from the lol ITKs, and he usually re-signed early.

His parents live in Bayside don’t you know?

He’s definitely coming home 🤣🤣

Salty about Dusty as well?
I guess the 61 games his dad played is more then Jonathan Browns played for Fitzroy, but the AFL changed the rules.
Kelly might , just might have helped north win a flag in say 2016, after that it would still have been a disaster for them.
If he had played for North, they win a couple more games in recent years and miss out on say JHF, Sheezel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salty about Dusty as well?
I guess the 61 games his dad played is more then Jonathan Browns played for Fitzroy, but the AFL changed the rules.
Kelly might , just might have helped north win a flag in say 2016, after that it would still have been a disaster for them.
If he had played for North, they win a couple more games in recent years and miss out on say JHF, Sheezel.

They probably wish they did 🤣

Anyone travelling from south of Sydney for this game?

I’m coming up from the Illawarra with a 7 year old.

Original plan was to drive up via Menai and Bankstown and get a car park at Homebush, which hasn’t been a problem for me for games in the past. But it looks like that might be ill-advised this time?

Worse comes to worse, I guess I can park at Sutherland and then train to central, then Olympic park, but that’s quite a long itinerary.

Keen to know if anyone has any good ideas.

BTW, I posted the GWS tweet about Kelly as a kid in his Roos gear in the North thread. Thought it was actually a nice touch by your media team. No bad blood from me.

Can’t wait for the weekend. See y’all there.

Anyone travelling from south of Sydney for this game?

I’m coming up from the Illawarra with a 7 year old.

Original plan was to drive up via Menai and Bankstown and get a car park at Homebush, which hasn’t been a problem for me for games in the past. But it looks like that might be ill-advised this time?

Worse comes to worse, I guess I can park at Sutherland and then train to central, then Olympic park, but that’s quite a long itinerary.

Keen to know if anyone has any good ideas.

BTW, I posted the GWS tweet about Kelly as a kid in his Roos gear in the North thread. Thought it was actually a nice touch by your media team. No bad blood from me.

Can’t wait for the weekend. See y’all there.
If you were going to drive up anyway, you can park around Lidcombe and get the train shuttle, or park at Concord West and have a 20 minute walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back